Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 pm Wavetable isn't functioning in Wusik One (when we try to change the wave, the sound stops).
EDIT. I just noticed I was using the old version of the plug-in. The current installer doesn't install the new plug-ins, just the skin.
Fernando (FMR)

Agh, someone did something wrong. :dog: Ok, I will check why...

May ì have a question beside the discussion?

Month ago I installed the wusik station demo, was version 8 I guess.
I downloadet the whole sounds that came with it.

Now I bought the update for my wusikstation 7 I own.

Do I have to downloade the whole sound contend again or just the engine update for the WS 8 I already have installed?

William,
The vst's work solid in Reaper now.
Just noticed the extra paths to scan for additional plugs. This is dynamite. Thanks so much for this option.
John

Classic, you need to download again, as the demo only had 1/3 of the sounds.
EDIT: classic, if you have V8, no need to download the sounds again, so don't worry about that.

John, I'm glad. :cool:

Started a new page for wrapping other instruments sound libraries with Wusik V9/EVE V5:

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyVSTi/m ... ples2.html

Not finished yet, still have lots to go.....

Will start a new topic for this in Westgatesounds.net forum....

Oh yeah, thanks!! :party:

BETA_4_WIN_Wusik_One_Engine.exe is there now. Fixed the installer, was missing other things too, not just the plugins... :oops:

WilliamK wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:56 pm BETA_4_WIN_Wusik_One_Engine.exe is there now. Fixed the installer, was missing other things too, not just the plugins... :oops:
This is becoming funny... NOT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fernando (FMR)

Wow, what the heck?! Maybe the file is corrupted? Let me check again what file I compiled, as the install file is the same for all products... :-o

Ahhhhhhhh, rename to .ZIP instead of .EXE :dog:

Ok, updated in the EVE folder: MAC_Wusik_Engine_Data__NoSounds.dmg

It has the same presets-installer as the Windows version. I will also update the 16 Gig file in a minute, compressing it into a dmg file too.

WilliamK wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 pm Ahhhhhhhh, rename to .ZIP instead of .EXE :dog:
OK, got it. I installed and launched Wusik One. some remarks:

Remark 1. All the presets point to a soundset folder that doesn't exist. They poiunto to a folder called Wavetable, which, in the common SoundSet, is called Wavetable v9. So, all presets have to be resaved. This leads to another problem ->

Remark 2. When we load a preset, and the synth doesn't found the correct sound file, it sticks there with a message telling that the file(s) wasn't found, and we have to click to load it. BUT THERE'S MORE: As soon as we click to load the file, the message disappears, and we no longer know what is the file we are supposed to load. Awkward behavior, that needs to be urgently corrected, IMO, by ->

Hypothesis 1 - An automatic search routine, performed in the SoundSets folder. Maybe with some additional rules to speed the search, like for example search for folders with names similar to the present collection, etc. As I already wrote, WusikStation v7 did this. WusikStation 8, and all the other instruments you created ever since don't, which is a pity.

Hypothesis 2 - If you can't create this search routine, or if the search doesn't produce results, have the dialog box displaying the name and path of the missing file, so we have a clue of what we are searching for. The way it is, we need the old pencil and paper method of taking note of what we are going to look for. Which is unacceptable, in this day and age.

Remark 3. When there is more than one file missing, as soon as we load one file, we lose track of what else is missing and where. The instrument closes any message and becomes ready to be played. This is obviously a wrong behavior, because if there were three files missing, it cannot stop asking when we load the first one. What are we supposed to do after that???

That's what I have to comment for now. This problem is common to ALL instruments, AFAIK. and something that deserves your attention ASAP.
Fernando (FMR)

Wavetable playback is still broken in Wusik One. Will test in WusikStation now. The problem resides in the interpolation.

With the interpolation set to fast, it plays (with some drops, but plays).

With the interpolation set to normal, it still plays, but the number of drops increases.

With the interpolation set to slow, it starts to stutter badly.

With the interpolation set to slower, it basically doesn't play at all.
Fernando (FMR)

Another remark. I notice the same problem with the volume that I noticed with EVE. Gain is exaggerated. You should drop gain in Wusik One by at least -12 dB.

The fact that the presets have their master volume always very low is a symptom that this is not right. In normal conditions, a preset should have its volume around the middle.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”