Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some of this drum kit presets in WS are somehow strange.
They are not layed out like a usual drum kit
Its just drum sounds more ore less.
May be I make something wrong.,,hm😕

Thanks guys. I will think on some search-missing-sounds code tomorrow.

As for drum-sounds, some are just sounds, not kits like in GM KITS style.

Fernando, what do you mean by Wavetable interpolation? What are you loading and what are you playing? The code does use a lot of CPU. Here in my machine it goes nuts with 16 playing voices, but plays correctly.

Ok, BETA_6_WIN_Wusik_One_Engine.zip is there. I fixed the Wavetable to Wavetable V9 folder problem. Lowered the volume from 1.0 to 0.25 (don't know in dB what it translates to, sorry). Tomorrow I will think on the missing-files problem and create a global code that will help all products. :oops:

WilliamK wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm Fernando, what do you mean by Wavetable interpolation? What are you loading and what are you playing? The code does use a lot of CPU. Here in my machine it goes nuts with 16 playing voices, but plays correctly.
I am playing the three demo wavetable patches that came with Wusik One. As soon as I move the Mod Wheel the sound stops, and I have to lower the interpolation mode for it to play. It's not a matter of too much loading on the CPU. If I had to guess, I would say that the synth is trying to stream the data from the disk while it is interpolating the wavetable, and that's why it can't interpolate well (I am just guessing). For a wavetable to work, it has to reside whole in RAM. What I am experiencing is a slow reading, that can't keep pace with the faster (smoother) interpolation algorithms

You have to take a look at this. I will try to record a wave file to send to you.
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks Fernando. It is the code, here it goes to 60% CPU on a single voice for the first preset. :dog: It does load to RAM, the entire file. The problem is how I'm doing the interpolation. I think I will need to come up with a different code that uses less CPU. :oops: And I still need to address the missing-files problem, not sure on how yet, but I will think on something.

Again, thank you guys for all the help, really. :hug:

I will take the day to relax, a bit stressed with so much coding. I want to get things done before XMas, but maybe it won't happen. Still need to do all OSX files too. But I will leave this for later, once I address the problems above. Specially the wavetable problems as they happen on all products. :-o

Best Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:23 pm I will take the day to relax, a bit stressed with so much coding. I want to get things done before XMas, but maybe it won't happen. Still need to do all OSX files too. But I will leave this for later, once I address the problems above. Specially the wavetable problems as they happen on all products. :-o

Best Regards, WilliamK
Do that! Taking some time to rest is always good, as well as necessary, and also increses productivity. It happens the brain keeps working in background, and sometimes I came up with solutions to the problems I was facing on when I walked away for a day or so. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

William,

Popping the cork on champagne for where EVE 5 has come and what you have accomplished. Starship out of the gate.

Vst/vsti recognition still fragile. Anything up the line to make third party plugin recognition more stable is a plus. Lots of rejects trying to load, but this could be an endless task, and a "can of worms" like Fernando said.

For me, for now, so powerful to load Garritan GPO 5 to get some background support for the fine old school mellotron files from EVE 3.

Missing presets may still be a point of confusion for a new user bringing up something and finding the files missing. This said, have not downloaded the big installer due to severe bandwidth limitations out here in the woods. Maybe the new installer fixed everything.

Really appreciate the updates, the fixes, the effort, the insight.

Cheers,
JohnK

Not to mention another hi powered kick in the ass.
Kontakt now loading and under full control of EVE. Seems like sky is the limit of this incredible machine...(EVE, not Kontakt...)

JohnK

May be its just me making something wrong.
But some of this sounds are......strange.

Look at the picture I added.

First comes the normal sounds and then it gets really strange.
I found lots of the sounds behaving like this.
May be its on purpose?
Do I have to change something on my settings?

I tested that preset, and it sounded OK to me (althogh not exactly like it sounded in v7. All presets sounded differently in v8 and in v9, never again like they sounded in v7.

Anyway, I don't understand what is displayed in the waveform either, but I gave up to understand that long ago. Actually, I find that window pretty much useless the way it is right now. That's why I defended the GUI should be reworked.

EDIT: I was checking, and those parts in the right of the sound seem to correspond to parts of the samples that are not used/played by the preset. Why they were left by the preset programmers is beyond my understanding. :shrug:
Last edited by fmr on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Well. I played the sound and hold the key. If your display displays the same as mine just hold the key a while and listen.

classic wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 pm Well. I played the sound and hold the key. If your display displays the same as mine just hold the key a while and listen.
Yuu're right. If we hold the keys, we can hear that part of the samples. Which reinforces my idea that those are badly cut samples. But that part doesn't sound in WusikStation v7 thgough. Which reinforces the idea that the presets don't translate well when WilliamK changed the synthesis engine (with WusikStation v8).

You can work on that though. The GUI part that shows the waveforms is actually a sample editor. You can go through all the samples in question and simply cut the unused parts. Better yet, just edit the Amplitude Envelope, changing it's Sustain point to zero. That will be enough.
Fernando (FMR)

I just loaded that sound from V7 into V9 and it plays normally and looks normal. It does not look like that.

That looks like a faulty conversion.....

Also - making presets sound like V7:

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=514901&start=30

Return to “Instruments”