DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Can't seem to get WT import to work at all, I go to WT editor and use the Menu/Import Wav command and nothing happens. I would assume a dialogue box of some description would appear? OSX 10.12.6. Anyone?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:06 pm Can't seem to get WT import to work at all, I go to WT editor and use the Menu/Import Wav command and nothing happens. I would assume a dialogue box of some description would appear? OSX 10.12.6. Anyone?
Sorry I don't own a Mac so can't help....... :(

Here's a Choir but it fails pretty quickly.....

https://sites.google.com/site/teksonik/ ... ects=0&d=1
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I also fail bad to import vocals or acoustic elements. However, if i want that i use Falcon or Alchemy or another synth with some magic resynthesis like PPG Infinite.
A sample OSC would be nice as well but then there are enough options available for this already.
And none (or mainly none) of them supports using any wavetable as modulation source.

The point is not other plugins. If I want a choir I could simply use Kontakt etc but that's not the point.

It's just about doing an experiment to see what happens. All great discoveries have started with "What would happen if I did....." :hihi:

To be honest you could strip the WT and even Fm Osc from Dune and I'd still love it especially now with the lovely new filters.

But since it has the new WT Editor and functions why not try to push it just to see what happens ? Maybe we'll discover some radically new sounds....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:46 pm The point is not other plugins. If I want a choir I could simply use Kontakt etc but that's not the point.
Icarus does some fine quality resynthesis including vocals... you can also apply morph parameter and output that as a new wavetable. Serum does some cool stuff that way too.

If someone has these plugins, no reason not to use them to create wavetables and then import them into Dune.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:46 pm The point is not other plugins. If I want a choir I could simply use Kontakt etc but that's not the point.

It's just about doing an experiment to see what happens. All great discoveries have started with "What would happen if I did....." :hihi:

To be honest you could strip the WT and even Fm Osc from Dune and I'd still love it especially now with the lovely new filters.

But since it has the new WT Editor and functions why not try to push it just to see what happens ? Maybe we'll discover some radically new sounds....... :shrug:
Yes, good points. Dune 3 is straight my favorite synth for weird, dark, sci-fi FX and noisescapes. Really awesome for experimental things if you set it to update at audio rate and go wild with it and the new additions especially shining here for me.
Not that many people would use Dune 3 for this or find it in any way musical but i just love how fast you can set up kind of modular madness soundscapes which morphs and transforms and are also kind of playable noisescapes/soundscapes.
Nothing you would see in factory presets. Indeed there seems not much default presets (as well as in Dune 3) which shows the weird, semi-modular and non-commercial stuff.
But i could bet some might love Dune 3 really for cinematic sound design.
Here i think Dune 3 is unique from all non modular synths (and even compared to modulars) in the way you can so fast set up things.
Just using one layer blows my mind here. :)

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Yes, good points. Dune 3 is straight my favorite synth for weird, dark, sci-fi FX and noisescapes. Really awesome for experimental things if you set it to update at audio rate and go wild with it and the new additions especially shining here for me.
Not that many people would use Dune 3 for this or find it in any way musical but i just love how fast you can set up kind of modular madness soundscapes which morphs and transforms and are also kind of playable noisescapes/soundscapes.
Nothing you would see in factory presets. Indeed there seems not much default presets (as well as in Dune 3) which shows the weird, semi-modular and non-commercial stuff.
Here i think Dune 3 is unique from all non modular synths (and even compared to modulars) in the way you can so fast set up things.
Okay... now you must post some audio of one layer of Dune making some of these audio rate sound/noise scapes you speak of... :wink:

You might just sell me on Dune 3!

share your preset, please :love:

pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:22 pm
Icarus does some fine quality resynthesis including vocals... you can also apply morph parameter and output that as a new wavetable. Serum does some cool stuff that way too.

If someone has these plugins, no reason not to use them to create wavetables and then import them into Dune.
Of course there is no reason but what does that have to do with what I'm saying ? :?

The point here is to see how far we can push Dune. Of course use waves from any source. I'm using Speech Synthesis from FL studio.

I never said don't use other synths I simply said this is an experiment to see what D3 can do.... :shrug:

Anyway this patch is "different" although I'd say 99% of the people including myself would find it pretty useless in a composition (play low notes and hold them for a bit):
Man in the Machine Tek.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:07 pm Just checking in, do we have purple yet?
:lol:

This made me laugh, as my daughter used to say, “sing purple!” For a lullaby. Not knowing what the hell she was talking about, I just sang Purple Rain. :band2:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

fluffy_little_something wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:42 pm
Hadrondrift wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm Willing to pay 49 USD, unwilling to pay 79 USD? The difference is about what I pay for a two-person-dinner at the local Chinese restaurant, and that would be a one time only experience. I decided to eat some peanuts, drink fresh water and buy Dune 3 tonight.
Yeah, you can still enjoy Dune 3 in 2020, try that with Chinese food you buy today :hihi:
I think I I have fat on my belly that I got from a cookie binge session in 1996. It can happen.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Updates from v1 is not on the table right? You have to buy the plugin again?

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

pdxindy wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:28 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Okay... now you must post some audio of one layer of Dune making some of these audio rate sound/noise scapes you speak of... :wink:

You might just sell me on Dune 3!
I already know that people bitch and say it´s just noise and every crap stock synth with some crap FX can do the same. Maybe? I don´t know. But i love Dune 3 for these tones.
And yes, especially at higher frequencies it´s a huge different to have the mod-matrix update at audio rate. Maybe i post some "crap" sounds later :D

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 pmI already know that people bitch and say it´s just noise and every crap stock synth with some crap FX can do the same. Maybe? I don´t know. But i love Dune 3 for these tones.
And yes, especially at higher frequencies it´s a huge different to have the mod-matrix update at audio rate. Maybe i post some "crap" sounds later :D
I don't care what those people say... I can hear the difference between low quality (so called) audio rate modulation and the good stuff!! :hihi:

Different synth of course... but if quality wise it is up around Bazille territory, I want to hear it!

It is quite possible that Synth X with FX Y can do what Synth Z can do. The question is this.

How much extra effort will it take to get Synth X with FX Y to sound like Synth Z? As I am getting more and more into making music and less and less into turning knobs and moving sliders, I find that I simply don't want to spend a lot of time finding sounds anymore. Life's too short. Recording, mixing and mastering is a long enough process as it is. I don't need to compound it by futzing around with programming synths. I didn't really like doing it in the 70s and I am finding less and less enjoyment out of doing it today. At least not for the purpose of making music.

So unless Synth X and FX Y can get me what I want right away, I'm not really interested anymore.

For certain EDM based tracks, Dune 3 gives me the sound I want right away.

That's all I care about.

Return to “Instruments”