Thanks for nothing Magix

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Automatic serial registration for Sound Forge 11 doesn't work. So I register the product on Magix's website and try the alternate auth method and it tells me the computer ID generated isn't valid. So I check the support area and it says they don't accept inquiries for anything before version 12...?!

The f**king hell? Granted I bought this a number of months back and am finally getting around to installing things but this is just piss to treat a customer like this.

f**k you Magix. I'll never purchase your shit again. Caveat emptor about these asshats. :-x
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

SF11 was released by Sony ... before it was sold to Magix. They did a cheap upgrade deal for SF11 owners when 12 came out. Seems odd they don't offer any support. :shrug:

Thanks for nothing, Magix ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Have you tried contacting them?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:44 pm SF11 was released by Sony ... before it was sold to Magix. They did a cheap upgrade deal for SF11 owners when 12 came out. Seems odd they don't offer any support. :shrug:
Cheap upgrade? $199 is cheap? :roll:

And, althought SF11 was released still by Sony, Magix was selling SF11 for quite some time. Anyway, they have obligations towards customers, and they certainly can't say they don't answer enquiries for anything but SF12.

Magix is acting strangely these days.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:06 am
Cheap upgrade? $199 is cheap? :roll:
Perhaps I should have said discounted upgrade.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

But theyre still bundling SF Pro11 with Samplitude so they must allow registering it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:04 am Have you tried contacting them?
There's no contact phone, no contact email address, no support chat links, nothing.

Their incredibly restrictive "support" area (laughable) specifically says they won't respond to tickets submitted for versions of Sound Forge before 12, which is a tad mind-blowing to me but hey if your business model involves alienating a pre-existing customer as quickly and utterly as possible I suppose it's working flawlessly.

Seems to be the Google model of support. I.E. virtually non-existent
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:17 am But theyre still bundling SF Pro11 with Samplitude so they must allow registering it
You would think but this is a brave new world we live in where apparently you can sell something and then immediately follow that up with the middle finger.

That's really bad ... did you buy it direct from them? Last time I contacted them they were using support@magix.net

I did buy it directly through Magix. It was that $199 joint deal for Samplitude and Sound Forge. I'll hunt through the old emails and see if there is anything I can find.

I own some products wich now are owned by M. Since Spectralayers and Sound Forge are captured by them support went inacceptable worse just as their upgrade policy. When SF was bought by Sony back then I guessed things could not get worse. Magix proved my fallacy.

Yo. Am i right here for da bash party?

Your wellcome!

Just got an email for Suite plus SF Pro 11 so theyre still pushing it.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Actually, as we're at it, it kind of annoyed me that Sony/Magix Vegas Pro Edit 14 installed an additional software, just to make you aware of other products, special offers on upgrades, and what not, and that that app frequently greeted me with a popup, where i had no idea where it was coming from, when i logged into Windows. I first had to check the task manager what that app was, saw it was from Magix, and saw that i can even uninstall it, separately from Vegas Pro. Can only imagine how people have to feel when they paid hundreds of € full price for Vegas Pro Edit, and then end up with some "better" ad ware on their computer. :)

Apart from that, no complaints. I got Vegas Pro Edit 14 in a Humble Bundle action, and it's a great piece of software, especially for the price (17 €) i got it for. It's sold for 399 regularly, so, kind of the bargain of the year.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”