FL Studio 20.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Trancit wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:30 pm
tim.benetonn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 pm did they fix latency compensation for plugins?
can I use parallel processing without phase issues because of latency???
Latency compensation was greatly improved with the V20 release...
FWIW, I did a lot of testing with this.... and it was a huge improvement.

There still are certain routings that can't be compensated because of basic logic incompatibilities.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 pm it is NOT possible to play triplets in the step-sequencer , a triplet eight against 2 regular eight notes fo example
https://youtu.be/PPrdGxJytyI
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:05 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 pm it is NOT possible to play triplets in the step-sequencer , a triplet eight against 2 regular eight notes fo example
Headshot :hihi:

That's cheating using piano roll, so no headshot at all.

I'm going to have a little moan. Why not just a patch? How come we've got to download the whole thing again?

people saying that the problem is not fixed!
in two seconds I've found a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ49TIZPhZU

that's why I'm asking if its fixed now

tim.benetonn wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:53 pm did they fix latency compensation for plugins?

Latency compensation problem is not solved in V20 release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ49TIZPhZU

That's why I'm asking if it is fixed now?

Image-Line wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:05 am
And now do it with the step-sequencer only ( no piano roll ) , as your promo video insinuates .
Your gonna have to use the step delay column :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

tim.benetonn wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Latency compensation problem is not solved in V20 release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ49TIZPhZU

That's why I'm asking if it is fixed now?
You have to decide what you want to ask for... :x
I answered to your posting, where you asked for latency compensated parallel processing and phasing issues, which is completely fixed!!!!!!!!!! Both with using mixer routing and mix knob...

What you show here is the question, if transport linked plugins get latency compensated too... that´s a complete different story... and the answer is not at the moment

But there is a more than easy way to fix:
Keep transport linked plugins before latency plugins and you are good to go...

There are still some things to adress as compensate for plugins like LFO Tool, Volume shaper etc... or compensate for everything happen in the playlist (automation clips)...
Still not adressed too is compensation for plugins with "Fixed buffer size" enabled...

You see: correct question leads to a correct answer... 8)

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:06 pm And now do it with the step-sequencer only ( no piano roll ) , as your promo video insinuates .
Perhaps a silly question, but what´s wrong with using the PR editor for special cases???

Basically you try to hit the nail with a glass because you are too lazy to go and get the hammer from the next room...
At the very end it´s important that you get the job done and not to win the next champion ship in "Hey, I did an opera orchestration only in the step sequencer"...

Sorry to sound perhaps a bit rude... just my 2 cents...

Trancit wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 pm But there is a more than easy way to fix:
Keep transport linked plugins before latency plugins and you are good to go...
"Workaround", not fix. But most of the time, that will work because the order of plug-ins like LFO Tool, Kickstart etc. and others doesn't matter except in a few instances. Although I guess if you put the synced effect on a bus and have a bunch of tracks with their own effects going into it, it's going to wreck havoc with the timing.
Still kind of amazing that this doesn't work 100% after 20 years of development.

Trancit wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:30 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:06 pm And now do it with the step-sequencer only ( no piano roll ) , as your promo video insinuates .
Perhaps a silly question, but what´s wrong with using the PR editor for special cases???

Basically you try to hit the nail with a glass because you are too lazy to go and get the hammer from the next room...
At the very end it´s important that you get the job done and not to win the next champion ship in "Hey, I did an opera orchestration only in the step sequencer"...

Sorry to sound perhaps a bit rude... just my 2 cents...
Noppes , reason why I am acting as a party pooper is because the promo video clearly insunuates that polyrytms can be created on the fly within the stepsequencer ..
Which is not the case
Polymeter yes , but for polyrytm you would need the delay column in the stepsequencer ( to shift and alter the step's duration ) since the division in the stepsequencer is still based on divisions of quarter notes.
And Image line knows this , that why they posted the video shown above using the piano roll for triplets
headhot ? not really :D
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 pm Noppes , reason why I am acting as a party pooper is because the promo video clearly insunuates that polyrytms can be created on the fly within the stepsequencer ..
Which is not the case
Polymeter yes , but for polyrytm you would need the delay column in the stepsequencer ( to shift and alter the step's duration ) since the division in the stepsequencer is still based on divisions of quarter notes.
Hmm, I guess, what you call polymeter is polyrythm enough for the majority of people out there including me...
Nothing to worry about...

Thats also why km testin other daws

Pdc is still broken
Plugin crashes and stability issues ( i dunno if others are really better)
Some routing complications
Recording/audiofile handlings
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:45 pm Thats also why km testin other daws

Pdc is still broken
Plugin crashes and stability issues ( i dunno if others are really better)
Some routing complications
Recording/audiofile handlings
While I agree to all your points... it´s nevertheless one of the most creative and feature riches DAW´s on the market... very active developed and don´t forget once you paid it, you get everything for free...forever...
The nowadays devs have sometimes to deal with GOL´s previous decisions, which like we all know, were sometimes not the best in regards of future proofness...(the fine line between genius and madness) ... and searching now for ways to make new stuff happen and workaround bad behaving parts, which are burried deep into the core code and therefore is hard to change (as what I have understood)...

But there is already so much good stuff in there...

- the PR editor alone is a masterpiece,
- the 2 best slicing plugins with autodump trigger notes for every change of the slicing and a very powerful randomize function... instant fills and variation,
- the best vocoder,
- the best audio editor plugin,
- the tightest integration between the browser and sending samples to various targets,
- the best step sequencer integration in a DAW with seamless transfer to the PR,
- look and feel, first laughed at now industry standard
- being able to automate nearly everything with a single knob/clip/pattern for as many targets as you want,
- this little genius Sampler channel...often copied never reached
- a very very flexible Mixer, which is able to show on 1080p 67 mixer channels with full functionality... no other DAW is able to do this as well as having a neat little 3 band eq and full stereo tool included,
- the current channel in the mixer alone is pure genius... unique on the market
- sounds simple and is so powerful to be able to route multiple sources to one mixer channel with seperate volume and pan control

I could continue on this forever I guess... I simply love this prog...
All critic is legitimate but a bit unfair compared to all they brought us and often forgotten too fast...
I am no exception on this having been very rude sometimes too...

Every DAW has it´s shortcomings... as long as GOL was the only main developer, FLS has fallen far behind other DAWs technical wise (not his fault...one main developer isn´t enough for such a big task) but since the team has grown, these guys have been working very very hard to fulfill nearly every user wish the last years...
The rest of what is missing is only a matter of time, as so much has improved already...

I think this deserves our (FL Studio users and people interested in) honest respect and perhaps a bit patience... :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”