u-he Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:23 pmIt was, most probably, a remnant.
Yes.
Now, the older wavetables (those that were on the folder "uhm examples"). Anyone knows what are the new names given to them, and where they are? I would love to get rid of duplicates.
Just delete "UHM" and "WAV" directories. We made Hive find the correct wavetables anyway, no matter if in old or new presets. Keep a copy of those two folders (outside the wavetable dir), just in case, check the presets/projects and delete afterwards.

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:26 pm I also included a screenshot where in Hive settings you set where your presets are saved.
rsp
Yeah, but that isn't a solution. The user folder is still pre-defined, and I certainly don't want my presets spread in whatever folder was selected previously (the save dialog doesn't allow us to define where to save them). Unless I am missing something :?

I think I will keep my current solution, which is saving them to the pre-defined user folder, and then organize them by hand.
Fernando (FMR)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:46 pmI can't comment on WT, no experience, hardly any interest. I know it is very popular these days, but I don't know why, frankly.
So why are you posting in this thread at all? The first post clearly states the update to 1.2 only adds wavetables, something you stated you have “hardly any interest in”. You have already demoed, purchased, used, decided you did not like, and sold your copy of Hive. You know what is is, and what it is not. Adding wavetables isn’t going to address your personal perceived issues with detune, panning, ergonomic, or knob labels.

With respect, Isn’t it best for everyone if you just move on and enjoy using the tools you love?
Feel free to call me Brian.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:25 pmDude, you are relentless. I'm tempted to buy Hive just to reward him for answering your posts.
No worries. I do some quick meditation in-between. And hey, I did get to try another truth sandwhich. Amazing concept, that.

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:26 pm I also included a screenshot where in Hive settings you set where your presets are saved.
rsp
Yeah, but that isn't a solution. The user folder is still pre-defined, and I certainly don't want my presets spread in whatever folder was selected previously (the save dialog doesn't allow us to define where to save them). Unless I am missing something :?

I think I will keep my current solution, which is saving them to the pre-defined user folder, and then organize them by hand.

No you are right.
So where do you want to save them?
I thought it was the 00 prefix was the issue?
rsp
sound sculptist

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 pm
rsp

You can always browse for all your presets at once, and drag them into a folder of your liking. Provided that you fill in the author field when you save.

I think it's a vastly overlooked feature in our patch browser, that you can easily do a load of batch operations by just creating a selection, and dragging it wherever or onto whatever tag.

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm No you are right.
rsp
The "00 User" folder is created inside Presets folder (otgether with the other presets folders. But if I pick a preset from somebody else and tweak it, and I want to save it to that folder, it doesn't.

What I observe now is:

1. I have "User folder" selected. It saves everything in "UserPresets\Hive\" (I still didn't understood why the Hive folder, since only Hive presets can be saved in there, AFAIK). It doesn't allow me to choose.

2. I have "Selected folder" selected. It saves the preset in whatever folder I chose to open it. Let's say I opened a presets from the folder "05 Pads & Strings", tweak it, and try to save it. It will be saved inside the same folder (which is NOT what I want). Again, it doesn't allow me to choose.
Fernando (FMR)

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm You can always browse for all your presets at once, and drag them into a folder of your liking. Provided that you fill in the author field when you save.

I think it's a vastly overlooked feature in our patch browser, that you can easily do a load of batch operations by just creating a selection, and dragging it wherever or onto whatever tag.
You mean from inside the patch browser? That is new to me. Will check that :tu:

EDIT: And you're right :D It never occurred to me (I guess I haven't read the manuals for a long, long time) :oops: Great, feature, BTW. :tu:
Last edited by fmr on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:52 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm No you are right.
rsp
The "00 User" folder is created inside Presets folder (otgether with the other presets folders. But if I pick a preset from somebody else and tweak it, and I want to save it to that folder, it doesn't.

What I observe now is:

1. I have "User folder" selected. It saves everything in "UserPresets\Hive\" (I still didn't understood why the Hive folder, since only Hive presets can be saved in there, AFAIK). It doesn't allow me to choose.

2. I have "Selected folder" selected. It saves the preset in whatever folder I chose to open it. Let's say I opened a presets from the folder "05 Pads & Strings", tweak it, and try to save it. It will be saved inside the same folder (which is NOT what I want). Again, it doesn't allow me to choose.
Hopefully the photos help here.

I am in Pads. I see a preset I want to edit. I load it.
I then click on User Folder,
and then do Save.
It saves it to the User folder.

That is with Selected Folder..
It saves it to any folder I select before I hit save.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:58 pm I am in Pads. I see a preset I want to edit. I load it.
I then click on User Folder,
and then do Save.
It saves it to the User folder.

That is with Selected Folder..
It saves it to any folder I select before I hit save.
rsp
Maybe I wasn't clear. After I open the preset, I leave the browser. And after I edit it, I usually don't return to the browser (why would I?) I just click the "Save" button. And since I didn't deselect the original folder (the folder where was the preset I loaded - and again, why would I?) it will be saved in that same folder.

What you wrote is right, it simply isn't the way I do things :shrug: But thanks for your help, anyway. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Got ya
Then you would indeed have to do as Urs suggested. Move them after the fact from the preset browser itself.
rsp
sound sculptist

fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:53 pm
Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:45 pm You can always browse for all your presets at once, and drag them into a folder of your liking. Provided that you fill in the author field when you save.

EDIT: And you're right :D It never occurred to me (I guess I haven't read the manuals for a long, long time) :oops: Great, feature, BTW. :tu:
Hehehe, it's new since the tagged browser... you can select any number of presets and drag them onto a Favourite colour. Boom, these presets are tagged as that favourite. You can drag them onto any other tag. Onto an author name. You can select a favourite, select all and (option/alt? gotta check the manual myself...) drag them somewhere to put them into a folder. You can specify tags, authors and favourites in searches. You can save searches if you often use them.

Btw. we have plans to add an option to select and alternative directory into the save dialog itself. It's just tedious stuff we hadn't gotten around to do.

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:06 pm Btw. we have plans to add an option to select and alternative directory into the save dialog itself. It's just tedious stuff we hadn't gotten around to do.
That would be great... :D

EDIT: But don't forget Zebra 3 :D
Last edited by fmr on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:04 pm
fmr wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Hehehe, it's new since the tagged browser... you can select any number of presets and drag them onto a Favourite colour. Boom, these presets are tagged as that favourite. You can drag them onto any other tag. Onto an author name. You can select a favourite, select all and (option/alt? gotta check the manual myself...) drag them somewhere to put them into a folder. You can specify tags, authors and favourites in searches. You can save searches if you often use them.
Maybe a browser video is in order...

Return to “Instruments”