u-he Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

I mean we just had 100 threads about supersaws and hypersaws.
What about Megasaws?
(best supersaw is still in Sunrizer....).
Oh i wanted to go out here, sorry.
To the topic, Hive 1.2 is a great update and i think it´s a great synth which has it´s pro and contra as every synth in the damn universe.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 pm I mean we just had 100 threads about supersaws and hypersaws.
What about Megasaws?
To the topic, Hive 1.2 is a great update and i think it´s a great synth which has it´s pro and contra as every synth in the damn universe.
:clap:

Cinebient wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 pm I mean we just had 100 threads about supersaws and hypersaws.
What about Megasaws?
Thank you.

And yes, the supersaw discussion makes me cringe.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:00 pm
HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:30 pm Ok, this is made with a non uhe synth - 2 osc plus sub, no additonal effects or tricks. Can someone replicate this hypersaw like sound in Hive?

https://instaud.io/33Dz
Better to post the synth you used and the preset. Then anyone with that synth can try out the sound and see how it is constructed. That makes it much easier to try and duplicate. With 3 Osc's and I assume a filter and envelop that is already a lot of variables to be in the dark about.

Yep just posting the audio example alone is not enough. Post patch file and which synth, indeed.

Urs, there's a special place in synth heaven for people with your level of patience. With tons of Eurocrack and a working PPG Realizer, and also a Bahn Sage! :party: :lol:

Here's my take on a hypersaw type organ patch I whipped up in the Hive demo. Can't be bothered to post audio, but anyone is welcome to try it out on their own. I just tried to come up with the most obnoxious version of what I think EDM sounds like. :hihi:

There's delay and some effects, but of course you can turn that stuff off. Based on a factory patch by Aiyn Zahev, just tweaked it to the dirty engine, detuned osc2, added more resonance for bite, added white noise to sub2, and tweaked the effects. Was very easy to make. Not sure if it's useful to anyone (again EDM is not my forte), but this is the type of sound I hear when I think "hypersaw."

Made in Hive 1.2...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:56 pmps my feedback about this detune/supersaw thing was out of good intention, cause I wanted to see tech updated so I can use only Hive in my projects...I meant no disrespect and I certainly didnt troll, but ultra hardcore fan boys (90% of them never released a single track on world scale level aka major label) instantly felt attacked, which is sad...
If I recall correctly, I only answered your first post (aka "hive can't do it") and told you in very calm words that I'm done with this kind of discussion. I left it behind. There's nothing coming out of it, there never was, there never will. It's an alibi war for something else. It did certainly not get dragged on by *me*. I'm reacting, always just reacting. Others are agressing. Hope you'll see that in retrospect.

HcDoom wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:30 pm Ok, this is made with a non uhe synth - 2 osc plus sub, no additonal effects or tricks. Can someone replicate this hypersaw like sound in Hive?

These hypersaws are usually from the virus, right? So, global unison is what makes these hypersaws so phat/thicc :hihi:
Hive does not have global unison.
Virus: 2 hypersaw oscillators with 9 voices x 8 (max) global unison = 144 max voices / note
Hive: 4 oscillators (with Sub Osc on "=") with 16 voices = 64 max voices / note
Global unison on super/hypersaw is the answer. Correct me if I am wrong.

T H I C C

I raise your hypersaw with dinosaw.

<List your stupid gear here>

anoise wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 pm

These hypersaws are usually from the virus, right? So, global unison is what makes these hypersaws so phat/thicc :hihi:
Hive does not have global unison.
Virus: 2 hypersaw oscillators with 9 voices x 8 (max) global unison = 144 max voices / note
Hive: 4 oscillators (with Sub Osc on "=") with 16 voices = 64 max voices / note
Global unison on super/hypersaw is the answer. Correct me if I am wrong.
Well, if people want global unison and if that's the answer to all their needs, we can certainly add the controls to the UI. It's already built-in, but doesn't fit my vision for Hive.

(and saying so would have been a lot less hassle than talking about something else, e.g. unsion oscillator detuning)

Wouldn't you need to update the voice management system to support more than 16 voices in that case? Having x8 global unison means you'd only ever be able to play dyads :P

(But yeah, would be really nice to have max poly of 64 in Zebra and Hive, which can be very efficient on CPU, Zebra less so, but totally depends on what you're doing in the patch.)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm Wouldn't you need to update the voice management system to support more than 16 voices in that case? Having x8 global unison means you'd only ever be able to play dyads :P
You only need 2x unison. Surely no-one can distinguish between 128x and 144x unison.

Easier yet: We up the max unsion to 32. Or 40, for good measure.

Or, lazy solution: We add a 93x supersaw wavetable. That should be scripted easily and do the trick nicely.

(BTW regarding that semitone knob mousewheel/scaling thing... it applies not only to Hive but all your other products which have tune/voice stack knobs that are +/- 24 semitones in range. So, Diva, Repro, Podolski, Tyrell... all of them with the same weird 0.40 step size. Zebra is the only one from what I can see that does it right with 1 semitone per step. EDIT: Aha, except in Comb oscillators, 0.40 there as well!)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8x global unison in Hive would be 512 voices/note, that is kinda overkill, or maybe not... look at Dune and how many voices it can have per note? :lol:
Anyway, if it is relatively easy to implement then why not?

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm Wouldn't you need to update the voice management system to support more than 16 voices in that case? Having x8 global unison means you'd only ever be able to play dyads :P
You only need 2x unison. Surely no-one can distinguish between 128x and 144x unison.

Easier yet: We up the max unsion to 32. Or 40, for good measure.

Or, lazy solution: We add a 93x supersaw wavetable. That should be scripted easily and do the trick nicely.
all this maths is making me :ud: !

Return to “Instruments”