Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:47 am As good as Valhalla Delay may be, I doubt it will be revolutionary better than current plugs.
I get the feeliong that "revolutionary" isn't the goal. I'm thinking it's more, "simple feature set, great sounding." More like a Strymon pedal than Blue Cat's Late Replies. And yeah, there are already quite a few delays out there that fit that bill.

I think if expectations are set accordingly, one might find a cool sounding delay at a great price.

foosnark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am That's funny cuz it says 2018 at the end of the video :D
Maybe 2018 is the name of the plugin :hihi:
That would actually be brilliant!!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 am
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:47 am As good as Valhalla Delay may be, I doubt it will be revolutionary better than current plugs.
I get the feeliong that "revolutionary" isn't the goal. I'm thinking it's more, "simple feature set, great sounding." More like a Strymon pedal than Blue Cat's Late Replies. And yeah, there are already quite a few delays out there that fit that bill.

I think if expectations are set accordingly, one might find a cool sounding delay at a great price.
I’ll definitely try it, I’m a delay fanatic. But I’m just not concerned whether it comes out now, next year.

And the price has to be right. Even at 49€ I couldn’t pull the trigger on U-He color copy because it just didn’t bring enough to the table for me.

perpetual3 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:38 am

I’ll definitely try it, I’m a delay fanatic. But I’m just not concerned whether it comes out now, next year.
Welcome to the club....

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foosnark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:44 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 am That's funny cuz it says 2018 at the end of the video :D
Maybe 2018 is the name of the plugin :hihi:
One of the great thing with internet-boards such as this one is that you meet people from all over the world and thus can learn a lot about other cultures. With the calendar system we use in the western world 2018 goes on for two more weeks.

What alternative calendars are people using on here?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Honestly people, it says right in the video description:
"A teaser video for the upcoming Valhalla plugin. Which will be released in 2019, not 2018, contrary to the "2018" in the video. We made the videos a while back."

subterfuge wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:42 pm Honestly people, it says right in the video description:
"A teaser video for the upcoming Valhalla plugin. Which will be released in 2019, not 2018, contrary to the "2018" in the video. We made the videos a while back."
I think we can all agree that the whole reason we watch videos in the first place is so we don't have to read. :wink:

With so many delay plugins today that sound great and/or are packed with features, this plugin is entering a crowded field and will have to offer something special to stand out:

Echoboy
Replika XT
Relayer
Late Replies
Modnetic
Outer Space
Dubstation
Sigmund
Sandman Pro
Timeless 2

You forgot Ubermod
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:32 pm You forgot Ubermod
Indeed. That was really strange for me, that Valhalla is working on new delay plugin, because in my eyes Ubermod is delay/echo/multiFX on steroids!

... but in other hand. He created lot of high quality reverbs with different algorythms and I own only one of them, so why only one "delay" plugin?
yzcoruhT

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm With so many delay plugins today that sound great and/or are packed with features, this plugin is entering a crowded field and will have to offer something special to stand out:

Echoboy
Replika XT
Relayer
Late Replies
Modnetic
Outer Space
Dubstation
Sigmund
Sandman Pro
Timeless 2

That goes for pretty much any new plugin unless it's something radically different.

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:59 pm With so many delay plugins today that sound great and/or are packed with features, this plugin is entering a crowded field and will have to offer something special to stand out:

Echoboy
Replika XT
Relayer
Late Replies
Modnetic
Outer Space
Dubstation
Sigmund
Sandman Pro
Timeless 2
...you forgot Diffuse... :)
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

Didn't Melda win the infamous Delay War?

Or are we still waiting for the feedback on that one? :ud:

mutantdog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:15 pm Didn't Melda win the infamous Delay War?

Or are we still waiting for the feedback on that one? :ud:
We're waiting to hear Sir Elton's opinion.

Return to “Effects”