VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:17 am
Urs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:15 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:05 am
Urs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:17 am Well, I might also try 3/5/7x unison saw wavetables today. That's less code in a uhm script than required to try any of the other options.
Im curious about that! But why not to add optional x8 unison on whole synth ? :)
Check what I wrote a few minutes ago:

viewtopic.php?p=7257326#p7257326

8)
Ok...then i have idea, call it not Unison but CPU Killer option instead :D Then when people will complain it kills your CPU, answer can be "turn off CPU kIller option, it says it right there - it kills CPU" :D
Killer Bee option you mean :P
Always Read the Manual!

I just now downloaded the update (and ignored most of the thread :D).

To me this is a unique take on wavetables, offering someting I wasn't getting from Serum, Eurorack hardware or Pigments. It really extends Hive's capabilities a lot and I'm surprised it's not a paid major version upgrade. Thanks Urs!

I really want to join in with the spirit of this thread and find something to complain about but I'm struggling here. Having spent much of the day messing about with the wavetable I'm really quite impressed with it, for what i was led to believe would be more of a secondary feature it really shines and offers up a nice variety of options, especially the various interpolation methods and the additional multi-pos axis for larger WTs. And that's before i even started applying the excellent unison that helped make Hive such a Sylenth-killer. :wink:

I've added in my Galbanum and Adventure Kid WTs aswell as the Ableton ones and a few others and they all work well too. So what can i moan about? The effects have gone untoached, not that there was anything wrong there but i'd always welcome more distortion algos, the mousewheel thing on the sub-osc semitone parameter that was already mentioned...

I guess there's a risk now that i'll wanna start spending hours making WTs instead of making music. As if my creative blocks weren't bad enough already, you've gone and thrown another distraction at me. Dammit Urs, now you've ruined everything! :D :hihi:

:oops:

mutantdog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:15 pm I've added in my Galbanum and Adventure Kid WTs aswell as the Ableton ones and a few others and they all work well too.
Did you sample the Ableton ones yourself or are they stored as wav files in the core library?
I already have the Serum, Galbanum and AdventureKid WTs in Hive, but I really like the Ableton ones and it would be nice to have those too!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 pm Did you sample the Ableton ones yourself or are they stored as wav files in the core library?
I already have the Serum, Galbanum and AdventureKid WTs in Hive, but I really like the Ableton ones and it would be nice to have those too!
On Windows:
Program Data \ Ableton \ Live 10 Suite \ Resources \ Dsp \ Vector \ Sprites

They are all in there as wav files.

mutantdog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 pm Did you sample the Ableton ones yourself or are they stored as wav files in the core library?
On Windows:

Thank you kindly!
Always Read the Manual!

Here's a preset running 7 x 64 sawtooth oscillators in Hive. That's right, 448 sawteeth in animation. It's done by creating a pleasant wavetable with 7 detuned sawtooth waveforms. Essentially, when set to loop --> and cycle, turning the auto rate knob into another detune parameter.

Just drop both "SuperSeven.h2p" and "SuperSeven.uhm" into your preset folder, load the preset and tweak to taste!
SuperSeven.zip
Enjoy,

- Urs

(yes, it's pretty fake and not at all super duper super insane since the wavetable modulation rate is the same for any 32 sawteeth... but still... sounds "moar" than your usual "true" 64 x supersaw)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm Here's a preset running 7 x 64 sawtooth oscillators in Hive. That's right, 448 sawteeth in animation. It's done by creating a pleasant wavetable with 7 detuned sawtooth waveforms. Essentially, when set to loop --> and cycle, turning the auto rate knob into another detune parameter.

Just drop both "SuperSeven.h2p" and "SuperSeven.uhm" into your preset folder, load the preset and tweak to taste!

SuperSeven.zip

Enjoy,

- Urs

(yes, it's pretty fake and not at all super duper super insane since the wavetable modulation rate is the same for any 32 sawteeth... but still... sounds "moar" than your usual "true" 64 x supersaw)
TO tell you the truth 8 unison on single oscillator sounds better :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:51 pm Here's a preset running 7 x 64 sawtooth oscillators in Hive. That's right, 448 sawteeth in animation. It's done by creating a pleasant wavetable with 7 detuned sawtooth waveforms. Essentially, when set to loop --> and cycle, turning the auto rate knob into another detune parameter.

SuperSeven.zip

Enjoy,

- Urs

It’s never enough!
(a lesson I’ve learned during divorce from my ex-wife) :o

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:45 pm

SuperSeven.zip

Enjoy,

- Urs

It’s never enough!
No, i actually said that LESS is better in this case :) real 8 saws sounds better then 7x64 (fake ones) :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:45 pm

SuperSeven.zip

Enjoy,

- Urs

It’s never enough!
No, i actually said that LESS is better in this case :) real 8 saws sounds better then 7x64 (fake ones) :)
Please tell that („less is better“) my ex-wife! :pray:

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:34 pm TO tell you the truth 8 unison on single oscillator sounds better :)
Oh, don't I know :clown:

Anyhow, was fun to make, even if it isn't crazy useful at all.

mutantdog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:15 pmDammit Urs, now you've ruined everything! :D
Yeah, stop making good synths already! :box:

mutantdog wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 pm
On Windows:

Awesome, thanks! I have the Galbanum (and Ableton) WTs and was wondering about this

Return to “Instruments”