Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing new. Last guy on the block to notice anything added.

Bridge from 32 to 64 in EVE 5. Still got to get EVE 3 in EVE 5, but the bridge a critical addition. So many gems of the past that a multitude of musicians are holding onto that will never be upgraded to 64 bit. Bridge and pickup of external vst/vsti programs still fragile and needs refinement over time. Major strength here.

For me, and maybe only for me, the joy of this is being able to open EVE 5.

Tons of beautiful sounds from Prizm and GB of Wusik installers. Could take down the walls if properly crafted, blended, panned, even if nothing else was available.

Then to be able to support these sounds by pulling in Kontakt, GPO, Dim Pro and Rapture, Alchemy, so many other resources. This is really cool and where progress, stability needs to be refined IMHO.

Kontakt as an example. (love the thing and all the libraries)

Kontakt is way cool but cannot incorporate EVE sounds. EVE 5 can pull in Kontakt and use everything in the Kontakt library in addition to the fine Wusik libraries.

So what is the higher ground if you are a keyboard banger and want to dig really deep into the options. EVE 5 is the only option hands down.

Giant storm moving in upon us starting tomorrow. 70 mph winds and many inches of rain.

Stay dry guys.

JohnK

dnekm wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 pm I just loaded that sound from V7 into V9 and it plays normally and looks normal. It does not look like that.

That looks like a faulty conversion.....

Also - making presets sound like V7:

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=514901&start=30
I did what you did, and although the samples don't show the garbage shown in the v9 version, they still show some "spikes", at least two that were shown problematic here in v9.

Please check yourself and tell me if you don't observe that. The presets are "Anabel" and also "Coldice". Actually, I noticed that many samples show spikes.

What I don't understand is why the conversion? If v9 can still read WusikSND, as well as the old presets, why were those converted (risking damaging them, as it happened)?

Some other things at the attention of WilliamK. If we edit the samples from within WusikStation, we don't have the option to save a new WusikSound with the samples embedded. What we can is save a WusikSound where the samples are stored in a separate folder inside the soundset folder. Problem is that, if we do this, and save the WusikSound with the same name, the preset where we did the creation of that new WusikSound plays OK, but other presets that use the same WusikSound don't recognize it, and don't play anymore.

Other possibility is to save the preset with the samples embedded, but that creates a new WusikPack file, that is not used by other presets either.

So, I think we should be able to save the edited sounds in the same WusikSound we are editing, in a way that would be readable by ALL the presets that use the same WusikSound. This way, we could "fix" the faulty WusikSound files (at least the ones we wanted to use).

Of course, this doesn't invalidate checking what went wrong with the conversions and performing a new conversion of the old libraries that result in a clean new library. But, as I said, that would mean go through the thousands of WusikSound files, checking that each is OK. Not an easy task, but I could help on this (at least for the moment).
Fernando (FMR)

Weird, when I loaded the sound as a WusikSND file, it had a spike. So I converted it into SFZ/WAV:

dnekm wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 pm Weird, when I loaded the sound as a WusikSND file, it had a spike. So I converted it into SFZ/WAV:
So, is it the format that's inducing these "ghosts"?
Fernando (FMR)

So far, it seems to be. And only in Analog Night soundset.

I have already converted Acoustic Collection to SFZ/WAV and did not remember seeing any spike in the WusikSND file display before I did.

I took a look through a large part of Analog Night and spikes and some other weirdness come up from time to time.

So I decided to convert it and see. I have only convereted sounds that start with A through C so far, no glitches in the SFZ/WAV. For Anabell I even went into ESC and looked at each converted WAV looking for that spike and it is not found.

So I am thinking maybe just a glitch in the Waveform display for some reason?

Anyone notice these things in other soundsets?

Little by little, I am going to convert every WusikSND file into SFZ/WAV.

dnekm wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 pm So I am thinking maybe just a glitch in the Waveform display for some reason?

Anyone notice these things in other soundsets?

Little by little, I am going to convert every WusikSND file into SFZ/WAV.
It's not just a display glitch, because it it is audible (and it was sounding nasty in the converted WusikSDN soundsets in WusikStation 9).

And yes, it happens in many other soundsets. Fortunately, most of them have loops and use them, and since these "ghosts" are after the loop, they don't play. But something really wrong is happening with the format, and William will have to take a look at that (or give up of the proprietary format completely, and convert everything into SFZ).
Fernando (FMR)

Here is Coldice:

Anabel in w9 (as it is)

Coldice in w9

Using w9 option to export sfz+wav of Coldice (this is wav pic)

Some weird noises and sounds in the second part

Okay, that is seriously messed up....

I can fix this - but it is going to take me a long time.

dnekm wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:44 pm Okay, that is seriously messed up....

I can fix this - but it is going to take me a long time.
Yes, in Wusik Station V9 Anabel and Coldice (WusikSound) are messed up.
But in Wusik Station V8 Anabel and Coldice (WusikSND) look and sound OK.

So is the problem in the new WusikSound format?

That I do not know. I do not have the V8 soundset files.

Does anyone have a utility that will convert L and R WusikSND files to stereo?

dnekm wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:04 am That I do not know. I do not have the V8 soundset files.

Does anyone have a utility that will convert L and R WusikSND files to stereo?
Tried with Translator, which supposedly can read WusikSND files, but I only got error messages, when I tried to translate all Soundset files to SFZ.

Tried with Awave, and I managed to convert the entire Soundset to SFZ, but I couldn't merge the L and R files to stereo. For that I would have to create a new "instrument" (means creating an instrument with two layers, and copy the content of each layer into each of the two new layers.

But why would you do that? Weren't the original presets created with two layers, one for the left and another for the right, anyway? As far as I could see, all samples are mono, although there are samples for the left and for the right channels. To have a real stereo sample set we would need to extract all samples, convert L and R files into a stereo file, and then create a new sample set. It doesn't worth it, IMO.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

OK, I got a solution for this (apparently). What I did:

I used Awave, and converted the entire Analog Nights Soundset into SFZ.
I deleted the original WusikSND files.
I then used again Awave again, and converted the SFZ files back into WusikSnd files (I have three alternatives - v3, v4, and v5, so I chose v5). Some files still show spikes, but those don't play (at least I couldn't hear anything).

If someone wants to test my new files, send me your e-mail address through PM and I will send them the files through WeTransfer.
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Anyway, the problem definitely seems to reside in the new synth engine. I just played the Brush Drums of GM soundset. They play perfectly in WusikSation v7. I even opened the waves and looked at them in v7. Everything is fine. I copy the exact same set to v8 and v9. They start to show "ghost" sounds in the waveforms and play those sounds.

I can't understand what's heppening.
Fernando (FMR)

Guys, sorry for been away, taking some time out. I will fix this, fear not. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”