DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 pm You're incredibly helpful, as always! Thanks! :hug:

I'm gonna have to give Viper a go once more. For some reason it appears limited and inflexible to me - the oscillators, filter models, even the mod matrix all this looks somewhat dated. Perhaps it is meant to be that way, being inspired by Virus? Also Adam was promising a sale early next year, so maybe I'll wait for that... Thanks!
You welcome :)

Yes, Viper is a Virus replica, no more, no less. The GUI layout and the signalflow almost exactly copy the Virus Control plugin (the software editor/controller for Virus TI). You can say that it's inflexible but on the other hand it tuned to sound good. Sometimes you just don't feel like wading through endless combinations of settings and only want to twist a few knobs and have a ready to use patch. Think how many iconic sounds were made with Virus A/B which had even less features than Viper.

Overall I'd say Viper is more beginner-friendly compared to Dune (I know you are not a beginner though).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

antic604 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:24 pm
SynthRatings wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pmHere's my summary of it (from a video thay may or may not be made):
UPGRADE
- If you just want the latest synths and money is no object
- You can imagine yourself getting lots of enjoyment from editing your own wavetables
- If you loved DUNE 2 but thought it was “too clean/soft” or weak in the filter department
- If you prefer using on-board effects in synths and want the new algos and EQ

DON'T
- If you’re happy just importing wavetables then DUNE 2 can do that just fine
- If you’re upgrading just for new presets (buy soundbanks instead)
- If you rely mostly on outboard or plugin chains for your effects anyway
- If you use many DUNE instances and need to conserve CPU
That's a pretty great way to put it and I'm falling more in the 2nd category. Thanks!
One more….

UPGRADE
- If you want free updates for the next few years

(there was a lot of really good free stuff for people who bought in a V2....enjoy the V3 ride!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Also the GUI (size) alone was a biggie for me upgrading.
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:09 pm
SynthRatings wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm - If you use many DUNE instances and need to conserve CPU
Are you saying you find Dune 3 more CPU intensive than Dune 2 on the same patches?

I'm not finding that here..... :shrug:
No, I'm not saying that. If I had to guess I would say it's the second filter and perhaps some new effects that are sucking the extra juice, so if those aren't enabled then you shouldn't notice :)
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

Loving Dune 3. Worth more than the $4.99 a pound lettuce I just bought.

Just saying.

Still can't find release notes. Sure it's not a major update (probably just bug fixes) but would like to know before I install. Sometimes they break stuff.

Very Nice synth. And a very great gui synapse. I like it alot! The gui catched my eyes.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm Loving Dune 3. Worth more than the $4.99 a pound lettuce I just bought.

Just saying.

Still can't find release notes. Sure it's not a major update (probably just bug fixes) but would like to know before I install. Sometimes they break stuff.
from their forum, it fixes a Maschine bug and something else, and there are more mseg presets from what i can see

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm Loving Dune 3. Worth more than the $4.99 a pound lettuce I just bought.

Just saying.

from their forum, it fixes a Maschine bug and something else, and there are more mseg presets from what i can see
Thanks AnX.

Already been implemented since 2.0 , but the 303 filter in dune sounds fantastic .
Sequencing it from abl3 for dual acid sauce :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm Already been implemented since 2.0 , but the 303 filter in dune sounds fantastic .
Sequencing it from abl3 for dual acid sauce :tu:

indeed, and there's a couple of Dunes distortion modes i really like to give the seqs some bite

sorry wrong forum

This thing crashed on me about 10 times.

@Tek: Thanks for your patches, very good. :tu:

DocShay wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 am This thing crashed on me about 10 times.
:clap:

Chris-S wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 am @Tek: Thanks for your patches, very good. :tu:
Thank YOU for the kind words ! :hug:

DocShay wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 am This thing crashed on me about 10 times.
That doesn't really help. Dune 3 has never crashed here. But we all have different system specs.

If you're having stability issues I'm sure Synapse would love to know but you'll need to provide some information to help them investigate.

What Operating System do you use ? 32 or 64 bit ? What DAW is crashing ? What actions are needed to reproduce the crash etc. The more info you give the more help you'll be giving. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”