Audiority Echoes T7E mkII updated to v2.2.2 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echoes T7E mkII

Audiority wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:26 am
kmonkey wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:13 am Thanks. I'll wait for and update i don't want to mess with volumes after i update - again.

And thanks for a quick response. I thought i was being mad. I just spent 30 minutes and concluded sound is different between version and came here to report it but i see you are already on to it. Amazing.
I'll leave the coefficient unchanged for presets saved with 1.1 or 1.2, so if you change the volumes and save the preset it will sound the same with the future update

About Dub Saturation: set the Output volume a few ticks just above 2 and the preset should match the one in v1.0.2

Cheers,
Luca
Thanks Luca. That's great.

Output volume of what, heads or Big Volume knob next to Length of Swell?

the big one

This device is super musical! I can't get enough of it. Now i also can't stop wonder what you had in mind when you said page ago that you are adding some new stuff in it and around when you'll release it (not asking for date just approximation) ..

Cheers and happy holidays

there are some new features I'm working on to improve the similarities with the original unit and also extends it. It'll take a while, so I guess Spring 2019 is a reasonable guess.

Audiority wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm there are some new features I'm working on to improve the similarities with the original unit and also extends it. It'll take a while, so I guess Spring 2019 is a reasonable guess.
One thing you could fix in the next update: the default volume of the plugin (presets) is irritating low, I have to adjust that first almost always.

noted, although I have to find a way to not mess up live projects of who's currently using the presets as they are set.

Audiority wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm noted, although I have to find a way to not mess up live projects of who's currently using the presets as they are set.
Well, you don’t have to touch the presets, simplest to change the plugin default gain position.

ah ok, I thought you were talking about all presets. I'll do that for the next update. Anyway, you can overwrite the INIT preset and the plugin should init with your custom settings.

Super cool. Just don't mess with current settings to avoid what i reported - different volumes and behavior across versions.

Once again thank you for this wonderful plugin. I truly like it. It's like every time i run it i wonder what will come out of it, it is truly a inspiration tool for me. Good job mister.

Luca, why in Sync mode is head 1 set to 1/32, head 2 set to 1/32d, head 3 set to 1/16 and head 4 to 1/16d (correct me if have these settings wrong)? In Classic mode this corresponds to a tempo of around 75 BPM. Are these settings preferred by guitar players?

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm Here is original on sale for € 2000+ - for those who prefer hardware 8) ...really cool

https://reverb.com/p/binson-echorec-2-t7e

"Binson was an Italian manufacturer out of Milan that started in the 1950s and folded in 1982. The company made several iterations of the Echorec delay unit, which used a magnetic disk instead of the usual tape to achieve its echo sounds. Working specimens are extremely rare and highly sought after.
Years of Production: ca. 1960 - 1979"
I wonder if they'd still fetch that much cash these days were they not related so heavily to David Gilmour and Pink Floyd ...

With all these big, legendary rock bands becoming sort of a thing of the past, I wonder if the "vintage" musical instrument/gear market is going to be a vastly different landscape in the next 20 years.

Tappistry wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm Here is original on sale for € 2000+ - for those who prefer hardware 8) ...really cool

https://reverb.com/p/binson-echorec-2-t7e

"Binson was an Italian manufacturer out of Milan that started in the 1950s and folded in 1982. The company made several iterations of the Echorec delay unit, which used a magnetic disk instead of the usual tape to achieve its echo sounds. Working specimens are extremely rare and highly sought after.
Years of Production: ca. 1960 - 1979"
I wonder if they'd still fetch that much cash these days were they not related so heavily to David Gilmour and Pink Floyd ...

With all these big, legendary rock bands becoming sort of a thing of the past, I wonder if the "vintage" musical instrument/gear market is going to be a vastly different landscape in the next 20 years.
It might. Back in the early 80s when I started building up a studio, here are some typical used prices I bought things for: TB303 $50, TR606 $75, Minimoog $300, Echoplex $100, Roland Tape Eacho $500, Prophet 10 $800, Prophet 5 $500... etc. Those are just some prices I remember paying. Crazy! I think I remember seeing a Binson in a shop and not really knowing what it was and I can't recall the price but it wouldn't have been more than $100-300 likely. Where I was it was Echoplexes and Roland Tape Echos that were most common. :phones:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 pm Luca, why in Sync mode is head 1 set to 1/32, head 2 set to 1/32d, head 3 set to 1/16 and head 4 to 1/16d (correct me if have these settings wrong)? In Classic mode this corresponds to a tempo of around 75 BPM. Are these settings preferred by guitar players?
Perhaps I should have asked if these settings were preferred by guitar players in the Sixties and Seventies when the Original Binson Echorec was produced? How about the guitar players that play different styles and tempos? The sound of the Echorec is great, but will the original settings still appeal to those musicians? What if users could select their own settings in Extra Parameters and make their own combinations? With four freely adjustable heads you could make incredible delay patterns appealing to much more musicians than just those who are after the Original Echorec delay patterns.

Echoes is scheduled to get a HUGE upgrade. Stay tuned ;)

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:19 am Echoes is scheduled to get a HUGE upgrade. Stay tuned ;)

Cheers,
Luca
:tu:

Return to “Effects”