Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WilliamK wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:20 pm Guys, sorry for been away, taking some time out. I will fix this, fear not. :dog:
Glad you are back. Hope you had a good and revigorating rest :tu:

Anything you need to help to fix these problems, feel free to tell.
Fernando (FMR)

Just tried using the wusik merger (a utility that used to be able to merge L and R wusiksnd files into one stereo wusiksnd file.

It took AC Piano L and R and created an 8.45 Gb file out of them. What happened?

Better not to mess with anything related to WusikSND for the time being, and let William fix this.
Fernando (FMR)

Okay, I have restored from backups the original V7 soundset files, so I can test. I can also convert as needed. Installed demo version of Awave.

I will eventually convert the entire Wusik library to SFZ/WAV. But not when we are trying to figure something out...

And - yes - I would like to go through the entire thing and consolidate the L and R named files. It is overdue...

Ok, what happened is that during L and R separated files to a single Stereo file conversion, my code did something wrong. :dog: So now I need to convert those buggers again. Anyone have the original WusikSND files? I have a backup, but my external drive won't boot, need to replace my computer case tomorrow to make it work again. :cry: I will convert the files again but now without the stereo mistake... also, please, if anyone finds any other files or collections that has this problem, please, let me know, so I can also fix those too. :cool:

Thanks again, guys. Soon I will be in full speed again, just had some stress in my life but is all gone now. :party: Not to mention that it is THAT time of the year. People are all crazy and hocked on XMas things... :hihi:

Cheers, WilliamK

I don't think that's related with L and R files William.

As I wrote, I have the original v7 library, and converted it to SFZ and back to WusikSND, wjhich seems to have eliminated the errors. But there's another thing. A files that is playing and showing correctly in WuikStation v7, when copied to the v8 folder or the the new Shared Soundsets folder shows the same defects in WuskisSation v8 and WusikStation v9. So, I think the problem resides in the way your new engine is reading htese files (not all of them, but there are many.

You can check, for example, the Brush Drums from the GM Bank. But I will go through the entire lost maybe not tomorrow, but the next day), and will let you know more.

Anyway, I was able to still download the old library from you server, using my link to WusikSation v7 (which is kinda cool and surprising, BTW)
Fernando (FMR)

Not too long ago I backed up my V7 install into .rar files for each soundset. I can upload them a few at a time to westgatesounds.net and let you download them. I also have extra space on westgategatenecromantic.com and can let you grab some from there. Between the two servers I could probably get you the soundset within a day....

Can you also come up with a way that lets V7 user convert their own wusikSND to SFZ and merge the L/R files?

I can also provide a missing soundset - LITS Vol 3....

Thanks, much appreciated. :hug:

Wusik EVE V5 BETA 114 for Windows is there. It fixes the Analog Night problems, works on the WusikSound file formats only. I also added a piece of code to check for unused after the loop end data to cut it out, saving RAM and also space in the display. ;-)

I will check the GM Brush set.

Please, let me know if you find more sample problems like that. :hug:

I will upload WS new files soon...

Cheers, WilliamK

BETA_14_WIN_Wusik_Station_V9_Engine.zip is there too. (single stereo output version only)

It seems that my past conversions weren't good with separated stereo files that are not looped. So I will need to address this... :dog:

WilliamK wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 pm BETA_14_WIN_Wusik_Station_V9_Engine.zip is there too. (single stereo output version only)

It seems that my past conversions weren't good with separated stereo files that are not looped. So I will need to address this... :dog:
The WusikStation installer still doesn't remember the last installing location used.

EVE installer is OK (it remembers).
Fernando (FMR)

Several problems detected in Acoustic Collection (I am starting from the beginning):

Bass:
Aria Diamond Bass - Pi
Aria Diamond Bass - SlapnPull

Percussion:
Bones
Bongo Low
Castanets 1
Cowbell
Finger Snap 3
FX Perc 2
FX Perc 3
FX Perc 4
FX Perc 5
Guiro 3
Rain Stick
Samba Whistle
Steel Sounds
Stereo Bongo 1
Stereo Bongo 2
Stereo Shaker
Tambourine Stereo
Toy Tambourine
Wood Block 1

Guitar:
SAGuitar Mono (6 Strings) (No samples)
SAGuitar Poly Stop-Release (No samples)
SAGuitar Poly (No samples)
Fernando (FMR)

And how is the question of the auto-search? Now that I am browsing them one by one, I am finding lots of presets that display the error message of "Missing File"...

AND while we're at it, WusikStation produces clicks every time we change presets. This isn't very important once the preset chosen, but when we are browsing in search of the right sound, it is very annoying.

Another thing: Volume (Gain): WusikStation, like all your recent instruments, has too much gain. You seem to somehow tried to compensate this in the volumes of the presets, but since the volumes were already very unbalanced in WS v7 (presets were in need of a complete revision in what concerns gains) this change in gain led to things become worse. Loud presets sound even louder, while quieter presets sound even quieter in v9. I suggest you reduce the overall gain, for the moment. I will try to compare some presets from v7 to v9, and check what are the differences in ion volume. Then, you can maybe write some script to change those.
Fernando (FMR)

Almost finished.... One batch of files left....

Return to “Instruments”