DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I've enjoyed Dune 2 and now I am enjoying Dune 3. One suggestion-GUI changes to allow for a larger Arp section would be nice.

Yeah, there is no reason the ARP couldn't be moved to the bottom, where the effects, LFO, etc. go.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yes, much larger ARPs in the MSEGs, LFOs, FXs section, along with a good Preset Manager (tags, ratings, filtering). Allowing Midi Learn on the Next and Previous presets buttons would be perfect.

Dune 3 already has fantastic sounds. These things would make it even more exceptional.

Sounds like a v4 update :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:30 pm
perfumer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:31 pm The others work correctly, i.e. I can hear the effect when the filter balance is at center. But with the first option it gets totally lost. I don't know if that's by design, I don't think it should be. A serial chain from F1 to FX to F2 should include the FX at all times, no matter the balance. According to my limited thinking. Well, unless the balance is at full F1, of course. Maybe the Synapse guys could throw some light on this?!
Sure. The Filter Balance is always for the Filter 1/2, not the effect. Balance in mid position thus means that both filters are audible. This is very important, because you want a way to have both filters in series, and not just either F1 or F2.

The filter effect can be set to various positions. It can be processed before the two filters, after F1 or after both filters. The position of the filter effect is very important if you choose a Distortion effect, for instance.

Richard
Errrrrm, sorry, are you not paying attention? Yes, the filter effect is important if I have e.g. bitcrush going on. Very loud, very obvious, no? BUT, in Center position for the first routing option it's not there. So, this means that I cannot use the balance knob to mix between filters, because when I go toward the middle, the FX first gets faded out, and then gets totally lost. If the diagram says that the FX is BETWEEN the filters, this means that the output of F1 goes into FX - but I don't hear it when at Center, AND that the input for F2 comes from FX - but I don't hear it when at Center. So, if Center is parallel, you should be hearing both filters, WITH the FX after the first one, and the FX before the second one. OK, this doubles it, but maybe the FX also needs some type of crossfade, to keep the volume even.

Thus, the serial diagram with FX in the middle is misleading, because it doesn't do what it says it does.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Edit: And, as you say,
The Filter Balance is always for the Filter 1/2, not the effect.
So it shouldn't fade out at any time, that's how I'm reading it.

Here is a modified init patch, where this is totally obvious:
Try to use the Balance knob.

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm
4damind wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:32 pm What is the latest version, 3.0.1?
Latest version is 3.02
Unless you are on a Mac and the latest version is 3.03
No change logs?

change logs here

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... e4#p116878

AnX wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:33 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm
4damind wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:32 pm What is the latest version, 3.0.1?
Latest version is 3.02
Unless you are on a Mac and the latest version is 3.03
No change logs?

change logs here

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... e4#p116878
Thanks
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Where can I see the version (right click on the DLL still gives me 3.0.0.0).
Or was the demo not updated?

Happy with the Arps but it would be great if we get Arp1 and Arp2 as seperated sources for the mod-matrix. Otherwise using the arp to modulate parameters is a great thing (was also possible already in v2).

Chris-S wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:23 am Where can I see the version (right click on the DLL still gives me 3.0.0.0).
Or was the demo not updated?

click on logo on gui below mod matrix screen

Ah thanks so it's 3.01 Demo.

Chris-S wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:50 am Ah thanks so it's 3.01 Demo.
Apparently so

Today I've been comparing the Dune 3 demo against some of my bread and butter favourites for really simple 3OSC analogue sounds. No effects or fancy modulations. Comparing D3 to my cherished workhorses ES2 and Thor there were clear differences in fidelity at the extremities of the low and high frequencies. Am I correct in assuming these differences are mostly due to Dune's filters being internally 3x over-sampled? Or is it more to do with bandlimiting of some sort within the oscs of Thor and ES2?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 pm Today I've been comparing the Dune 3 demo against some of my bread and butter favourites for really simple 3OSC analogue sounds. No effects or fancy modulations. Comparing D3 to my cherished workhorses ES2 and Thor there were clear differences in fidelity at the extremities of the low and high frequencies. Am I correct in assuming these differences are mostly due to Dune's filters being internally 3x over-sampled? Or is it more to do with bandlimiting of some sort within the oscs of Thor and ES2?
Could be the filters and also just the OSCs. For example if you use the Dune 3 VA saw OSC it´s very different from the analog saw in the wavetable OSC.
But i agree that Dune 3 has a nice clarity and also deliver great on very high and low frequencies. I love ES2 as well but it´s more on dirty side and i guess it has a bit more aliasing as well.
But i wished Dune 3 would offer even a wider frequency. F.e. the OSC frequency goes not really as down as some others can and also there seems a limit in the high frequencies where other can go much further.

Return to “Instruments”