DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:15 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm I don't think "stomach feeling" counts.......... :shrug:
It doesn't. :) Maybe Richard will post whether there is a difference or not one day.
That's what I'm hoping for. Anything else is just speculation. Either changes have been made or not. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:32 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm I don't think "stomach feeling" counts.......... :shrug:
It doesn't. :) Maybe Richard will post whether there is a difference or not one day.
That's what I'm hoping for. Anything else is just speculation. Either changes have been made or not. :shrug:
Anything in particular preventing you from investigating yourself? ;)

cytospur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:03 pm Here's an early Christmas present from me for DUNE3 users.
Thank you Santa and I didn't even have to sit on your lap....... :hihi:

There are some very nice waves in the collection. This patch fell out of D3 almost immediately..... :D
FBAMEMPM Tek 01.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

perfumer wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 am If the diagram says that the FX is BETWEEN the filters, this means that the output of F1 goes into FX - but I don't hear it when at Center, AND that the input for F2 comes from FX - but I don't hear it when at Center. So, if Center is parallel, you should be hearing both filters, WITH the FX after the first one, and the FX before the second one. OK, this doubles it, but maybe the FX also needs some type of crossfade, to keep the volume even.

Thus, the serial diagram with FX in the middle is misleading, because it doesn't do what it says it does.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!
You're right. There was another user who expected a 3-way blend between F1,FX,F2 for some reason, I thought this is what you meant- should have read more closely.

Looking into this right now :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm
Anything preventing you from reading ? :wink:
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm
EDIT: Ok I'm trying the D2 and D3 INIT Patches side by side and I'm not hearing any difference. Granted the speakers on this system are pretty poor but even if they are not catching some subtle difference those differences would be so trivial as to not even be an issue.

I'll have to reinstall D2 on my studio computer to check there but I don't think the results would be any different.

All I know is all my old D2 patches sound just fine in D3 and many of them use the VA Osc...... :shrug:
In all fairness it was an Edit so maybe you missed it.......

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:40 pm
Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:34 pm
Anything preventing you from reading ? :wink:
Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:39 pm
EDIT: Ok I'm trying the D2 and D3 INIT Patches side by side and I'm not hearing any difference. Granted the speakers on this system are pretty poor but even if they are not catching some subtle difference those differences would be so trivial as to not even be an issue.

I'll have to reinstall D2 on my studio computer to check there but I don't think the results would be any different.

All I know is all my old D2 patches sound just fine in D3 and many of them use the VA Osc...... :shrug:
In all fairness it was an Edit so maybe you missed it.......
I have read your post before the edit.

Instead of questioning my reading abilities, observe some common courtesy: put the new info in a new message if you want it to be read (I'm not following your posts around KVR). ;)

And trying to find differences on a "crappy" pair of speakers isn't really the best idea, is it? ;)

Even on crappy speakers, they sound a bit different to me. :D

Anyway, i'll leave it at that. Maybe Richards wants to comment on it, maybe not.

Nevermind, comparing the two again, the differences more or less feels like a placebo to me. Can't really hear a difference.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:39 pm
cytospur wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:03 pm Here's an early Christmas present from me for DUNE3 users.
Thank you Santa and I didn't even have to sit on your lap....... :hihi:

There are some very nice waves in the collection. This patch fell out of D3 almost immediately..... :D

FBAMEMPM Tek 01.zip
:tu:
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Edit in response to the Edit above....... :lol:
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:08 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:00 pm the only diff to the VA osc is the addition of the "swarm mode"
Not true. Run the lowest octaves through an oscilloscope. See what happens. :wink:

ok, let me rephrase that.... its the only difference the beta team and public have been informed of.

i could check when i get home, but ive got more interesting things to do :wink:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 pm Edit in response to the Edit above....... :lol:
Gave it another try, and they sound identical to me. My ears obviously work differently from day to day. :)

Teksonik wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:06 pm Edit in response to the Edit above....... :lol:
I didn't mention anything about unison; chk did.

Alrighty then I'm going into the studio and enjoy some more time with D3. When I came out yesterday it was already dark. Patches are falling out of it and D3 is such a joy to play......... :wheee:

Return to “Instruments”