UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Whatever. Jamstix is not a controller, and arps, step sequencers and drum machines are rather the norm than the exception in AU land. I have dozens of Kontakt instruments with these features, and stacking/layering sounds is not niche. But it’s great to hear that your experience is brilliant.

Time to move on.

Now back to Falcon...

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm BTW. Not only AU is limited in the Midi out department, VST3 also has severe limitations there. Notes work, but modulations don't. :dog:
How is it that at the end of 2018 we find ourselves in this position? AU is Mac only, so is AU3, which is better but has no take up on the desktop. VST2 has been obsoleted by Steinberg and no new licences for its use will be issued to devs. I know little about VST3 as an Ableton user but I never knew that modulations don't work til just now. I ask again (to nobody in particular) .... how can we be in such a mess?

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:58 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm I personally would love to have a midi out option, since the internal scripting of falcon is really good.

Look what HomeGrownSounds is able to do with Kontakt.
It was answered before, Falcon’s midi events go beyond the official midi standard, so a midi out will actually reduce it’s abilities to do what it can do internally. Also, is not designed to be an external sequencer.

HGS is interesting for experimenting. 1000 views on youtube on their Sequencer collection shows again how niche this approach is.
Every DAW can do more than the midi standard internally, that is not an argument against having a midi out. Of course you can't put everything into Midi that Falcon does internally, but I don't see that as a problem - it certainly doesn't stop other plugins, from Kontakt to JamOrigins Midi Guitar/Bass, from Sequencers and Arpeggiators to all kinds of Midi Manglers...

I have no idea why you are as opposed to having a midi out as you are - I personally use a ton of midi generating and altering plugins and Bitwig thankfully is very capable in that regard itself.
If Falcon had a Midi out I would use it more often. :shrug:
As it is and with the slow loading of libraries and the tacked on MPE script etc., I use it relatively rarely. :shrug:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I don’t consider it vital because at the end of the day you have to disconnect everything. Everything connected to a single seq sounds boring. Fills and variations are harder to do when everything is under one command. It’s nice to experiment as I’ve said but when it really comes to deliver, every end of 4 bars must be different. Machine gunning with a sequencer over other instruments is hardly a solution to interesting variations.

Wow, you are really set in your ways, aren't you?
Well, whatever you perceive as your truth is your truth.

For everybody else, I'd still like to have a midi out in Falcon... :-)

Is it "vital"?
No.
Is Falcon "vital"?
No.

Thankfully other vendors come to other conclusions...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

+1
I also would love to have a midi out in Falcon.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:05 pm Wow, you are really set in your ways, aren't you?
Well, whatever you perceive as your truth is your truth.

For everybody else, I'd still like to have a midi out in Falcon... :-)

Is it "vital"?
No.
Is Falcon "vital"?
No.

Thankfully other vendors come to other conclusions...

Cheers,

Tom
He uses Logic, Logic cannot do MIDI out, it's limitations MIDI wise are probably the number one reason AUi's cannot do MIDI out. Therefore it's a useless niche feature to him, meanwhile Logic gets other "niche" features, VCA faders, Articulation Editor etc. etc. It's a dog with it's tail cut off mentality. :hihi:

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm He uses Logic, Logic cannot do MIDI out, it's limitations MIDI wise are probably the number one reason AUi's cannot do MIDI out. Therefore it's a useless niche feature to him, meanwhile Logic gets other "niche" features, VCA faders, Articulation Editor etc. etc. It's a dog with it's tail cut off mentality. :hihi:
Ah, I see - an advanced case of Stockholm Syndrome ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: there’s one request (from what I remember) for midi out in 300+ pages of this thread and suddenly all the knights in shining armor are all over this :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:36 pm
machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm He uses Logic, Logic cannot do MIDI out, it's limitations MIDI wise are probably the number one reason AUi's cannot do MIDI out. Therefore it's a useless niche feature to him, meanwhile Logic gets other "niche" features, VCA faders, Articulation Editor etc. etc. It's a dog with it's tail cut off mentality. :hihi:
Says the one who accepts missing features, denies their usefullness and defends his captor. :lol:

For the record I own Logic, DP9, Live, and Reaper. A confirmed DAW slut, and Logic gets the least amount of use of the four, by a long shot. Not because it's a bad DAW, but because the others excel in areas Logic does not. Someone mentioned Logic's once superior MIDI that is now antiquated, that sums it up nicely.

sircuit wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: there’s one request (from what I remember) for midi out in 300+ pages of this thread and suddenly all the knights in shining armor are all over this :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mostly you're attracting attention by being childish. You literally claimed the feature was not a popular request or really useful, when confronted with multiple people who like the idea and explain it's uses, you get rude etc. Notice not a soul has come to your defense? I would say you're trolling, but I think it's more you cannot admit you're wrong about something, or that you're ideas are not shared by everyone, i.e. you're acting like a child.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm
As it is and with the slow loading of libraries and the tacked on MPE script etc., I use it relatively rarely. :shrug:

Cheers,

Tom
agree on the slowness - fantastic environment for synthesis but they should improve the performance and allow midi out.
what you don't know only makes you stronger

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Says the one who accepts missing features, denies their usefullness and defends his captor. :lol:

For the record I own Logic, DP9, Live, and Reaper. A confirmed DAW slut, and Logic gets the least amount of use of the four, by a long shot. Not because it's a bad DAW, but because the others excel in areas Logic does not. Someone mentioned Logic's once superior MIDI that is now antiquated, that sums it up nicely.
Realized I replied to you as if you were sircuit. oops! :clown: :lol:

ThomasHelzle wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm As it is and with the slow loading of libraries and the tacked on MPE script etc., I use it relatively rarely. :shrug:
I actually like the MPE script. room for improvement of course, but it was a big reason I got back into Falcon. The only MPE native synth I own is Cypher 2 though, Seaboard Block comes with a useless stripped down Equator.

Return to “Instruments”