2018 - Best Developer - Seaweed Audio and Fathom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I'm just starting this thread to share my great appreciation about what Everett - Owner and Mastermind of Sewead Audio - did with Fathom. I thought about what impressed me in 2018 most in terms of new plugins. And I think it was a close race but it is Fathom. :clap:
Not only is Fathom a great piece of Software, it's Everetts responsivness to bug reports and feature requests, his appreciation of community input and he quality of the final product that makes the great package...I really had a hard time keeping up his pace of releaes as a user...still checking out some recently added new features.
I enjoyed and still enjoy working with fathom. If you think the same, just drop Everett a note of appreciation and probably treat yourself with the great value for the little money synth.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/home

Not saying with this post, that other devs/companies are less good. I enjoy Rapid/Avenger/Icarus as well. But that's just my personal resume for 2018 in terms of Synth...So please, I would suggest not getting the tar and feathers out, but politely share your thoughts if you don't think the same.

] Peter:H [

The effort and energy has definitely been quite impressive. The developer listens to suggestions but keeps his vision intact. Great product.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I agree, I have enjoyed (and learned from) all the posts about Fathom which I bought it and it is definitely a 'passion' project' that deserves to do very well.

(although personably I would give 2018 Dev of the Year to the guy who developed VCV Rack!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:36 am (although personably I would give 2018 Dev of the Year to the guy who developed VCV Rack!)
That's a good choice as well! :tu: That's why I've said it's my personal resume of 2018...I have to admit, that I haven't checked out VCV.

I've really been appreciating just how wonderful the sound is.

I am all with this, though I did not take enough time to dig deeper into Fathom yet. This is such an inspiring project...
I would love to see Everett to put up a Patreon page and as I do it already for Ardour, I'd send a small monthly amount, just to express my high respect for his work...

Well deserved!

I've shared some of my appreciation, comments and ideas in his Fathom synth Instrument thread.
viewtopic.php?t=482501

Don't be fooled by the ever(ett)changing threadname (terrible word joke). It's a general purpose thread.

I admit I know nothing about this synth. Just checked out the site and read up on features, and fyi there is a major sale going on right now for this. Once I'm out of a boring-ass "work" meeting I'm in (you know the kind, people yakking about everything that has nothing to do with you) I'll give this a listen. I wasn't expecting the price to be that low, and I have some left-over paypal funds :)

Edit: I guess from that long thread I've just started that this is intended to be an EDM synth? I don't do EDM, but that has never stopped me before from "mis-using" musical gear LOL! In my 70s/80s cover band I used to use a Virus kb, that thing was AWESOME for making any kind of analog-type sound I needed.

Stokely wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Edit: I guess from that long thread I've just started that this is intended to be an EDM synth? I don't do EDM, but that has never stopped me before from "mis-using" musical gear LOL! In my 70s/80s cover band I used to use a Virus kb, that thing was AWESOME for making any kind of analog-type sound I needed.
I don't know what an EDM synth is. I've never seen one. However, there may be patches in this or any other synth that will work with EDM.

But Fathom is a very cool synth indeed, that sounds great. It is whatever you want to make of it. You can make any sort of sound you want with this thing.

And for the money, you will never find anything better, or a developer that listens this well. :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

i have been very happy with the development of Fathom in 2018!
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:09 pm I am all with this, though I did not take enough time to dig deeper into Fathom yet. This is such an inspiring project...
I would love to see Everett to put up a Patreon page and as I do it already for Ardour, I'd send a small monthly amount, just to express my high respect for his work...
One option you could use for the moment is to buy some update vouchers once in a while.

Stokely wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:30 pm
Edit: I guess from that long thread I've just started that this is intended to be an EDM synth?
I sincerely doubt it, whatever that is anyway.

Responsive developers like that who implement features left and right from customers are a dream come, can only think of one other dev like this, dmitry sches :) Keep it going Seaweed!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 pm Responsive developers like that who implement features left and right from customers are a dream come, can only think of one other dev like this, dmitry sches :) Keep it going Seaweed!
What if Dmitry and Everett made a synth together :love:

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:54 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 pm Responsive developers like that who implement features left and right from customers are a dream come, can only think of one other dev like this, dmitry sches :) Keep it going Seaweed!
What if Dmitry and Everett made a synth together :love:
It could be a killer synth. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”