Best synth filters?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey i was wondering which vst synths you(own,think to buy or just have tried) consider to have 'best' filters and why?
Some of mine with no hesitation:
1.Synthmaster - first and for now only vst synth i own which produce sound like expensive hardware synth,literally thousands of modulations,true monster.
2.Dune 3 - absolutely astonishing filters,probably some of the best on the vst market today,very unique modern and capable of any kind of sound synth.
3.Sylenth1 - classic va(virtual analog)synth which combine best from both worlds,nice digital recreation of fine analogish sound.
4.Spire - filters are really good and the synth is like Sylenth1 replacement for modern producers with more options,but i always find reverb a bit plastic to my taste,that's why prefer Sylenth1.
5.Serum - probably the highest sound resolution of vst synth ever,no doubt, but filters could be a bit more 'warm'.

dune/legend

albino

the rest do nothing for me

Monark - Hands down best filter i heard in software so far.
U-he synths - really all of them sport nice analog modelled filters.
Dune 3 - the new filters really add a lot to the synth, and it's definitely the fully featured synth with the best filters, while being surprisingly low on CPU.

I also enjoy very much some more digital filters, like the ones in Spire, Largo, or the ones in Icarus e.g.

1. P900 (by a country mile)
2. Model D (iOS app)
3. Dagger
4. Repro
5. Dune 3,
6. Alchemy, Zebra, Zeeon, DRC, Monark, The Legend etc....whatever....
But it‘s mostly the sum of the filter section, the envelopes and how all react to saturation, nuances playing velocity and aftertouch etc.

And another Velltone market polling thread..
The next Velltone product better be good!
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

VellTone Filters-
these r not modelled filters

tey r the filters they modelled from

I hear they are very musical!

Thanks for compliment,it's really amusing if you think i'm kind of commercial monster hahahah cuz i'm just enthusiast like the rest of us here and like to discuss any opinion and topic about vst synths,sorry if that bother somebody,if we was on a cafe shop i'd talk about same stuff:)I don't know i may look as sales freak but i'm actually poor guy dealing with sound design mainly to improve his skills and eventually to create some interesting stuff - all small amount of money i make go to other music developers...would be really nice if i was able to create VELLTONE Filter,it's super idea if i start imagine it will be silky smooth filter - it will gives nice warm 'color' of the sound but still with it's own temper,it would have extra options to change behavior with modulators ...lot could be created if the imagination is only necessary :):):)Cheerz :)

I agree with you Sylenth 1 and Spire. Probably the best out there.

I like
U He Podolsky
Waldorf PPG 2v
Tal u no lx
Tal basline 101
Arturia Mini v3
Waves Element
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

BertKoor wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:56 am And another Velltone market polling thread..
The next Velltone product better be good!

"lighten up Francis"

Isnt that what KVR is all about? Creating, talking about and buying STUFF. Velltone is keeping the brand name on the eyes and lips while posting threads we all like to comment on about STUFF. Not just post and run, but general discussion and follow through to the end.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

5.Serum - probably the highest sound resolution of vst synth ever,no doubt, but filters could be a bit more 'warm'.
Eh, I mean the hi-res thing is 'technically' arguable. It does sound super-clean when you're not modulating the wavetable position. But modulating the wavetable position is kind of the point of wavetable synthesis. Still an all-time fave though.

the TAL synths have some of the best I've heard -- Bassline 101, U-No-LX and MOD. Three different characters and all of them really striking and dare I say 'analog' sounding.

The other filters that have really impressed me are the ones in Ableton's Operator, Wavetable and Simpler -- they all use a bunch of Cytomic models from The Drop, and they sound absolutely fantastic.

I'm not particular excited by wavetable synthesis, but I'm using Ableton's wavetable more and more now just so I have a full-scale (non-FM) synth with those fantastic filters.

-M

Most recent synths have decent filters, even older filters weren't that bad. It's just that analog aficionados are fussy about getting 99% close to emulating the real thing. So that would be Repro and The Legend as the best filters. Others would be D16 Group LuSH-101, u-he ACE, u-he Diva, Native Instruments Monark, and GForce Oddity2.

However, if you really love analog, then go for hardware, as it's getting ridiculously cheap nowadays. For example, the Behringer Model D is going for about £250.
<List your stupid gear here>

I can recommend checking out Discovery / Discovery Pro and Corona synth filters. They are remarkable.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm Hey i was wondering which vst synths you(own,think to buy or just have tried) consider to have 'best' filters and why?
Some of mine with no hesitation:
1.Synthmaster - first and for now only vst synth i own which produce sound like expensive hardware synth,literally thousands of modulations,true monster.
2.Dune 3 - absolutely astonishing filters,probably some of the best on the vst market today,very unique modern and capable of any kind of sound synth.
3.Sylenth1 - classic va(virtual analog)synth which combine best from both worlds,nice digital recreation of fine analogish sound.
4.Spire - filters are really good and the synth is like Sylenth1 replacement for modern producers with more options,but i always find reverb a bit plastic to my taste,that's why prefer Sylenth1.
Serum - Pristine but uninspiring and un-characterful
Spire - Digitally attractive
Lush101 - Surprisingly accurate
Repro5 - How it should be done
Strobe - How it should be done (when it was first released)
Parawave Rapid - Digitally attractive
Synth1 - Edgy
Sylenth1 - Uniquely characterful, often silky.
Sample Packs, Synth Presets, VST plugins, Effects and Synth VSTs all available at https://www.sound7.co.uk

The best synth filter was generated already by around 1977 by ircam on a cray-1. the supercomputer platform worked so well that it took engineers decades to even comprehend how these things worked. the zero delay filter is one such case. here's an example of what was happening the year ircam opened for business ntrs.nasa dot gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19770027056.pdf

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”