Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ? ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Logic Pro 11 will be releasing later this year ?, are we expecting any major upgrades 10.5 ?
Last edited by eserkaraca on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where's the in info in Logic 11?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

iDoubt 11 will come out anytime soon, 10.5, most probably.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I'd really hope Apple addresses longstanding fundamental issues like automation/PDC, stability of 3rd party AU plugins (Apple invented the AU format, FFS!), and counter-intuitive Solo behavior before charging for updates.

Winstontaneous wrote:I'd really hope Apple addresses longstanding fundamental issues like automation/PDC, stability of 3rd party AU plugins (Apple invented the AU format, FFS!), and counter-intuitive Solo behavior before charging for updates.
At the rate Apple is going (no guarantee) it will be some years before V11. Each year has been a dot upgrade. 10.2, 10.2, 10.3 etc. If it continues in that way, it will be 5 more years of major upgrades for free.

LP 11 minimum requirement will be 5000 $ mac pro :D
1000 $ for the mac and 4000 $ for the shareholders.

So funny. :clap:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

dupont wrote:LP 11 minimum requirement will be 5000 $ mac pro :D
It's worked out great for me as an Apple shareholder :lol:

we will see what we will see one month later :D :D :D

It will be iOS only......
They also better work on bug fixes. The latest Logic is the most unstable i ever had. Some plug-ins succeed to kill the whole audio engine since the last update until i force Logic to close, doh´.
I guess a new 5000 dollar macbook pro will solve the bugs :D

Looking at the past few years, it seems pretty reasonable to expect Logic's next major update to be released at the beginning of the next NAMM show. That's January 23rd, 2019.

I do still believe they will upgrade all legacy effect and instrument GUIs before charging for an upgrade.

Not that it would be unreasonable to charge after five years, but the dramatic change in style they introduced with version 10 just seems incomplete for now and they did rework quite a lot of the GUIs alteady in free updates over the years.

It just feels like they really want to close the legacy chapter before moving on. The incredibly long release notes point in that same direction - clean up legacy issues and move forward.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

dupont wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:28 am LP 11 minimum requirement will be 5000 $ mac pro :D
Great post

Cinebient wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm It will be iOS only......
They also better work on bug fixes. The latest Logic is the most unstable i ever had. Some plug-ins succeed to kill the whole audio engine since the last update until i force Logic to close, doh´.
I guess a new 5000 dollar macbook pro will solve the bugs :D
Curious which one? Had never been more stable since v9 with everything I tried with, besides UBK-1 and a few odd old stuff from Plugin Alliance.

Why it matters?
Every dot release is like a major (and payed) update to other companies.

Logic introduced in 10.4 Smart Tempo, ChromaVerb, StepFX, PhatFX, Vintage EQs, Studio Strings, Studio Horns, 2 new Drummers, Articulations, 800 new loops and 18 filters in Retro Synth.

What more would you expect in 11? :?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”