FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3082 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:13 am

Re: External sidechaining - it they do it, I hope they make it so you can route directly from one Pro-Q 3 instance to another. Given that Pro-Q 3 has already implemented different plugin instances talking to each other and sharing spectrums, it looks like the framework is set for it to happen.

Sidechaining is still a pain in the butt in FL Studio with having to "sidechain to this track" from the source to the intended ducking channel and then menu divingin the plugin 'wrapper' settings to set the input etc - even with dedicated plugins like TrackSpacer you still need to do this. It's clunky and seems old fashioned now.

TheSynthScientist
KVRist
158 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 am

Fleer wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 pm
Gotta get in to get out.

The carpet crawlers heed their callers.....

Kinh
KVRian
1213 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 am

waste of bloody money!

User avatar
risome
KVRAF
2006 posts since 30 Oct, 2006 from Australia, NSW

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:53 am

Kinh wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 am
waste of bloody money!
I would like to listen to your reasoning for making that statement.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for ACE,PREDATOR,SYNPLANT,SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and Ableton LIVE Packs
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

User avatar
hivkorn
KVRAF
2953 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:02 am

Kinh wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:39 am
waste of bloody money!
please explain , i really want to know your point of view

Armadillo
KVRAF
2042 posts since 31 Dec, 2002 from London, UK

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:42 am

e@rs wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:47 am
FabFilter told me yesterday that the external sidechain for Pro-Q 3 is coming for sure in an update.

Unfortunately not by the end of this year.
In an email?
Cause the only response I could find on their forum was 'We hear you' which is really not very specific.

User avatar
Harry_HH
KVRAF
3451 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:05 am

I think that the upgrade to Pro-Q 3 is great - even without the dynamic Eq.
One of the best UI in the market is even better now. Reasonable priced for the loyal customers.

Magnut
KVRist
56 posts since 14 Mar, 2017

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 am

Just read in their forum and it's unbelievable how many butthurt dudes, which never tried update but heard it is lacking dyn eq sc, cry there in a disrespectful way. Is the plexus there the one that writes here too?

User avatar
XComposer
KVRist
271 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:13 am

I'm testing the demo: excellent quality; very, very good Match EQ; the "Spectrum Grab" functionality finds the worst instrumental resonating frequencies and it does it very quickly (though, in my test, this worked better on an instrument than on a voice – I still prefer another software for removing harsh resonances in my "bad" voice sample here). Collisions between tracks are clearly visible. Brickwall EQ is very good. Sure, Pro Q 3 could probably be replaced by a bunch of different softwares, each one for a different task, but the workflow is also really good with it. Maybe too expensive, yes, but surely a useful tool. I'm still evaluating if I need it, but, well, it's really good, no doubt for me here. Seriously considerating it now.
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.11, Logic Pro X

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
2931 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 am

Magnut wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:11 am
Just read in their forum and it's unbelievable how many butthurt dudes, which never tried update but heard it is lacking dyn eq sc, cry there in a disrespectful way. Is the plexus there the one that writes here too?
Yes. If you have issues with me, please address them to me in PM. Otherwise I've stated my case and will leave it at that. :phones:

PieBerger
KVRist
244 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
Always Read the Manual!

frizzbee
KVRist
225 posts since 11 Jan, 2015

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:31 pm

PieBerger wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
you see, people (not many of the ones that complain) bought the plugin, so they clearly bought the dev with it and have control over them :D :D :D

jokes aside, +1 for your post.

MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
3082 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Who's feeling entitled and ripped off? This EQ is superb; even if they don't implement proper sidechaining it's worth the upgrade.

People having long wishlists of feature requests always happens with any high profile plugin release. Taking onboard customer feedback is how they evolve their plugins - just like people (probably whiny snowflakes, according to you) begged for dynamics in Pro-Q2 and now here it is.

Live and let live.

Kinh
KVRian
1213 posts since 26 Aug, 2012

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 pm

PieBerger wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
Adult = takes into account many sides of argument
child = only sees what it wants
Practice what you preach.

Being short changed for not having the features you require isn't childish. People pay a lot of money for these products, they're not cheap. I'm sorry that's so confusing for you.

soma1985
KVRer
13 posts since 12 May, 2016

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3

Post Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 pm

PieBerger wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Yeah I feel bad for FF, having to bear the brunt of their customers failing to read/demo and behave like reasonable adults. Per band external SC was never advertised, never promised and it was not possible to pre-order, yet some people feel like they have been robbed/deceived/short changed somehow. I don't recall anyone getting angry when Pro-C 2 was released and it didn't have any expansion algos, even though Pro-MB had them and why shouldn't there be crossover, FF are just being greedy etc.

Dynamic EQ has been the most requested new plugin/enhancement in the FF forum for years and they delivered on it. There's no reason to assume that with rational and professional feedback from users, that external per band SC would not come as an update in the future.

Instead FF now has to bend to the will of entitled children, who couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins to check that the most crucial feature for their workflow was included. This feature was not included in the release video, nor the usual DW features video that followed, nor in any written promotional literature so surely as a professional musician, you do the sensible, professional thing and demo the plugin/read the manual before parting with your money. What you certainly don't do is take to a public forum and start blaming the developer for your own failings. You did stupid, that's your own fault, take responsibility like an adult.
There have been some entitled forums posts (as is common these days for any product forum)

But also some other posts from people who really want SC in an dynamic eq for their own purposes.

I’m one of the latter. Love Pro-Q 2, and don’t 100% need all of the Pro-Q 3 features, but SC in the dynamic eq would definitely push me over the edge to upgrade, could find so much use for it and would love to simplify my work flow.

Return to “Effects”