What did you buy in 2018?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 pm All this talk about spam and pigmeats is making me hungry.
same thing.
sort of.

Thanks vurt, yeah no worries, I will definitely explore it well before buying anything else. That was the point of getting the Cartesian rather than the shared system. I figured that was a little too much right off the bat.

I’ll check out your post definitely :)

I got my Roli Seaboard block. It's faulty (at two keys) and I have to return it but it would be a great device so far. It's a new playing and surface feeling. I hope the next device is ok.

nm
Last edited by Harry_HH on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

What did I buy in 2018?

NOTHING!

GAS isn't the boss of me. :lol:

Novation Peak
B&W 705 speakers for it.

No hardware and mostly updates.
  • Cypher2 Update
  • Cubase 10 Update
  • Arturia V-Collection 6 Update
  • Polyverse Gatekeeper
  • ReplikaXT Update

I made the switch to Studio One. Also bought Melodyne Assistant and FabFilter Pro-Q 3. Some random studio equipment too.

Not too much this 2018:

- Røde NT-1 mic kit
- Beyerdynamic DT-1990 Pro headphones
- JBL Professional active studio monitors with waveguide technology
- Korg NS5R module
- Korg 01W/R module
- Korg PA300 keyboard (for sketching quick ideas)
- Several studio acoustic treatment materials (acoustic tiles, bass traps, monitor pads, etc.)
- Various studio accessories (cables, connectors, stands, a AD optical interface, etc.)

And I think that that was all kit I bought so far this year.

Couple of decent low-mid priced mics - Ride NT1A and Sontronics STC-1. The latter sounds great with acoustic guitars - the little Behringer one was fine for the money, but the STC-1 brings out a whole new level of detail.

Needed a better electric 12 string to replace the Gear4music Shitenbacker so got one of these from Revelation (small British company). Spot on, and sexy looking;
revelation12.JPG
Also bought a hollow body J Turser guitar from a mate. Rather nice, used it a few times on songs, also looks f**king cool, very good with the ebow, resonates like a bastard;
jt139.JPG
Also bought a little Fender modelling amp for monitoring when recording electric DI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:31 pm Couple of decent low-mid priced mics - Ride NT1A and Sontronics STC-1. The latter sounds great with acoustic guitars - the little Behringer one was fine for the money, but the STC-1 brings out a whole new level of detail.

Needed a better electric 12 string to replace the Gear4music Shitenbacker so got one of these from Revelation (small British company). Spot on, and sexy looking;

revelation12.JPG

Also bought a hollow body J Turser guitar from a mate. Rather nice, used it a few times on songs, also looks f**king cool, very good with the ebow, resonates like a bastard;

jt139.JPG

Also bought a little Fender modelling amp for monitoring when recording electric DI.
How's that 12'er working out? I asked for a price quote from the shop that, I think, you recommended, got it...€307 shipping to Germany. Thought about it, went to find their website again, and the shop was in receivership! That must suck.
Anyways, I sent my Gretsch back because of tuning stability issues. I am getting a replacement (in black) probably tomorrow. If it is less problematic, I'll give it over to my luthier friend, who will make it absolutely perfect.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

On the 31st, I got deliveries of a Klavis Twinwave, a Klavis Mixwitch, and a Launchpad Pro. Im not going to buy anything else in 2018.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

In 2018 I got a Native Instruments S61. I love it, best keyboard I ever bought.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:15 pm
Anyways, I sent my Gretsch back because of tuning stability issues. I am getting a replacement (in black) probably tomorrow. If it is less problematic, I'll give it over to my luthier friend, who will make it absolutely perfect.
Yes.. I've heard that black keeps better tuning..
Hope it works out for you. :wink:

:D Snarky...

It's just that the walnut finish mdel is getting scarce around here. I'd prefer the walnut finish, but I also want to do business with shops I'm familiar with, and who are hassle-free when it comes to refunds.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”