FL Edison for Mac? Anything else like it?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m used to the super quick workflow of using Edison to sample audio (YouTube, etc) and drag and drop to Cubase (Win).

Now I need the same for Mac. Is there a stand-alone that can do what Edison does? The major feature is the ability to record and drag and drop directly to daw.

Closest I've found is Melda recorder but it's miles behind functionally.

you could try this out:

https://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/

works great!

Nah they won't cut it.

Need the following:
- Ability to record in app
- Waveform display, with option to trim, cut audio, remove silence
- drag and drop selection to DAW (this is the killer feature of Edison)
- add markers, and export all markers to audio bits (slicing and exporting audio).

God I wish Edison standalone existed for the Mac. It works wonderfully on Windows.

Maybe a bit overkill, but Maschine Software can do this...

Yes.. nothing else lighter ?

keyman_sam wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 am God I wish Edison standalone existed for the Mac. It works wonderfully on Windows.
Yes - there is the alpha but it barely works

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm
keyman_sam wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 am God I wish Edison standalone existed for the Mac. It works wonderfully on Windows.
Wow. I didn't even know it was coming for Mac. Very cool news!

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

keyman_sam wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:55 am Nah they won't cut it.

Need the following:
- Ability to record in app
- Waveform display, with option to trim, cut audio, remove silence
- drag and drop selection to DAW (this is the killer feature of Edison)
- add markers, and export all markers to audio bits (slicing and exporting audio).

God I wish Edison standalone existed for the Mac. It works wonderfully on Windows.
DSP Quattro is a two track editor with audio recording and Audio Unit hosting capabilities. The only thing I'm not sure if it can do quickly you listed is cut up a piece of audio by marker, though it does have markers... I just never use them.

The other choice I would recommend, Audio Finder doesn't record audio from the outside world, but it splits audio up, and processes audio with plug ins etc. Both can drag audio to a DAW or your desktop deepening on what DAW it is etc.

DrGonzo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:01 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 pm
Wow. I didn't even know it was coming for Mac. Very cool news!

/C
I don't know about that, they released the alpha years ago and it's been stuck there ever since. One day maybe but they don't seem to see be doing much at the moment.

Any update on this?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”