Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

JD-990 would be the crown jewel, not 800 :)

Waiting for 990 with vintage board and Juno 60. My all time favorites

andypryce wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am Waiting for 990 with vintage board and Juno 60. My all time favorites
Juno 60 done right has already been available for 8 years
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-u-no-lx
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yes I use it :)

andypryce wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am Waiting for 990 with vintage board and Juno 60. My all time favorites
I can replicate basically everything I could do with my Juno-60 (yes, I have one) with the Roland Cloud Juno-106 (and also with the TAL U-NO-LX). There are other things much more interesting in the Roland back catalog, IMO.
Last edited by fmr on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am JD-990 would be the crown jewel, not 800 :)
I hope they follow the same path they did with the JV-1080 if/when they come up with the JD-800 (which would mean include all the things that the JD-990 could do that the JD-800 couldn't)
Fernando (FMR)

Meanwhile you can either use 'Anthology 1993' if you want to play with JDs presets. The JV-1080 and/or the SRX Keyboards plugins if you want to create patches with the original waveforms because it contains JDs and Vintage Boards ones.

Juno 60 ? Is the Juno 106 emulation not enough ?

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:25 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am JD-990 would be the crown jewel, not 800 :)
I hope they follow the same path they did with the JV-1080 if/when they come up with the JD-800 (which would mean include all the things that the JD-990 could do that the JD-800 couldn't)
Me too!! what I'm hoping for is a GUI that looks like the JD800, but you can click on an "Edit" tab that pops open the JD990 gui (which will likely be the same one used for the JV1080 and SRX Orchestra/Keyboards except it's in green :lol:) for deeper editing and using the advanced 990 features.

JD-990 would be nice, but we already have JV-1080 with all expansion that would cover it and yet we still don’t have 303... WHY?!

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 pm JD-990 would be nice, but we already have JV-1080 with all expansion that would cover it and yet we still don’t have 303... WHY?!
Perhaps it's a tougher one to model. Probably more difficult than the digital synths anyways. Anyways, I'd bet we'll see it this year. With the 808 and 909 out, the 303 can't be too far behind.

Don't care about a Juno-60 as the TAL one is great. Although I do like how Roland add an extra envelope to their oldies like the SH 101 and the Juno 106. Very useful.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 pm JD-990 would be nice, but we already have JV-1080 with all expansion that would cover it and yet we still don’t have 303... WHY?!
The JD990 has a very different, much better imo, character from the JV1080

I just went for Mojave and I'm getting some gui issues with Roland Cloud (AU) and Studio One v4. The gui is a bit laggy, but really annoying thing is that the tooltip (?) values for knobs and sliders stick to the screen and don't disappear even when I close the project. I can even see them now while writing this on Safari as I have S1 still open on the background.

Anyone else get this?

Had a reply from (amazingly responsive) Roland Cloud support and the above is a known issue. They still test with Studio One v3 tho, but I got the impression it will be looked at at some point.

raymondwave wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 pm Had a reply from (amazingly responsive) Roland Cloud support and the above is a known issue. They still test with Studio One v3 tho, but I got the impression it will be looked at at some point.
I'll give them credit, on the few occasions I reached out with either issues or suggestions, they got back very quickly with detailed responses. So kudos to the Roland Cloud team (assuming Virtualsonics) for the excellent support. I mean, yeah, I give them money each month, but it's nice to know it results in actual responsive support.

TB-303 and RE-201. Come on Roland.

Return to “Instruments”