Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 am man, this platform is growing quickly. Really nice to see. by far the most fun modular environment. I have now used them all. For me it wasn't even close.
Growing quickly and going to require tons of discipline unless you're loaded.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:26 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 am man, this platform is growing quickly. Really nice to see. by far the most fun modular environment. I have now used them all. For me it wasn't even close.
I am going to wait for deeper discount sales. I don't get GAS very often these days - low sales prices are the best way to get me interested, otherwise i can wait or do with out :phones:

And thank you Cherry for expanding the package! It really helps people like me who have to pay to make music for everyone. :ud:
Last edited by plexuss on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan, thank you very much. You guess the desire of users.

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 am
We've got some REALLY exciting new modules and new features in the works, and they will be coming to you in the next few weeks. And I want to let you know, as always, that we're listening, and we're paying attention to your feature suggestions.
:tu:
Feature request: a (Mutable Instruments) Clouds module, free for Core users.
The source code is open source if I'm not mistaken so most of the coding should already be done.

Stefken wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 am
cherryDan wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 am
We've got some REALLY exciting new modules and new features in the works, and they will be coming to you in the next few weeks. And I want to let you know, as always, that we're listening, and we're paying attention to your feature suggestions.
Feature request: a (Mutable Instruments) Clouds module, free for Core users.
The source code is open source if I'm not mistaken so most of the coding should already be done.
I was going to grab the MI Clouds module from Softube, but I'm getting along better with Voltage Modular so would also like to see something like Clouds available in VM. The VM modules are reasonably priced so far, so whether it was for sale or free doesn't really bother me.

Oh, I quickly found this on the Clouds module:

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules ... en_source/

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/clouds/

https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack ... ter/clouds

Hope this can be used to build a lovely Clouds module :wheee:

I’m actually working on a granular VM module that works similarly to Clouds. It still needs a lot of work, but all the basic functionality is already there and it sounds very good, if I may say so myself. Hoping to get it done and in the shop somewhere in the near(ish) future!

Captain wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:19 am I’m actually working on a granular VM module that works similarly to Clouds. It still needs a lot of work, but all the basic functionality is already there and it sounds very good, if I may say so myself. Hoping to get it done and in the shop somewhere in the near(ish) future!
Yes! Will be happy to see granular modules. :D Per grain filtering and randomizable reverse available? I'll settle for less, but hoping... :wink:

Gone soft wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am
Captain wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:19 am I’m actually working on a granular VM module that works similarly to Clouds. It still needs a lot of work, but all the basic functionality is already there and it sounds very good, if I may say so myself. Hoping to get it done and in the shop somewhere in the near(ish) future!
Yes! Will be happy to see granular modules. :D Per grain filtering and randomizable reverse available? I'll settle for less, but hoping... :wink:
+1
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Gone soft wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:26 am Yes! Will be happy to see granular modules. :D Per grain filtering and randomizable reverse available? I'll settle for less, but hoping... :wink:
Randomizable reverse, definitely (as well as a lot of other randomizable parameters)! :D I first tried actual per grain filtering, but that was a big CPU hog with many concurrent grains. What I have now is a fixed number of filter channels, each with their own (modulatable) cutoff, and each grain can be randomly routed to any of these channels. This seemed like a good compromise between CPU usage and randomness/variation. I’m still experimenting with many features, and one of the biggest challenges seems to be including all the cool features I want, but still keeping the module somewhat compact and easy to use. We’ll see what it will become in the end! :)

@Captain: oh yeah, seems way more than I dared dream of in what may be the first granular module for VM! :wheee: And yup, certainly a compromise I can happily live with - good thinking! :-D

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 amAnd I want to let you know, as always, that we're listening, and we're paying attention to your feature suggestions...
Happy to hear all that! Awesome work :clap:

On that note, can you somehow encourage Blamsoft to port their - recently made free - VCV modules to VM? They said they've no plans currently on doing so, but maybe if enough people bother them about it they'd change their mind :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:26 am

Absolutely correct. I can see it adding up already. i have a lot of FX plugs already and run bitwig which also has amazing modulators. So at first im just gonna concentrate on oscillators and filters. we will see how long that lasts hehe

cherryDan wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:37 am Hi KVR friends,

Happy New Year to you all from Cherry Audio! I wanted to let you know that we've released two new modules today, both of which are FREE for Voltage Core users.

Poly Quantizer is a polyphonic version of our Quantizer module. It features lots of built-in scale types, and the ability to customize the scaling any way you'd like.

Poly Stereo Spread is a module designed to automatically pan polyphonic voices around the stereo spectrum. It's fantastic when used in conjunction with the Poly Unison module, as each voice is panned to a different stereo location. You can also replicate the stereo panning features of classic polyphonic synthesizers like the Oberheim OB-8, where each voice in a chord could be panned to a different stereo location. The stereo width can be modulated with control voltage, along with the overall stereo balance.

PLUS, we've decided to extend our Holiday Sale, so we're going to keep Voltage Core + Misfit Audio Electro Drums on sale for $99 for a while. We want to do everything possible to make sure the Voltage Modular community grows. (So tell your friends! :))

We've got some REALLY exciting new modules and new features in the works, and they will be coming to you in the next few weeks. And I want to let you know, as always, that we're listening, and we're paying attention to your feature suggestions. (Koshdukai, don't be surprised if your "Reset Module" feature shows up in the next release.)

Thanks again,
Dan @ Cherry Audio
When is the sale going to end?

if wags gets a clouds before i do, there will be trouble :lol:

Return to “Instruments”