Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah the ironies. I left my order incomplete when I had a house emergency, went to submit it just now and the voucher is invalid, guess it expired.

Oh well, maybe they'll do the end-of-month recap thing they do sometimes. Not the end of the world in any case.

dwozzle wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 am Ah the ironies. I left my order incomplete when I had a house emergency, went to submit it just now and the voucher is invalid, guess it expired.

Oh well, maybe they'll do the end-of-month recap thing they do sometimes. Not the end of the world in any case.
and there will be other sales and who knows, the prices might even be lower. :phones:

Only the buyers decide about success. Sadly most companies can do what they want as consumers accept step by step. Just check all the dlc stories.... i guess something will happen with plugins too some time in some way.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I've been trialing some new PA plugin for some time now, but this new policy change might be enough to steer me away from them. This feels very anti-consumer in the long run.

They are supposed to revert their policy. It's strange however that until now they have not posted a message about it on their website.

We'll need to keep a close eye on this, just in case they decide to revert the reversion (their current actions point to it being a real possibility).
Last edited by iftango on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll leave this here for future reference. :phones:

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 3.11.50 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dirk two weeks ago; ...'is a mistake on our end and we will fix this asap'

Two weeks?

We Will We Will Fix This!

come on, sing along guys!
It's christmas time

weirdly enough :roll:

Today will mark the 1 month anniversary of Dirk's promiss to overtune the NFR policy. His website still states : "You cannot transfer (...) licenses that were previously transferred to you".
Sad to be loosing money and sad to be under the impression that PA is trying to f..k us over.

iftango wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:25 pm Today will mark the 1 month anniversary of Dirk's promiss to overtune the NFR policy. His website still states : "You cannot transfer (...) licenses that were previously transferred to you".
Sad to be loosing money and sad to be under the impression that PA is trying to f..k us over.
Agreed. It's a horrible thing. I feel like they knew what they were doing and this was a stall tactic-smokescreen in hopes we'd all just go away. PA went from top-tier to bottom-tier in my books. I encourge people to not buy their plugins because you never know what kind of wool they are going to pull over your eyes in the future. :dog:

Seems like someone over there has lost his mind of late. What with this and
trying to control peoples spending with the latest ridiculous voucher promotion.
I bought the louderthanliftoff chopshop directly from LTL. I will be doing that whenever
possible if I happen to be interested in anything. Otherwise, I'll just pass in the future.

Sad that devs like Unfiltered Audio continue to be tied to PA. IMO, with ridiculous
policies like vetoing and delaying updates, ashame they dont just walk away...

Wondering if Unfiltered Audio guys are happy how their products were sold off during the last weeks. It‘s a pity! Such valuable items so cheaply thrown onto the market...

Maybe it would be time to remind him publicly of his Facebook promise. I don't have a facebook account so can't do it myself.
I'm curious how we would justify this (lie?) ?

iftango wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm Maybe it would be time to remind him publicly of his Facebook promise. I don't have a facebook account so can't do it myself.
I'm curious how we would justify this (lie?) ?
I have. Numerous times. My posts are ignored except by the fanboys. I think Dirk lied to us about not knowing about the NFR. Seems like some pretty devious behaviour going on. :dog:

Consider not buying from Plugin Alliance until they clarify their NFR policy and make ammens to their customers by grandfathering all plugins purchased before this debacle as non-NFR in perpetuity. :phones:
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm Wondering if Unfiltered Audio guys are happy how their products were sold off during the last weeks. It‘s a pity! Such valuable items so cheaply thrown onto the market...
I wonder if their sales went up or down with this marketing action. Because ultimately this is all they care about and it could have led to more sales. Would love to see the numbers.

Return to “Effects”