One Synth Challenge #119: Waverazor 2 by Tracktion (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

Tedious is the key word when it comes to programming this. Now that I have a handle on how it works it's making a lot of sense, and it's clearly capable of making really interesting (and musically usefull) sounds. But the learning curve was kind of steep. Biggest ask for features would be a convenient way to group parameters (i.e. wave segments) for editing. Also copying oscillators would be HUGE! It's good that r_mok is keeping an eye on this forum, there should be a lot of constructive feedback - some of the OSC participants are very experienced and accomplished synth users and I expect the quality of the entries will be very strong as people get a handle on what this beast can do.....

Local Man wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:02 pm
Eauson wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:07 pm Well, thought I'd try out the LE version.
Pretty limited :D
So made this :)

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/kvr-osc-mok-waverazor

I said I wasn't gonna, but everyone is allowed to change minds ;)
Shame after doing LE version there is not way to try the full product :(

All details of fx etc on Soundcloud
I like this a lot.
I think the LE version is perfectly capable. Can't say which one is more of a challenge though really.
Many thanks :)
Very true, I've now asked for a trial code, so this track may change?
After reading posts I'm intrigued :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

If Waverazor incorporates some user friendliness, it has a ton of potential.

Starting to warm up to it a little bit, but it's a tough one especially if you're not heavily into wavetables, like myself. But it's outside the norm-ness definitely leads to unexpected results and I'm trying to just roll with that...almost like it wants to start a new "genre". Definitely some of the strangest sounds I've created and just a couple of instances can sound like many.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Well, I don't expect a "new genre", but alone with Jasinski on board you can imagine what genre will have a field day with it...glitchy dubstepalooza! :lol: :borg: ...but, who knows?! I'm super tempted, but it just ain't in my blood, even if I can hear it...can't get myself to noodle up a wonna-be thing, which likely would be the best it could get... :oops: ...so, I ain't tryin'.
But even in the heavily melodic realm, Waverazor has something to offer. Besides, it isn't quite wavetable stuff, really...tis its own thing.

True, shows how much I know about wavetable! Noodlepalooza!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Taron wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 pm Well, I don't expect a "new genre", but alone with Jasinski on board you can imagine what genre will have a field day with it...glitchy dubstepalooza! :lol: :borg: ...but, who knows?! I'm super tempted, but it just ain't in my blood, even if I can hear it...can't get myself to noodle up a wonna-be thing, which likely would be the best it could get... :oops: ...so, I ain't tryin'.
But even in the heavily melodic realm, Waverazor has something to offer. Besides, it isn't quite wavetable stuff, really...tis its own thing.
I hear ya -- definitely it's own thing.... also debating if it will be worth the time....

For those requesting the 30-day Trial (either reset or to replace LE), when you PM me, please let me know the email address you used for your Tracktion account. I'll need that email address to make the license request with Tracktion.

Once your account license has been updated, it is a simple process of just going to Waverazor's settings window, pressing the Registration button, and re-login with the email/password of your Tracktion account. That will cause Waverazor to get the latest license updates from the server.

Cheers! - Rob

@r_mok I need your help please.
I have opend the synth in Bitwig and now it's GUI scale has somehow been set to xtra large. This means the GUI is now way bigger than my screen and editing some parts is not possible in Bitwig. Forinstance to edit the last Matrix 1xN element I have to add 2 destinations to be able to edit the first destination.
Switched back to VSTHost where I did my first experiments and even there the size is now set to extra large. Somehow the GUI seems to remember the size on a cental place (registry?)...All my attempts to rescale the GUI failed. Checked the Manual, but didn't find a hint about resizing the GUI there.
In this configration it's not usable, I don't mean the overal usability challenges that have been adressed by other users already... I have a second thing - Renaming a Modulator does not show the letters as I type them in the input box - that makes me think there's some hickups when Waverazor runs in DAWs.

There are more hickups like the naming issue, especially after reloading a project!
I've also noticed a weird problem with 1xN routings, where no subsequent (N) routing works. Checked with the expanded parameters per destination and there's nothing different there, just doesn't work. When I instead add another 1x1 routing, all works fine there. :shrug: (This is in MuLab on Win7 64 bit).

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm @r_mok I need your help please.
I have opend the synth in Bitwig and now it's GUI scale has somehow been set to xtra large. This means the GUI is now way bigger than my screen and editing some parts is not possible in Bitwig.
Somehow the GUI seems to remember the size on a cental place (registry?)...All my attempts to rescale the GUI failed. Checked the Manual, but didn't find a hint about resizing the GUI there.
The Window Size is stored in Waverazor's preferences. To find your preference file, see here:

https://shrine.mok.com/458/log-files-an ... -locations

You can open that file in a text editor and remove the lines related to Window Size:

<VALUE name="kprefPlugWndW" val="1270.0"/>
<VALUE name="kprefPlugWndH" val="841.0"/>

Taron wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:25 pm There are more hickups like the naming issue, especially after reloading a project!
I've also noticed a weird problem with 1xN routings, where no subsequent (N) routing works. Checked with the expanded parameters per destination and there's nothing different there, just doesn't work. When I instead add another 1x1 routing, all works fine there. :shrug: (This is in MuLab on Win7 64 bit).
Yikes, that's not good :scared: If you have a patch that exhibits this, can you post that either here or on https://shrine.mok.com/ ?

Oh, yes, I will! I'll also go check out your forum tonight. 8) Thanks, Rob!

OK, here's a perfectly puzzling example!
Attached is my silly attempt on a single cycle kick drum.
- go into the MATRIX (hope you took the red pill!? :ud: )
You will see one 1xN routing and under it two 1x1 routings. They are there, because they wouldn't work as additional destinations in that first 1xN routing.
- try replacing the 1x1 by instead adding a destination to the 1xN! You'll see/hear what I mean. It simply won't have any effect. You'll also be able to verify the exact same detailed settings for the destination as they are in the 1x1 routing, so there's not the problem.
Maybe it's a problem regarding the particular targets, but that seems weird, because it's just the LEVELS of Oscillator 1 and 2. Nothing where one might imagine a crossover or stepping on feet of sorts. :shrug:

Later today I might try to get onto your forum...bit distracted right now. But, yeah...there you have one example! When I tried to show you that problem by making a new sound from Init, I didn't immediately run into this, so...that's another curious thing. Esoteric stuff for sure, but I know what it's like. :hug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This thread has made me change daws
DoomTune.com

I'm afraid of this synth. But I'll try to make an entry. Something ambient.

Return to “Instruments”