HELP NEEDED: Drum Sampler Like Poise for OSX?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Poise Percussion Sampler by One Small Clue is exactly what I need. The problem . . . I'm on a Mac, and I'm not switching. ;-) I'm a registered user of Nerve, EZDrums, and a couple other excellent drum VSTs, but what I need for my upcoming project (in a classroom setting) is something like Poise. I begged the developed to develop a version for Mac. Fingers crossed. But until that time . . . .

Beside N.I. Battery, is there any other Drum Sampler out there that is remotely similar with these features:
  • "Direct, straightforward, no frills and no bloat!"
    Drag and Drop samples
    16 drum pads
    8 samples per drum pad with various sample switching modes (round-robin, random, layered and velocity split)
    Sample browser with preview

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 pm These ?
https://decomposer.de/sitala.html
This looks promising . . . nice clean GUI with drag and drop samples. Can it do velocities of each drum on each pad? Round robins? The first is important; the second would be a nice bonus. Regardless, this is a fine effort and I look forward to checking it out. Can't beat the price!!

Any other options out there?

You could run Poise on Mac with SM Pro Audio V-Machine Software (Freeware).

Etienne1973 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:59 pm You could run Poise on Mac with SM Pro Audio V-Machine Software (Freeware).
Would that app run Poise without me having to run any Windows of DOS? I'm not a big fan of adapters and wrappers and such. LAG! ;-0

https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/macosx ... ler/newest

I've been looking for a battery alternative for ages, there's really nothing stupid and straightforward on mac.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/macosx ... ler/newest

I've been looking for a battery alternative for ages, there's really nothing stupid and straightforward on mac.
Which is closest in your opinion?

tommyzai wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:05 pm
Etienne1973 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:59 pm You could run Poise on Mac with SM Pro Audio [url=<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php/en/ ... -osx</span>]V-Machine Software (Freeware)[/url].
Would that app run Poise without me having to run any Windows of DOS? I'm not a big fan of adapters and wrappers and such. LAG! ;-0
It's not needed to run Windows on Mac. I didn't had any lag issues so far with it.

But I just thought round robin is important to you.

Now I guess a Mac drum sampler simple/straightforward with velocity split per pad could be found.

Round Robin is important, but at this point I feel like I need to settle for the best I can get until Poise develops an OSX version. How easy is it to run V-Machine? I really don't like Wine, WineSkin, and all those other virtual PC thingys.

Nothing, i still use Battery. :(

as far as i can tell V-machine looks like a win vst wrapper, you shouldn't need wine or wineskin. Kinda ingenious.

I don't have experience with V-machine, but isn't SM Pro Audio kinda defunct? Or did they just stop distributing to europe? Or is JBL branded for Europe?
can't remember, something stupid about it. the page for the V machines looks pretty deserted tho

Anyone use this?

https://decomposer.de/sitala.html

Looks nice, but may be missing velocities and RR.

tommyzai wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm Round Robin is important, but at this point I feel like I need to settle for the best I can get until Poise develops an OSX version. How easy is it to run V-Machine? I really don't like Wine, WineSkin, and all those other virtual PC thingys.
I've just tried to run Poise Demo in V-Machine. It doesn't work. Forget about this option.

Etienne1973 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:13 pm
tommyzai wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm Round Robin is important, but at this point I feel like I need to settle for the best I can get until Poise develops an OSX version. How easy is it to run V-Machine? I really don't like Wine, WineSkin, and all those other virtual PC thingys.
I've just tried to run Poise Demo in V-Machine. It doesn't work. Forget about this option.
This might sound odd, but I'm glad it doesn't work. That's not a professional solution for the long run. I've been doing music on a computer a long, long time. My eyes are half gone from a zillion hours in front of a screen. I want something that works cleanly and smoothly and integrates seamlessly into the rest of the madness.

I'm looking for something very simple, yet effective and powerful. I'll explore all options, which includes BEGGING Poise developer to create a Mac OSX version . . . I'm sure it would be a big seller.

Any other options?

Elecktroid by AudioSpillage seemed very promising a couple years back. I bought, reviewed, and waited. It's been a while since they updated and the developer hasn't responded to my inquiries. ;-(

I have it too. Try the audiospillage forum here on KVR, he swings by every now and then.
as far as i recall, he did work for WaveAlchemy (drumvolution?) and at about the same time stopped working on audiospillage.

too bad really, i really liked both. I still use DrumSpillage a lot.

UVI Drum Designer looks great; but doesn't allow external samples. Which for me defeats the purpose

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”