DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BONES wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:19 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:09 pmIf you want to hear how phat Hive is you can check this audio demo - https://newloops.com/products/wavetable-hive-presets
Well, now I have heard everything - a demo for a sound bank with watermarking on it. Absolutely hilarious.
Quite funny isn't it :tu:

Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm Ok just to clarify here's the current routing modes and how they should blend, using Left, Center, Right as an example, and incorporating the filter effect. Both filters should be in use (not turned off). There is other ways to blend (& we plan to add more), but this is the current status.

Serial cascade F1->FX->F2: Blend goes from F1->FX (left) to F1->FX->F2 (Center) over to F2 (right).
Serial cascade FX->F1->F2: FX is applied first. Then blend is from F1 (left) over F1->F2 (Center) to F2 (right).
Serial cascade F1->F2->FX: Blend is from F1 (left) over F1->F2 (Center) to F2 (right). FX follows.
Parallel setup F1, F2: Blend is from F1 (left), over F1 and F2 in parallel (Center), to F2 (right). FX follows.
This really needs to be included in the manual (same goes for additions and corrections to that).

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:24 pm Ok just to clarify here's the current routing modes and how they should blend, using Left, Center, Right as an example, and incorporating the filter effect. Both filters should be in use (not turned off). There is other ways to blend (& we plan to add more), but this is the current status.

Serial cascade F1->FX->F2: Blend goes from F1->FX (left) to F1->FX->F2 (Center) over to F2 (right).
Serial cascade FX->F1->F2: FX is applied first. Then blend is from F1 (left) over F1->F2 (Center) to F2 (right).
Serial cascade F1->F2->FX: Blend is from F1 (left) over F1->F2 (Center) to F2 (right). FX follows.
Parallel setup F1, F2: Blend is from F1 (left), over F1 and F2 in parallel (Center), to F2 (right). FX follows.
This really needs to be included in the manual (same goes for additions and corrections to that).

It's NOT working like that... which is the problem. Serial ONLY works in center position for now. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt tho. It's probably a pretty substantial chunk of code to rewrite and I'm sure the preset guys are fighting it all the way. I can only guess he is working on it.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:51 pm It's NOT working like that... which is the problem. Serial ONLY works in center position for now. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt tho. It's probably a pretty substantial chunk of code to rewrite and I'm sure the preset guys are fighting it all the way. I can only guess he is working on it.
I reckon he´ll get it working soon. This is one thing.

But even if it works like it´s supposed to work, it´s -imho- impossible to figure out how it´s supposed to work in the first place. that´s why the explanation still belongs in the manual.

well, I know what everything is supposed to do so haven't even looked at the manual. I didn't know it wasn't in there. I just know that dune serial filters are thrown back into parallel mode as soon as you move the balance knob out of center position, and that's not how serial filters work.

this all comes down to... you have to be super careful about just throwing another filter in the mix. It's not that easy. I am impressed with how well he has implemented everything so far tho. he'll more then likely throw up an update as soon as he gets it sorted. Hopefully all the preset guys are not holding him back tho. My hope is that he isn't holding back the update so the few preset guys can test their presets they rushed out the door with out even noticing that the serial filters didn't work.

Ok... I want Dune 3 but I need to wait for a discount/sale.

The Filter bug should have or at least could have been ironed out by the Beta Testing crew, what do Beta Guys do these days? :D

Love the Formant and Vowel Filters in Dune, Excellent stuff indeed.

Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm The Filter bug should have or at least could have been ironed out by the Beta Testing crew, what do Beta Guys do these days?
sell you presets. :evil:

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm The Filter bug should have or at least could have been ironed out by the Beta Testing crew, what do Beta Guys do these days?
Very good presets though imo. I guess everyone works within their own limits not often checking the nuances of every little thing.
Only a master will pick up everything.
Sometimes a closed Beta Team works against a developer.

guys, if Dune came with zero presets and you had to actually use the thing, you would wind up making the EXACT SAME SOUNDS with it.

careful, dash is more "the only good preset, is a dead preset" kinda guy :scared:

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:22 pm careful, dash is more "the only good preset, is a dead preset" kinda guy :scared:
He may have a point the Init is usually a good place to start. :)

Calandria wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:08 pm The Filter bug should have or at least could have been ironed out by the Beta Testing crew, what do Beta Guys do these days? :D

Love the Formant and Vowel Filters in Dune, Excellent stuff indeed.
Pretty amazed that some of the initial bugs were not found. Like the filter routing not working correctly. Lucky some of us here were quick to spot it and it got fixed. :lol:

While i think that software gets more and more complex, i'm also surprised sometimes which bugs pass unnoticed.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Ohhh, harsh :hihi:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”