Wusik SQ200, who wants to talk about it?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Guys, I want to improve Wusik SQ200 as much as I can, so I'm open to ideas and what-nots. Just be serious, I won't be able to do it all. ;-) Also, no need to say "This is a stupid program" or "I hate the way it works". If you are one of those people, just ignore this post, the product is not for you. I created it the way it is as I wanted something like that. If in the end I'm all alone and the only user, well, so it be. :-p

Here's the product page in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... usik-sq200

https://youtu.be/BAfzd3xrY_Q?list=PLGmh ... OJweHx3F7v

Cheers, WilliamK

BTW: there is a company doing a remote controller for it with the same look as you seen above. Actually, that skin is based on the visuals from their project. I should have more info later this year, maybe sooner. :hyper:

I am interested in sq200. I need “just” a midi sequencer and processor. I could also use the ability to create my own midi processing plugins in c or c++ or whatever the underlying language of the api is.

The sequencer should be editable using piano roll or functional equivalent and support live midi looping and recording. Mtc, and midi best clock synchronization in/out are also a requirement.

Lastly, easy and flexible midi routing and filtering is required.

I haven’t read the docs yet but I will this morning. At the reasonable price I might buy it today to try it out.

Yeah, please, try it out

Ok i read the manual or some of it. I have some suggestions I hope you are not irritated by them.

First, I would remove any audio or vst support. Narrowly focus on midi in midi out. You already have a product that manages vsts and a audio. This will allow the code base to shrink. By dropping these unnecessary features you perhaps can support core sequencer features better, like time signatures and time signature changes, just to pick one type of important sequencing feature thst is missing.

I'm doing some updates for it in a few weeks. Maybe I can work something out for a midi processing SDK. But don't count on it. :-)

It's not so simple, to just remove audio. The whole code uses it.

Ah, and you are not irritating me. ;-) I'm just doing some other stuff here. :oops: :hug: I'm always open to improve SQ200.

Is it standalone or can you use it as a vst inside my DAW ? Also does it support 32bit plugins?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It does both, so yes to both. :cool:

Well I just bought it. I happen to really need a good dedicated sequencer in VST form, so thank you for working on it.

FL Studio can be imported as a VST, into another host, but even though it is good, and a mature product, the ergonomics are not great. I want the simplest possible piano roll interface while still preserving all the good features, and as I mentioned above, I feel that dropping audio and VST features is in keeping with that streamlined philosophy for this specific tool.

Thanks for considering the plugin SDK idea - I just paid 150 each for two hardware midi processors, which I could have just implemented in software and your tool would be the perfect place to do that. For example what if there was a live looping plugin along the lines of MidiRex? Or a VST that generates Midi clock?
This kind of thing is worth money to users, and the functionality is arguably simply a subset of the features offered by a midi sequencer. I am a decent c++ programmer and if I got desperate it would good to be able to try to implement some features that are very specific to me, and maybe contribute them back if the code works.

Also if you look at the features supported by a fetishized piece of hardware like the Squarp Pryamid, a lot of them are one I would really like in software only, because while these dedicated hardware boxes are good, they are hard to support by developers, compared to software only solutions.

Thanks again for your effort and for soliciting feedback .

Oh, thanks for supporting my work. This week I will be a bit crazy here as I'm moving to a new server due to technical problems in my country. :dog: But feel free to write me if you need any help. And when possible I will update SQ200 with the new Bridge code I'm doing for X42. :hyper:

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:31 pm It does both, so yes to both. :cool:
Great! :cool:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”