Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Roodillon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 pm You all are overthinking this. WAY overthinking it. First of all I bought Voltage for $83 at everyplugin.com. It is the same offer with the Misfit drum modules.The cost is reasonable and nobody is forcing you to buy extra modules. Also Cherry Audio is releasing new mdules free for Core owners. Such as myself.

Yes the website is atrocious. But I am sure that given a little time it will get better. They are concentrating on delivering content and I would much rather get content instead of a better website. I still remember Acustica Audio's first sites. They were worse than Cherry's by far but are nice now. Give them a break.

As for the offers changing prices I have to agree with that but I paid $83 and have nothing to complain about.

The program is SOLID. It is worth the price. Don't let a crappy website make you think that the program sucks. Because it doesn't.

PSP and Vult are collaborating with Voltage and I do not think they would jeopardize their good names for this if there was something drastically wrong with it. So what if the developers have no business sense. Don't let that stop you, and if it does stop you then you are missing a really good rack.

Finally, as a Softube Modular owner I can tell you that Voltage is the program Softube should have been. I hardly ever used Softube after purchasing it because the workflow sucks. This is like a breath of fresh air for Softube owners.
I agree the workflow is excellent, but VM is not without problems. There are definite audio problems with certain modules that is not CPU related as my CPU usage is minimal. I don't know what's causing it but with some modules it is very obvious. Hopefully, this will get straightened out as time goes on. Right now, it's hit or miss as to whether a patch I create can actually be used in a track.

Roodillon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 pm Finally, as a Softube Modular owner I can tell you that Voltage is the program Softube should have been. I hardly ever used Softube after purchasing it because the workflow sucks. This is like a breath of fresh air for Softube owners.
Had to check twice to be sure this wasn't a post done by me :hihi:

Roodillon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 pm You all are overthinking this. WAY overthinking it. First of all I bought Voltage for $83 at everyplugin.com. It is the same offer with the Misfit drum modules.The cost is reasonable and nobody is forcing you to buy extra modules. Also Cherry Audio is releasing new mdules free for Core owners. Such as myself.

Yes the website is atrocious. But I am sure that given a little time it will get better. They are concentrating on delivering content and I would much rather get content instead of a better website. I still remember Acustica Audio's first sites. They were worse than Cherry's by far but are nice now. Give them a break.

As for the offers changing prices I have to agree with that but I paid $83 and have nothing to complain about.

The program is SOLID. It is worth the price. Don't let a crappy website make you think that the program sucks. Because it doesn't.

PSP and Vult are collaborating with Voltage and I do not think they would jeopardize their good names for this if there was something drastically wrong with it. So what if the developers have no business sense. Don't let that stop you, and if it does stop you then you are missing a really good rack.

Finally, as a Softube Modular owner I can tell you that Voltage is the program Softube should have been. I hardly ever used Softube after purchasing it because the workflow sucks. This is like a breath of fresh air for Softube owners.
I concur.
But my general impression is that people like Voltage Modular? There are some remarks here and there but I don't see people trashing it?

Stefken wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm I concur.
But my general impression is that people like Voltage Modular? There are some remarks here and there but I don't see people trashing it?
Agreed. I don't see any major negativity in this thread - a bit of nit-picking here and there, but that's about it.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Agreed. I don't see any major negativity in this thread - a bit of nit-picking here and there, but that's about it.
indeed, possibly one of kvrs more reasonable threads :)
other than odd bug/feature stuff, which could be viewed as "negativity" if you really had to. but even that has been in support "love the program but getting a few issues here" type posts mostly.

eg wags "i can see this getting expensive" (words to that effect)
i took that to mean "a quality product i can see me investing more money in to"
not
"this is too dear!"

:)

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:17 pm
kingtubby wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:11 pm
indeed, possibly one of kvrs more reasonable threads :)
other than odd bug/feature stuff, which could be viewed as "negativity" if you really had to. but even that has been in support "love the program but getting a few issues here" type posts mostly.

eg wags "i can see this getting expensive" (words to that effect)
i took that to mean "a quality product i can see me investing more money in to"
not
"this is too dear!"

:)
Yeah, I love VM. Have bought almost every module out so far with very few exceptions. Yeah, a little concerned about the audio problems (have to troubleshoot which modules) but I'm sure they'll eventually get ironed out.

im still waiting for some noodles from you :P

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:26 pm im still waiting for some noodles from you :P
Do you mean audio clips?

yes, im not actually expecting you to send me ramen :lol:
not so much clips as longer experiments, most of my stuff, that's noodles :)
just playing with no aim :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:38 pm yes, im not actually expecting you to send me ramen :lol:
not so much clips as longer experiments, most of my stuff, that's noodles :)
just playing with no aim :hihi:
Yeah, I need to put together one of those patches where I can just hit one note and let it go on forever. Haven't gotten there yet. Trying to put together a library that people can actually make music with. My mainstream Softube library did amazingly well. My West Coast library, not so much. Even with modulars, people seem to want basic leads, bass, etc.

Go figure.

people are weird.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm My West Coast library, not so much. Even with modulars, people seem to want basic leads, bass, etc.

Go figure.
It may also be because:

a) Not many people have those "west coast" modules, to begin with (they are quite expensive, and that's the mainr eason I abandoned SM).

and

b) Those who have them are die hard users, which rely more on their own use than third party presets.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm My West Coast library, not so much. Even with modulars, people seem to want basic leads, bass, etc.

Go figure.
It may also be because:

a) Not many people have those "west coast" modules, to begin with (they are quite expensive, and that's the mainr eason I abandoned SM).

and

b) Those who have them are die hard users, which rely more on their own use than third party presets.
Yeah, maybe. But it doesn't explain the ridiculous success of my first Softube library. To outsell everything else I have by a mile and a half makes no sense, not when modulars by nature are not a mainstream synth.

no, but maybe first time users need more patches if they don't understand how to connect stuff to even get a sound?

best not to question it :hihi:

Cool, its sounding like an Sega megadrive :)
It adds to my softube and reaktor a lofi-Modular, nice :)
But the workflow is much better than Reaktor and softube, as soon as you know the modules.
Very pity that PSP nitro isn’t included, with these filters it sounds more useful.

Return to “Instruments”