Maschine Mikro MK1 in S1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Morning all, hope all is good and groovy.
Yesterday I bought a Maschine Mikro MK1 to play with. Long story short, the seller basically refused to transfer me the software unless I sent more money; of course I didn't cave in because I'm not enabling a scammer.
Anyway - I am kinda disappointed but I'm determined to make the most out of it.
The Ableton integration is kinda cool and I see one can customise their own control sets so it can work to a degree with any DAW.
Before I commit myself to weeks of fiddling around: Does anyone has good advice about using Maschine Mikro to control S1?
Many thanks
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

trtzbass wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am the seller basically refused to transfer me the software unless I sent more money
Do you have a CD with software serial? (I understand that this serial is activated on sellers account, it does not matter)
iswr

Vee Nee wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 am
trtzbass wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am the seller basically refused to transfer me the software unless I sent more money
Do you have a CD with software serial? (I understand that this serial is activated on sellers account, it does not matter)
No CD unfortunately. The serial is printed on a sticker under the actual unit, but when I try to register it, the website says it’s not possible. I’m gonna go ahead and say it’s because it’s alreqdy registered on the other guy’s account
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

The reason i wrote this is actually because i was in the same situation, i got a Maschine mk1, i even got a CD with serial on it. But hardware and software has been already registered with the sellers account and he didn't want to transfer it. I contacted NI support, they asked me to provide a couple of photos to prove i really own this hardware and then just moved the licenses into my own account. And it all took just about 2 working days. Worth trying :)
iswr

Vee Nee wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:29 pm The reason i wrote this is actually because i was in the same situation, i got a Maschine mk1, i even got a CD with serial on it. But hardware and software has been already registered with the sellers account and he didn't want to transfer it. I contacted NI support, they asked me to provide a couple of photos to prove i really own this hardware and then just moved the licenses into my own account. And it all took just about 2 working days. Worth trying :)
Yes, I know that would be an option, but honestly? I am so busy at the moment and the last thing I want is to go into a possible litigation with somebody who has my number and email.
If NI transfers the S / N to me then the other person's Maschine client won't work anymore and aggravation might ensue. Getting myself into this is not worth my time and peace.
It was good advice, tho. Thanks.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

I don't know if there is a difference between Mikro MK3 and MK1 in the workflow, but I doubt they are the same. For me, Mikro MK3 would be almost useless without Maschine (the software).

If I were you, I would either get the software in any way possible, or return the Mikro and maybe buy ATOM instead.

trtzbass wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 am Morning all, hope all is good and groovy.
Yesterday I bought a Maschine Mikro MK1 to play with. Long story short, the seller basically refused to transfer me the software unless I sent more money; of course I didn't cave in because I'm not enabling a scammer.
Anyway - I am kinda disappointed but I'm determined to make the most out of it.
I don't think i'd accept being scammed. You should ask him to take the Maschine mikro back, and if he denies to do so, i'd threaten to sue him. There's no way he can get away with selling something which is supposed to be sold as a hardware/software bundle. Really, man, don't accept it, you'll just make him scam other people as well.

Edit: What VeeNee wrote would probably be the best to do.

You cannot sell Maschine hardware without software ....It's written on the NI website...
Product packages consisting of hardware and software bundles can only be sold or given to third parties free of charge as a whole. The individual components of a bundle may not be sold or transferred separately. The software activation requires the prior registration of the hardware. Therefore, the software can not be sold separately from the hardware.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... econd-Hand

So I guess if you prove you have the hardware to NI they will transfer you the licence...

Not enough info, but was it advertised as coming with software? If you didn't read up on it then you scammed yourself for not checking before buying. The seller is suppose to transfer the software, and since you're already in touch with them you know they won't do it.
Depending on the price that you paid for it and the method that you used to pay for it, I'd probably return it without the software. You can find people selling their license on this website in the buy & sell section.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you and I hope it works out for you!

Studio one integration sucks big time and there are a couple topics posted on the forums of both sites. There's a template floating out there for the Maschine, but I don't think it applies to the Mikro.

Hey all, thanks for your opinions, very much appreciated.
The person who sold me the unit didn't specify that the software wasn't for sale. On my side I assumed that she would want to do things correctly. My very positive experiences with all the sellers on KVR has probably spoiled me in regard to level of knowledge and good intentions of pepole; that is my part of responsibility in the story. Caveat emptor and all the such.
The long and the short of it is that when I tried to register the thing the NI website bounced me. So I sent her a message saying "Oh, I think you forgot to do the transfer, have a look and do it please" she hurried to delete the ad from the website she advertised on and straight up told me that the ad openly said that no software was included (it didn't, but I didn't take a screenshot) and that she'll have to charge me extra for it.
I discreetly hinted at the fact that hardware and software are interdependent but she refused to acknowledge that.
My feeling is that she had no idea about having to transfer but instead of saying "oh ok, I did not know so let's work towards a mutually advantageous resolution" she took it in stride and decided to play it that way and try to squeeze more money out of me. I won't give this person any more money; later she emailed me twice to say that the deal to buy the software is still on the plate but I declined because she got herself in a situation where she has an unusable piece of software that she can't sell to anyone who hasn't got the hardware.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

You really should then return it to her and take your money back.

Or if you really want to keep it, then take photos for your Mikro (with the serial ...etc) and any emails or exchanges you have with her and show it to NI Support. You can tell her that your going to do that because it is illegal to sell the hardware without the software (show her the FAQ in NI page).

is this a an old Mikro ? the one without the pretty colored lights? In that case the CD that came with it has the old Maschine 1 software on it. The seller probably upgraded to the newer Maschine 2 software and doesnt need the CD. Tell them that. Most of us Maschine users moved to 2 because of the huge imporvement in features and functionality.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Well I look at it this way. NI owes you a license because it states it in their license agreement. I would definitely forward the e-mail of them trying to sell you the software that's suppose to go with the unit you paid for.
I believe that'll hold up in any court of law as long as you have the bill of sale. I would think that would put NI in a position to either break their own terms, or take care of it. I think what they do is cancel the software for the seller and tell you that you're out of luck. You may get them to sell you a new license since you do have proof of sale. I hope you're able to work things out!

It could be the person list the CD. I fail to understand why the CD is that important. I upgraded t Maschine2. I dont need Maschine 1 to reinstall it.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Topcheese wrote: ↑Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm Well I look at it this way. NI owes you a license because it states it in their license agreement.
Not really. The SELLER owes him a license. Not NI's fault when there's people who ship the devices without the bundled software.
Topcheese wrote: ↑Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:09 pm I think what they do is cancel the software for the seller and tell you that you're out of luck.
Why on earth would they do that?? Sorry, but, you assume a lot of things.

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”