Rapid vs Dune3?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
AnX
KVRAF
3662 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 am

recursive one wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:44 am
AnX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:39 am
it becomes nfr after its been sold once, so you can find them
:roll:
Parawave Audio wrote: The customer is not allowed to share, sell, rent, lease, transfer, license, outsource or otherwise distribute the purchased product
https://parawave-audio.com/terms

i thought you meant Dune :roll: :roll:

AnX
KVRAF
3662 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Rapid vs Dune3?

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:40 am

Also, as a European company, thats bullshit, and illegal

chk071
KVRAF
18150 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 am

I'd argue about the "illegal" (it's not illegal, really, there just have been court rulings which resulted in the allowance of resales… not the same as a general "illegal" for companies to write that their plugins are NFR in the EULA), but, what's different with a license that gets NFR after one resale?

themerx
KVRer
17 posts since 4 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 am

DavidCarlyon wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:09 am
Well i have to say, i just tried rapid. Absolutely love it too. I still think Dune has the best sound when it comes to oscillators and filters. But rapid sounds great and has so many sound shaping options. I love the workflow of rapid, nice drag and drop.

Also you know what this synth has that almost no other synth has? Multi stage envelopes that have SWING!!!!! This is so important and useful for many electronic styles (house/techno etc)
So many synths have these cool multi-env/sequencers that i can use because my track has so much swing in it. Using the sequencers in rapid is a pure joy. What a synth.

Shame it costs so much, but you do get a lot for your money i suppose. Will keep my eye out on here for a used one!
total agree but why does it cost too much? other vsts are more expensive and dont have all the stuff rapid has. imho rapid could be more expensive. quality, so many cool features, multisamples, wavetables etc and a mb saturator (there are mb saturator on market as fx plugins which cost 200$ and rapid has one included).

DavidCarlyon
KVRist
165 posts since 17 Mar, 2018

Post Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 am

themerx wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 am
DavidCarlyon wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:09 am
Well i have to say, i just tried rapid. Absolutely love it too. I still think Dune has the best sound when it comes to oscillators and filters. But rapid sounds great and has so many sound shaping options. I love the workflow of rapid, nice drag and drop.

Also you know what this synth has that almost no other synth has? Multi stage envelopes that have SWING!!!!! This is so important and useful for many electronic styles (house/techno etc)
So many synths have these cool multi-env/sequencers that i can use because my track has so much swing in it. Using the sequencers in rapid is a pure joy. What a synth.

Shame it costs so much, but you do get a lot for your money i suppose. Will keep my eye out on here for a used one!
total agree but why does it cost too much? other vsts are more expensive and dont have all the stuff rapid has. imho rapid could be more expensive. quality, so many cool features, multisamples, wavetables etc and a mb saturator (there are mb saturator on market as fx plugins which cost 200$ and rapid has one included).

Sorry, to be clear, i didnt mean *too* much. I don't think that at all, you are quite right about other synths being vastly more expensive. I just meant it was a lot for me at this point, thats all.
I think its a brilliant product. I will just wait for a sale. Gutted i missed the one just gone, but i had no idea about this synth.

Those who got the 40% off deal got an insane bargain. That's a LOT of synth for the money!!

If i had known about this i might not have bought so much other stuff over the holidays! really impressed. Great workflow too, its so quick to get really complex sounds going.

Igro
KVRAF
4005 posts since 26 Apr, 2007 from Noosphere

Post Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 am

Rapid or Pigments, that's the question...

DavidCarlyon
KVRist
165 posts since 17 Mar, 2018

Post Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 am

Igro wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 am
Rapid or Pigments, that's the question...
What kind of stuff do you make? Both great synths, different capabilities. Arturia is a beauty to program and has some really interesting oscillator modulations, Rapid is a multi-layer beast, which also has a great layout.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”