lkjb Luftikus release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I completely disagree with that turning off the LPF in DDMF 6144. All analog equipment have some kind of a LPF roll off and we all like it and praise it. It also saves me/you some time from putting a LPF plugin in the chain. ;) And it's not that every LPF sounds the same, too. I rather trust DDMF on that.

The usable range where you have to get things right in the mix is essentially from about 50Hz-12kHz. Mixing and mastering. Everything else is just a gimmick IMHO. Especially the range from around 100-10000kHz is extremely important because that's what humans hear most prominently and these frequencies should use like 99.9% of the headroom.

IVGI has a really nice and noticeable LPF... and nobody seems to mind. I love it, too. Everything just sounds warmer and nicer with it. So you can concentrate on getting the mids right. And when you boost that 8k or 12k a little, nobody will notice the lack of 15k. Really. :D It's how we did things in the 80s and early 90s when most of the equipment couldn't really reproduce frequencies above ~15k and lower than ~60hz, except if you sold a kidney, again, of course, and got yourself a nice Accuphase Hi-Fi or something. :hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

lkjb wrote:The high boost number of decimal places was only one instead of two and editing the value didn't worked. I added the changelog entries.
since you're polishing the GUI here's a little glitch for you

DuX wrote:I completely disagree with that turning off the LPF in DDMF 6144. All analog equipment have some kind of a LPF roll off and we all like it and praise it. It also saves me/you some time from putting a LPF plugin in the chain. ;) And it's not that every LPF sounds the same, too. I rather trust DDMF on that.

It will be extra Off option.
It is your choice to leave it on 22Khz if you want, but I will use it with off Hi Cut. Portico RND 5033 doesn't have any of this. I tested it.
You can practice democracy per se, only and only 100% free choice.
Democracy on show!

Voted

I simply Love this EQ. I use just about 2-3 more aside from Luftikus. Dust Equalizer and DDMF 6144 mostly. All wonderful and complementary EQ plugins.

@ DuX

be so kind and explain what you like and why of this three.

thank you!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

This would be a looooooong post, and I'm recording something, so tomorrow, after I wake up late at about 8pm [lol] I'll try to devise a post worth for humans to read. Promise! :) Even though, if you read my last two or three posts that pretty much sums up my "philosophy" and how I grew up with analog hardware , and why people find the modern music sound so digital and why the old songs sound so nice etc. I just explained all that.

All to fall on deaf ears and SPAN and VST Analyzer and closed and inexperienced mind and ears.

Dust EQ just sounds so wonderful especially when given narrow Q. It's something in between a synth filter and an EQ. Lovely sounding.

6144 has by default such broad and gentle bands. It is a typical console EQ. You can make such a great console look alike mix with it. "hear alike' ;)

And Luftikus? Luftikus is a special EQ. I find it most useful on vocals as a track EQ because the frequencies you can tweak with it re convenient for that, but also for mastering because its bands are quite broad. 3

Gosh, smoke break is over.. Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

have to thank you in advance!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I just read this whole thread and had myself a good time while doing it. At first when I downloaded this last year I thought well he was obviously making a blatant attempt to emulate a popular mastering eq. But after reading this it seems that the Maag eq wasn't even known back then, and he didn't even have a gui for it. All he had was some phenomenal coding based on a phenomenal eq that just sounds phenomenal and let me tell you how much I enjoy typing phenomenal it has something to do with the way the letters are symmetry spaced across the keyboard, it probably follows the golden ration i wouldn't be surprised.

This is now abandonware so I won’t even bother trying it.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 am This is now abandonware so I won’t even bother trying it.
And still works as good as the maag eq4. Yesterday just for kicks, I put the maag and this lkjb (identical settings) on the same track (duplicated), took a screen captures of voxengo span at different moments... they were both 98% the same. Maag gave a spit more of low end and their notches were a bit deeper (I'm talk way under 1dB of difference).

So it may be abandonware, but it works perfectly fine and you don't really need to spend money on the maag if you need this eq.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

You shure its Abandonware? lkjb is still active.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 am You shure its Abandonware? lkjb is still active.
Of course. It’s been six years since the last release.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 am You shure its Abandonware? lkjb is still active.
Since the release of Luftikus you mean? Well maybe it is abandoned, but as u said lkjb is still active.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 am This is now abandonware so I won’t even bother trying it.
Ha yeah.

The criterion "abandonware" would be important for a complex
software with lots of bugs, but not for a simple VST-eq.

This eq has no obvious bugs - is rock solid - and thus didn't need
to have changed anything.

What you said is like owning a Neumann U67-Microphone
and devalueing it as "abandonware". Or do you also think
of Roland TR909 as "abandonware"? :hihi:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 pm
Ha yeah.

The criterion "abandonware" would be important for a complex
software with lots of bugs, but not for a simple VST-eq.

This eq has no obvious bugs - is rock solid - and thus didn't need
to have changed anything.

What you said is like owning a Neumann U67-Microphone
and devalueing it as "abandonware". Or do you also think
of Roland TR909 as "abandonware"? :hihi:
Using the newest plugins must be the trend noawadays....

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:05 am
Since the release of Luftikus you mean? Well maybe it is abandoned, but as u said lkjb is still active.
I honestly would have loved it if I had found this plugin before I spent money on the maag4. It even uses slightly less resources than the maag4 and it sounds exactly the same (I'd even say more open in the top end).
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”