Poll: What percentage of music you listen to is what you've created?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

What % of music you listen to in the past year, non radio, is what you've created?

90% or more
7%
60% (roughly 2/3rds)
14%
40-60% (about half)
11%
30% (about 1/3rd)
5%
10% or less
64%

Total votes: 44

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been thinking about this for years. In the past year, not including radio, what percent of the music you listened to was actually what you personally created? In this case I mean finished tracks, even demos that you changed but were nearly finished songs. Not time spent in the studio working on songs.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Chemik wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 pm not including radio
why? thats where i hear 90% of the music i listen to

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:04 pm
this explains a lot..

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:07 pm
this explains a lot..

classic fm :wink:

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:31 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:07 pm
this explains a lot..

classic fm :wink:
I dont know about there but here that just means a few classic songs thrown in between disc jockeys talking over intros and nonstop ads...the only time I hear a radio is when I'm at the dump (excuse me, recycling center) where the dump dude cranks a local classic rock station all day.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

no, here its longwinded intros discussing the nuanced usage of the fifth in the ninth bar, culminating in a frenzy of sound as the string section reach a crescendo which is sublime. followed by two mins of classical music before the news because the presenters wont just stfu and play some bloody music

preferably, speaking so quiet, you turn it up a bit just to hear what they're saying, then beethovens fifth kicks off and your house crumbles to dust :x

yup, sounds familiar
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

There are times for me when it is about 90% just me. Especially when I fly. I only like listening to my own songs/projects with others. Does that make me a narcissist?
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

If I'm working on something I'm not listening hardly to anything. If I'm considering the next work I'm being very particular and don't want to be unduly swayed or distracted. If I'm not I listen to music all the time.

Last time I listened to an actual radio station was I knew they were going to play something of mine. True story.

That's like 9 yrs ago. And I had to download the podcast link to do that. I don't have a radio.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm no, here its longwinded intros discussing the nuanced usage of the fifth in the ninth bar, culminating in a frenzy of sound as the string section reach a crescendo which is sublime. followed by two mins of classical music before the news because the presenters wont just stfu and play some bloody music
..and adverts for stairlifts.

I listen to the radio when I drive and sometimes when I'm cooking or cleaning up. Australian ABC FM and Radio National - I wont listen to anything with ads or dickheads so no commercial radio (same for TV). I don't watch ads at art galleries, why should I have art work interrupted by ads on Radio or TV. I'm amazed/disgusted it is allowed.

I dont spend a lot of time sitting and listening - our house is too noisy and if I have "music time" and I am probably using it to make some
what you don't know only makes you stronger

If I'm close to finishing a track it's 100% for a week, on various audio systems.
I'm so vain.
I think this thread is about me.

If you do not like your own music and do not want to hear it if finished, something went wrong. I mostly listen to tracks that are finished but have not yet been released. Sometimes I compare them to other tracks from other musicians to know if they can stand with them.
I think 60% I hear my own music and 40% from my collection, streaming etc. :phones:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”