Away since Cubase SX 2 - which route to go with DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have licenses for Studio one pro 4 and Waveform 9, but tend to use the free Cakewalk DAW mostly.

At the very least download and install Cakewalk before splashing out cash. Its main flaw seems to be that its free.

Other than that its intuitive and fun, especially using the matrix loop view.

I would suggest to pick one and go with it. All are great to produce music. You will reach your goal one way or the other. But if you start to check out different DAWs, some functions on some of them will seem better and that will effect your decision and steal your time. One will have better automation other one will have patterns other will have huge content etc.Later on when you decide on a DAW you will wish that x function of that DAW was in y etc. So it is better to not know much about the rest and just stick with what you have and learn every bit of it :)

andypryce wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am I would suggest to pick one and go with it.
Thats far too sensible an answer for KVR :hihi:

dellboy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:11 pm
andypryce wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am I would suggest to pick one and go with it.
Thats far too sensible an answer for KVR :hihi:
:D

Ableton Live and Studio One Pro. Or Bitwig and Cubase. Or whatever, just pick any 2. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

andypryce wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am I would suggest to pick one and go with it. All are great to produce music.
Yeah, but... some are so much better to produce music than others. :P

I needed to look around some time to find the DAW's that suit me. For me, those are - Studio One and Cubase. I tried a lot of DAW's before that, Reaper, Sonar, Ableton, and also some free ones like Podium Free, LMMS, or Temper. Sort of the same situation as with soft synths. I really needed to try a lot of them to find the ones which are to my liking. I can't even say that that is a process which is avoidable, i guess it's in the nature of things that you need to try out software yourself to see which ones suit you.

But, really, if you liked Cubase, and don't want to go the Cubase route, for whatever reason, then check out Studio One. To me, it's a streamlined version of Cubase. And, streamlined in the right departments.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”