Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCL-864U Vintage Tube Limiter/Compressor

Killing the low end here too on the settings I was using. Dial back in some dry and it's sweet. :)

Great on synth lead too (in parallel). I understand how the controls are supposed to work in theory but just twisting the knobs until I get a sound is fun. Money well spent.

I bet it works on pretty much anything.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Even using the SC HP?
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm no expert but that seems to be the case if I go 100% wet and adjust the HPF from OFF to 200Hz.

Ok, I myself didn't' really notice that.

edit: Actually if I really crank the input high, it does seem to cut off some low end... Interesting.
Thanks
rsp

edit to the edit :) :
Using a Sine Wave Test Tone, and looking at spectrogram I couldn't see any low end cut off, even with the input cranked high.
rsp
sound sculptist

Listen with your ears. :) No doubt Ray will clarify, just as soon as he's finished counting his massive bundle of cash.

when compressor is not acting, the difference is mostly in the mid to high end (as evidenced by null test). i haven't bothered to test whether it's attenuating or boosting (null test would show either as the same), but i presume it's boosting (due to tube harmonics).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:11 pm Listen with your ears. :) No doubt Ray will clarify, just as soon as he's finished counting his massive bundle of cash.
ears can easily be fooled :)... as you compress it more and more though, you can see the harmonics being boosted, which indeed can trick the ear into thinking the low end is being rolled off (if the volume remains the same more or less)
rsp
sound sculptist

You're probably right (as feckin' usual). :) What do you say Ray?

lol. I am not sure about that..being wrong is a big part of the learning process I find, and I have learned a lot over the course of life :).

But yes lets see what Ray says :)
rsp
sound sculptist

yeah it's possibly a boost of harmonics fooling the ear, but thankfully there's a HP and Mix knob... i find im using a 65% dry mix with this plugin, contrast to 65% wet mix with most others.

I just bought Ray's Phil's Cascade, going to have to get this as well now. :x :D

This thing sounds good! I was able to add a meaty, warm and dense layer to this acid synth line, which I couldn't match with my other plugins.

Also, @Fuse Audio, thank you for the flat view GUI (or rather a minimal perspective, since there is a very slight angle evident on the far left and right dials). GUIs with 3D angles/perspectives are totally unhelpful.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Trying to decide on whether to demo this...

What do YOU think? :D
A well-behaved signature.

No need. Just purchase it. :)

Probably should, but I'm skint ATM so even $29 merits careful consideration.

Downloading demo now... :)
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Effects”