Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Ooh nice, just in time for those of us who are waiting til June for the half price Komplete upgrades...
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm There's a bit more info this time around. New screenshots too, going through some new features. I'm liking the new routing possibilities:

[JOKE]Hmm. CPU looks high.[/JOKE]

Do y'all think that routing modulators is done in that routing page? I'll confess that looks a bit offputting to me, but hopefully there's also a more responsive way of doing that such as right clicking or something.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm Ooh nice, just in time for those of us who are waiting til June for the half price Komplete upgrades...
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:55 pm There's a bit more info this time around. New screenshots too, going through some new features. I'm liking the new routing possibilities:

Do y'all think that routing modulators is done in that routing page? I'll confess that looks a bit offputting to me, but hopefully there's also a more responsive way of doing that such as right clicking or something.
I dont think there will be half price upgrades in June. I at least dont remember there ever was a sale in the first year of the Komplete release.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm[JOKE]Hmm. CPU looks high.[/JOKE]
Screenshot doesn't tell you which machine it was rendered on, or how many voices were playing ;) Also note the gray modules there which are modulators, yes their routing (as audio rate sources) is done on that page. You can see orange rings around knobs, which is the same style of visualizing modulation like in OG Massive.

Remember that OG Massive was a CPU hog on release, too. Do note that this is a modern DSP powerhouse - and Mike Daliot knows his DSP very well. I don't think there will be sacrifices in audio quality just to save on CPU.

Gah, I bought Select 12 two weeks ago strategically planning for half-price upgrades in June! LOL!

That said, I've barely touched Massive or Monark yet, and STILL barely have lifted the hood on Alchemy since getting Logic a while back...so it's not like I don't have stuff to keep me occupied.

Especially since I plan on doing the one synth challenges from now on, as fumbling as I am with sound design :) Trying not to look really bad in front of more accomplished designers and musicians is a powerful creative motivator, I found! :D

Yeah, the routing system looks interesting! I don't see any indication still of the possibility of creating custom wavetables so I suspect this will not be a thing. But I have Zebra2 for that kind of sound design, so no worries. The Performers also look interesting and fun!

I think I like the original interface better.
DoomTune.com

I think both will serve very well alongside each other.

For all Massive enthusiasts.

Leap Into The Void Massive blowout!

Complete Massive soundset bundle - 75% off!

All Massive single sound sets are 50% off!

:party:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm Ooh nice, just in time for those of us who are waiting til June for the half price Komplete upgrades...

If i had to guess, then i'd say that it also supports drag & drop modulation like Massive 1 also did. I don't think everyone will like that modular view so much.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:07 pmI dont think there will be half price upgrades in June. I at least dont remember there ever was a sale in the first year of the Komplete release.
Certainly Komplete 11 was half price the summer after release. Slightly fanciful perhaps, but the June date for Massive X makes me think it will tie in with the upgrade sale, it's been June the last 2 years.

Mario - you did see my [JOKE] tags, right? :wink:
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

In the routing tab there is a connection from the "Analog Set" wavetable to "Insert Osc". Does that mean that a wavetable osc does audio rate modulation on an additional osc which is set as insert FX? That would be a really flexible routing option.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:55 pmI don't think everyone will like that modular view so much.
Seeing the modular craze going on for some time, I think people will lap it up. OG Massive had predefined routings possible, this is entirely free routing. It's just a logical continuation/enhancement. It's great :)

Convert an mseg into a waveform, merge it with another(s) and get a wavetable? :D
Would be great.

So Massive X will be a sort of "Reaktor Junior"?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Not really.

Any news on whether there will be expandable modules, like blocks? They said Massive X will be more expandable in every way. I hope they weren't referring to the routing options. Would be a bit disappointing if so.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”