[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:34 pm
xylyx wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:04 pm Or just use Presonus' official Remote app for Studio One on Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e&hl=en_GB
But has it been fixed to work with Studio One 4 ?
Works perfectly for me with the latest version. It can even reflect your chosen colour scheme, which is a nice touch.

Just now fooling around with the app, too. Works fine in v4 for me over wi-fi. Oddly, it feels much more usable on my 7" Fire than my 10" Fire. Everything is too small on the big tablet. I think it would actually be better on a big screen with lower resolution. I'm hoping that there's some way to resize the GUI that I haven't yet found. All that said, it looks and feels Very Nice.

I tried vie my Wifi, but can't access the Playstore through my 5" Huawei Andriod smartphone, due to a [RH-01] error.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Any word on the thumbnails not being shown for certain plugins? Like some of Audio Damage...

exmatproton wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:22 am Any word on the thumbnails not being shown for certain plugins? Like some of Audio Damage...
This is to do with Audio Damage using the same image ID for their plugins, they will cancel each other out should there be duplicates of these ID's used across their plugins within Studio One and other DAWs. Studio One uses this unique identifier to provide a link to the plugin, and thus a functional one and not just a static image. This is an issue that only Audio Damage can fix with their plugins, and with other DAWs like Cubase adopting thumbnails as well, it would be in their interest to fix them. I'd suggest sending them an email, or contacting them vie social media if they use it.
__

Other than that, I'll be expecting a bug fix release for Studio One 4 this week. Particularly relating to this midi note issues they added in 4.1.1.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:32 pm
exmatproton wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:22 am Any word on the thumbnails not being shown for certain plugins? Like some of Audio Damage...
This is to do with Audio Damage using the same image ID for their plugins, they will cancel each other out should there be duplicates of these ID's used across their plugins within Studio One and other DAWs. Studio One uses this unique identifier to provide a link to the plugin, and thus a functional one and not just a static image. This is an issue that only Audio Damage can fix with their plugins, and with other DAWs like Cubase adopting thumbnails as well, it would be in their interest to fix them. I'd suggest sending them an email, or contacting them vie social media if they use it.
__

Other than that, I'll be expecting a bug fix release for Studio One 4 this week. Particularly relating to this midi note issues they added in 4.1.1.
Ow, i see. thanks for clearing that up

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drag and drop

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:18 am Just discovered that weird midi note recording bug people have been talking about in 4.1.1 for myself. That one where notes are shown to be recorded and then jump to the end to create a long clip. Only noticed it when I went back to the start of the song to add some more strings whilst the last section had the loop markers set at the bridge. Up until that point, I was recording fine I found, so it looks like in the mean time that I'll need to always record from active loop makers and positioned properly as I have been doing, with the pre-count. Presonus normally release a maintenance update for Studio One just before Christmas, so I'll be expecting this bug to be rectified.
This midi bug is killing my work flow. I usually go back to a song and record more midi notes in a loop on starting on bar/measure 17. If I play a note too early (before the loop markers), the first note is held for the entire length of the loop. Smh

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:33 pm
Aliens wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:57 pm Drag and drop
lol, I was clicking various combinations of alt/ctrl/shift while dragging, didn't even occur to me that just dragging would do it.
Studio One is semi-touchscreen focused I think, but it is something I brought up about the modifier keys about the mix console over on another forum. I didn't reply before because it's something I'd thought you'd figure out in practice.

Spin Boyz wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:18 am Just discovered that weird midi note recording bug people have been talking about in 4.1.1 for myself. That one where notes are shown to be recorded and then jump to the end to create a long clip. Only noticed it when I went back to the start of the song to add some more strings whilst the last section had the loop markers set at the bridge. Up until that point, I was recording fine I found, so it looks like in the mean time that I'll need to always record from active loop makers and positioned properly as I have been doing, with the pre-count. Presonus normally release a maintenance update for Studio One just before Christmas, so I'll be expecting this bug to be rectified.
This midi bug is killing my work flow. I usually go back to a song and record more midi notes in a loop on starting on bar/measure 17. If I play a note too early (before the loop markers), the first note is held for the entire length of the loop. Smh

Yup, still no update out yet to have that fixed...maybe Friday... Monday is the 24th...so I can't really see them leaving this to the last minute in being that late.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that update is not coming this year.

Spin Boyz wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:04 am I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that update is not coming this year.
Yeah... unless they draw a rabbit out the hat on the 24th.

The trade off is downgrading to the previous version that you can access through your account, which seems strangely un-proggressive in the non musical sense.

Update notes added for Studio One 4.1.2 to page one.

A shorter listing of issues than previous updates, but still a significant number nonetheless that fix some really annoying ones that caused lots of frustration like recorded notes jumping when recording outside the active loop mark.

___

They added some versioning feature, but personally I can do without some half caked additions like this. It's derived from Sonar which isn't a good sign...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”