Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm Any news on whether there will be expandable modules, like blocks?
There is a faq on the same page which says (in answer to the question, will it be modular?):
"No, MASSIVE X is not modular. But you can swap different DSP components (oscillators, filters, effects, envelopes, LFOs, and more)."

I think this means no.

These guys have twisted sense of humor, that’s for sure.

Depends, modular might mean infinitely expandable, like any amount of filters or oscillators. Would it still be modular if there are a fixed number of slots that can have different components?

If not, I'm curious to know what they mean by "more expandable".
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Btw, it's no more February
Native Instruments wrote: Back in September we announced that MASSIVE X would arrive in February. Unfortunately, when building such a complex instrument, things can take longer than expected, so we’ve taken the difficult decision to delay the release until June.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I hate too early announcements with such products...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:00 pm I hate too early announcements with such products...
Don't get all hyped up the next time then. :shrug:

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:46 pm Depends, modular might mean infinitely expandable, like any amount of filters or oscillators. Would it still be modular if there are a fixed number of slots that can have different components?

If not, I'm curious to know what they mean by "more expandable".
It has fully modular wiring between the modules it has, but fixed number of slots you can fill in (but modulators don't take up those slots, they are always there). They can always add new modules to choose from down the road. That's the way I see it. There's no reason to open it to 3rd parties, they have Reaktor for that.

I find the visual hierarchy confusing.
It's like there were no guidelines where to put knobs, how big they should be, when to use a grey one or a black one.
It's like different teams could make their modules as they wished and at the end we all throw it together.

I know it has kind of a modular approach but that doesn't mean you can't get this more streamlined.
Look at that lfo switcher, how much space it takes... The envelopes also take a lot of space. So You'll need a huge screen surface when you like using 3 envelopes and 3 lfo's.
Last edited by Stefken on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not exactly enthusiastic about the GUI either. But, maybe it's better in action. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Stefken wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pmI know it has kind of a modular approach but that doesn't mean you can't get this more streamlined.
Look at that lfo switcher, how much space it takes... The envelopes also take a lot of space. So You'll need a huge screen surface when you like using 3 envelopes and 3 lfo's.
You can only see 3 modulators at a time, if you take a closer look. Envs and LFOs are interchangeable, that's why LFOs look that big. Only the first of the 9 modulators there is always an envelope (obligatory amp envelope), the others are switchable between env of LFO. Even says so below the image. I'd venture a guess that "standard envelope" is just one of possible modulator types - there could be an MSEG there, too. But, these all need to conform to the same UI restraints in order to always be able to show 3 modulators at a time.

NI shouldn’t jump the gun with Feb release date. Projected June release is just couple months away from Komplete 13, but I guess they needed something special to sell Komplete 12. Lucky I didn’t bought the upgrade, will happily wait for ver 13 now.

Not surprised about the delay since it is almost always the same with such announced deadlines.
So i also would not bet it will be ready this year :)
So far i really like what i see about the GUI.

The mentioned fact that Mike Daliot is behind it oozes quality.
I'm sure it will be superb, again.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:41 pm NI shouldn’t jump the gun with Feb release date. Projected June release is just couple months away from Komplete 13, but I guess they needed something special to sell Komplete 12. Lucky I didn’t bought the upgrade, will happily wait for ver 13 now.
Highly unlikely. The gap between 11 and 12 was 2 years, and they haven't even finished 12 yet - they won't do so until June. I'd lay money on 13 not appearing until 2020, likely the autumn again.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Doing an upgrade/bundle package with perhaps the most interesting part of the bundle coming almost a year later seems strange, reminds me of when they used to do that 'Komplete care' thing when you paid a yearly fee and then got any updates they launched free....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”