Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

"The new routing section offers a freely patchable audio routing matrix, and features a new feedback bus, audio rate filter modulation bus, the use of modulators as audio sources, and more."

The feedback feature of Massive offer such endless magic.
Now (new feedback bus) perhaps developed even further and with new colors and options.

:hyper:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm Different modules altogether can be in insert FX slots. Doesn't have to be osc or filter, can be other stuff too. Including a VCA, if you'll judge by this earlier screenshot.
I must be missing something. It looks like there's one slot behind the filter which has 3 tabbed modules (insert osc, frequency shifter, bit whatever). My question is, can these three slots be anything (filters, VCAs, whatevers), or are these always those 3 types of module?

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pm My question is, can these three slots be anything (filters, VCAs, whatevers)?
Probably, as there can be total 5 oscillators.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

looks like someone is worried it could be a zebra killer

updates are about the same rate tho :lol:

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pmI must be missing something. It looks like there's one slot behind the filter which has 3 tabbed modules (insert osc, frequency shifter, bit whatever). My question is, can these three slots be anything (filters, VCAs, whatevers), or are these always those 3 types of module?
I'm not sure but I think the section with those 3 tabbed slots is not a filter, looks like a mixer/control section. The 3 tabs are labeled A, B & C and appear in the routing section. I imagine you can select different things for those slots and change the routing kind of like Reaktor. If you look at the routing picture you get a sense of what is going on.

Maybe the controls that appear on that mixer/control panel can change depending on which tab is activated. Notice that only the A, B, and F-shift are in bold type. Osc, C and Bit are greyed out. So that would mean that A and B modules are active while C is inactive. Also that only the F-shift controls are currently visible on the panel. Osc or Bit controls only appear on that panel if you select Osc or Bit in the tabs, the text turns bold depending on which you select.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Deep Purple wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 am At least NI sent out a $50 voucher to make up for it. It’s enough to buy an expansion without having to add cash
Hmm, maybe I can finally pick up Molekular. :party:

Do we know what the 12 slots ("Part 1, 2... Chorus, Bridge...") at the bottom are used for ?
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pmRead the FAQ. There are 5 insert slots, you can put stuff there, be it extra oscillators or extra filters. Then use the routing page to... route stuff.
Does it mean that you can technically have at the same time 5 Oscs + 2 filters ?

AnX wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 pm looks like someone is worried it could be a zebra killer

updates are about the same rate tho :lol:
I still have seen no indication of a wavetable editor. I use the ability to draw harmonics in Zebra2 (and Serum) a lot.

Urs wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:53 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:02 pm Different modules altogether can be in insert FX slots. Doesn't have to be osc or filter, can be other stuff too. Including a VCA, if you'll judge by this earlier screenshot.
I must be missing something. It looks like there's one slot behind the filter which has 3 tabbed modules (insert osc, frequency shifter, bit whatever). My question is, can these three slots be anything (filters, VCAs, whatevers), or are these always those 3 types of module?
Can be anything from available modules.

sinemotor wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:40 pm Do we know what the 12 slots ("Part 1, 2... Chorus, Bridge...") at the bottom are used for ?
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:22 pmRead the FAQ. There are 5 insert slots, you can put stuff there, be it extra oscillators or extra filters. Then use the routing page to... route stuff.
Does it mean that you can technically have at the same time 5 Oscs + 2 filters ?
I don't think so. Those 3 insert slots can be either oscs or filters or whatever else there's on tap. Pick your battles.

i'm not a big fan if the ui, the workflow looks messy, do we really need that big enveloppe block to add curve option to adsr env ?

lfo switcher look nice to automate.
routing section seems great.
oscillator part also

but

who needs 16 macro ?
give us the performer back, who need to have the same automation windows than in ableton live clip ?
ui is messy :/

i was 98% sure to buy it in february, with the new screenshots i'm 40% sure to buy it in June !

Insert FX slots... does that mean they are global or per voice?

I find the screenshots confusing. heh

Is Massive X built on Reaktor?

liv wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:18 pm "The new routing section offers a freely patchable audio routing matrix, and features a new feedback bus, audio rate filter modulation bus, the use of modulators as audio sources, and more."

The feedback feature of Massive offer such endless magic.
Now (new feedback bus) perhaps developed even further and with new colors and options.

:hyper:
So with a freely patchable audio routing matrix does that mean you can routing one Osc into another Osc for modulation?

4damind wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:14 pm Is Massive X built on Reaktor?
Read the FAQ on Massive X site.
drdriller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:08 pmwho needs 16 macro ?
8 macros is not enough for a synth of this complexity. Especially if that's going to be the only way to automate parameters (rather than reporting hundreds, or potentially thousands of parameters to DAW)!
pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:12 pm
Insert FX slots... does that mean they are global or per voice?

I find the screenshots confusing. heh

In Massive insert FX were all per voice, with additional FX that were global. I don't think they'd gimp it here. FAQ says up to 5 oscillators this way... so those insert FX are per voice. Why would you have a "global oscillator" :P
Last edited by EvilDragon on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”