Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

This is so, so tasty. :party:

If you've got UVI falcon the mini pluginhost fits like a glove. Just one click to remove the internal amplitude envelope and now you've got wavetables, FM, a plethora of different noise sources, granular and more types of VA modeling for OSC's not to mention samples. It's running much smoother than I expected with no glitches or anything out of the ordinary to note so far. Just keep an eye on attenuating your levels going out of the plugin host module :tu:

Cherry Audio made a revolution in the world of modular synths. This is the most affordable, simple and convenient modular.

I am afraid to imagine what will happen next. Because for several months Cherry Audio did more than other developers.

So that I personally would like - a simple drum sampler. Of course, I can now use any vst, but I would like a module from Cherry.

The 1.2 is bonkers. I have to admit I was concerned few months ago, because the start of VM seemed clunky an shaky, but it's incredible how much they've fixed and added since then. Looking forward to them taking over the software modular world!

Huge props to the devs! :) :clap: :hug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Wow! What an update!!!
Thank you devs for delivering.

Now we are talking! OpenGL acceleration works like a dream, now it's just pure joy to work with the interface. Plug-in hosting is something I didn't even know I needed, but it opens up so many new possibilities it's almost scary. Great work, thanks! Now back to coding modules... :)

(I see you also made the LEDs brighter, which was on my low-priority wishlist. It was kind of hard to see them before, now it's much better! Thx!)

.. is it now time for a Cherry Audio forum here?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 am .. is it now time for a Cherry Audio forum here?
Definitely! I have already suggested that a few times, and I think there’s absolutely no point running your own dedicated forum nowadays, with its own user database and login etc (like Cherry Audio is doing now). Especially when there already is an established platform for that (KVR).

DarkStar wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:24 am .. is it now time for a Cherry Audio forum here?
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/index.php
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

nice tip with falcon, can't wait to try it out, also my softube modular, synapse audio the legendfx and Gforce oddity2 FX could match perfect into the pluginhost.

That is a pretty welcomed update!!!
Thanks.

Hello everybody, I have just heard of this software via a thread over on the Bitwig forum and am definitely intrigued.

Would more experienced folk say that Voltage Modular is suitable for people like myself who have no prior experience with modular synthesis, but who are looking to dip their toes?

lickle_emu wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:55 pm Hello everybody, I have just heard of this software via a thread over on the Bitwig forum and am definitely intrigued.

Would more experienced folk say that Voltage Modular is suitable for people like myself who have no prior experience with modular synthesis, but who are looking to dip their toes?
Let me put it this way, it is the easiest of all the fully modular synths to program. But if you have no prior experience with modular synthesis, there is going to be a learning curve. There is no way around it. Some of the modules you will look at and have no idea what to do with them. Just take it slow and you'll eventually get there.

Also been baking in some unfiltered audio BYOME patches in with pluginhost, works great!

A modular effects rack in my modular synth plugin hosted in my modular DAW (bitwig) :wink:

Still note D1 on all my midi controllers does not work with Voltage Modular but works fine in everything else.

Does anybody else have this or a solution please?

simmo75 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 pm Still note D1 on all my midi controllers does not work with Voltage Modular but works fine in everything else.
Please check the MIDI tab in Voltage Modular and see if you've accidentally mapped D1 to control a performance knob or other parameter. If you did, the D1 key will control that parameter instead of sounding.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Return to “Instruments”