VIs from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plugin Alliance due to start selling virtual instruments.
https://rekkerd.org/plugin-alliance-ann ... struments/

Interesting. Cant wait to see what Unfiltered Audio come up with. :hyper:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm Interesting. Cant wait to see what Unfiltered Audio come up with. :hyper:
We've been coding around-the-clock getting this ready and fixing bugs on our other products. It's been a crazy few week.

PA is hosting a party the Sunday after NAMM, so we will reveal more information then. We're targeting essentially what we did with BYOME... we want it to be very deep but obvious and easy-to-use.

thelizard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:00 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm Interesting. Cant wait to see what Unfiltered Audio come up with. :hyper:
We've been coding around-the-clock getting this ready and fixing bugs on our other products. It's been a crazy few week.

PA is hosting a party the Sunday after NAMM, so we will reveal more information then. We're targeting essentially what we did with BYOME... we want it to be very deep but obvious and easy-to-use.
Very looking forward to your developments in that area 👌

Does this mean Dmitry is going to be offering new synths at PA? Or just that Thorn and Diversion will be available there?

The new Brainworx synth looks a bit like an Oberheim interface. Let's see. UA synth will be nice anyway. You keep me/us hooked :)

thelizard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Awesome! :tu:

dermage wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:55 am The new Brainworx synth looks a bit like an Oberheim interface. Let's see. UA synth will be nice anyway. You keep me/us hooked :)
Yes, it looks much like the controls on the SEM. 8)

Given that their machinery is quantity and "sell am as much as you can" i am in doubt that this will be anything near well known players in VST industry.

They can stick their TMT up in their asses if you ask me. We at least know it takes a lot more then random seed of values - to make something sounding good.

Spare me their SSL endorsement which they are pointing so loudly in their synth PR nonsense (like SSL is producing synths gimme a break).

I've seen enough when a lot of crowd over at Gearslutz pointed out that their latest SSL endorsed plugin is shipped with absolutely broken metering (so much about SSL actually checking plugins they endorse ). You would think that guys over at SSL can spot bad loudness meters right? You can start up on page 6 and read around 30 pages of silence from PA (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... ins-6.html ). Apparently that bug is reported even years ago in their Neve channel strips but no one from PA cared. And Dirk was acting superior. That's it.

And most of the amateurs were satisfied with "ehhh...disregard meters plugin sounds good".

So i am doubting their "synth" expertise is up to the task.

So curious about the UA instrument.

Pretty sure it's going to be two osc VA synth or a "revolutionary" take on Minimoog.
No signature here!

kmonkey wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 am Given that their machinery is quantity and "sell am as much as you can" i am in doubt that this will be anything near well known players in VST industry.

They can stick their TMT up in their asses if you ask me. We at least know it takes a lot more then random seed of values - to make something sounding good.

Spare me their SSL endorsement which they are pointing so loudly in their synth PR nonsense (like SSL is producing synths gimme a break).

I've seen enough when a lot of crowd over at Gearslutz pointed out that their latest SSL endorsed plugin is shipped with absolutely broken metering (so much about SSL actually checking plugins they endorse ). You would think that guys over at SSL can spot bad loudness meters right? You can start up on page 6 and read around 30 pages of silence from PA (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... ins-6.html ). Apparently that bug is reported even years ago in their Neve channel strips but no one from PA cared. And Dirk was acting superior. That's it.

And most of the amateurs were satisfied with "ehhh...disregard meters plugin sounds good".

So i am doubting their "synth" expertise is up to the task.
Whatever else you might think of PA and Dirk (not a lot here!) I have complete faith that Mike and Josh at UA will deliver something spectacular with the synth they are working on.

Interesting to see Dmitry Sches joining PA. I have mixed feelings about the company but i hope it works out for him and he gets a lot of well deserved exposure, no doubt i'll grab Thorn when it's cheap. I don't often get hyped about instruments these days but a new synth from UA is certainly exciting too.

Sad to know that Sches will join PA. oh well. As for the bx_console meters, I've been using them since N came out. Yes they broken. But in the way I use them I can work around that. They do sound good but they aren't any kind of magic potion (no plugin is). I am just not excited about PA as much as I was after they spent over a year messing around with offers, vouchers, etc and screwing a lot of things up. Oh and a direct disppointing exchnage or two with Dirk. PA is not what they were. I don't have any excitement for them over a synth, Sches or not. :dog: :phones:

Its bound to be good.

Return to “Instruments”