Bitwig Studio 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like kitty is all grown up now. :hihi:

ckam03 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:17 pm
v1o wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:58 pm Well they still haven't delivered on all their promises they made when they first announced Bitwig. Where is the online stuff? And it has taken them up to version 3 to even get the modular stuff implemented. We'll have to see if it's even close to as powerful as Max4live.
See. The trolls will never be happy. The modular finally comes out and it's "well they still haven't released everything they said they would!" Get outta here. It probably won't be because Max has been around for years. Why would you expect the first iteration to be as powerful?
The honest truth is they over promised things and have been slow to deliver. If you bought the release version of Bitwig based on the promise of the spec sheet they had up on the early website. Then your update plan probably expired well before any of the most interesting features came to fruition. What Bitwig don't tell people is that they used their user-base as a sort of crowd found to finance the features they were initially promising. Bitwig was pretty much sold on the promise of having features Ableton Live users have been requesting for years and as an antidote to some of its quirks. It's now years down the line since launch and some features are still no shows.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am
v1o wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:58 pm Well they still haven't delivered on all their promises they made when they first announced Bitwig. Where is the online stuff? And it has taken them up to version 3 to even get the modular stuff implemented. We'll have to see if it's even close to as powerful as Max4live.
See. The trolls will never be happy. The modular finally comes out and it's "well they still haven't released everything they said they would!" Get outta here. It probably won't be because Max has been around for years. Why would you expect the first iteration to be as powerful?
The honest truth is they over promised things and have been slow to deliver. If you bought the release version of Bitwig based on the promise of the spec sheet they had up on the early website. Then your update plan probably expired well before any of the most interesting features came to fruition. What Bitwig don't tell people is that they used their user-base as a sort of crowd found to finance the features they were initially promising. Bitwig was pretty much sold on the promise of having features Ableton Live users have been requesting for years and as an antidote to some of its quirks. It's now years down the line since launch and some features are still no shows.
This is indeed a scandal, people have had to ‘pay’ for updates to get the new features promised in a new future version when all another DAW manufactures have just given away their mayor updates and do all of their developement for free and require no funding :dog:

Cubase seems to be ‘crowd funded’ for every 0.5 update the poor dears, and Ableton are so in need of fundinging they had to charge the full cost of Bitwig for one small suite update!

Slow to deliver? BWS is without any doubt the fastest developing DAW on the market and has the most frequent significant updates....I could not be happier with what has been delivered in 1 update cycle...go back and look what we have had in V2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 3....that’s seven major updates in a very short time....Live did one in twice as long which is I suspect why so many people are switching to Bitwig where the future is very, very bright 8)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

fortune teller wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 am Image

Looks like kitty is all grown up now. :hihi:
AL vs BWS ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZm8hffNs1I

the winner is the black-orange one :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

SLiC wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 am
v1o wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am
This is indeed a scandal, people have had to ‘pay’ for updates to get the new features promised in a new future version when all another DAW manufactures have just given away their mayor updates and do all of their developement for free and require no funding :dog:

Cubase seems to be ‘crowd funded’ for every 0.5 update the poor dears, and Ableton are so in need of fundinging they had to charge the full cost of Bitwig for one small suite update!

Slow to deliver? BWS is without any doubt the fastest developing DAW on the market and has the most frequent significant updates....I could not be happier with what has been delivered in 1 update cycle...go back and look what we have had in V2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 3....that’s seven major updates in a very short time....Live did one in twice as long which is I suspect why so many people are switching to Bitwig where the future is very, very bright 8)
You dont get it. They have never marketed Cubase based on as yet non existent features.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 am You dont get it. They have never marketed Cubase based on as yet non existent features.
Yup, a brand new company made a mistake... they learned from it and moved on. You are stuck in the past and when you are 75 sitting in your rocking chair you will still be going on about.

just a remark, FL Studio>
Do I get EVERYTHING free for life?
No. If it's a core program feature, such as 'Time Signature' support for example, we usually include these free. If it's a plugin, we may include it free, but also may decide to sell it as an optional extra. But don't worry, there is always lots of free features with each new FL Studio release. That's why we are still here!

How does Image-Line stay in business? Our lifetime free updates policy attracts a lot of new customers, FL Studio is possibly the world's most popular DAW, but importantly we tend to keep nearly all our customers for the long-haul, and so the active up-to-date, user base just keeps growing! It's the word of mouth, from this loyal and growing crowd of users that propels us forward.

One of our philosophies is that you should only pay for features you use. In this way, we include a number of optional (trial) synthesizers, effects and sounds. Since our loyal customer base is so large (thanks to all of you), the combined new and additional sales pay for the free updates to the existing customer base. This model has been working for us for over 15 years and we are continuing to grow. So, please purchase FL Studio and add-ons, support the entire FL Studio community...Lifetime Free Updates are powered by you.
- https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... p_free.htm

so this is a possible way too and a good one https://trends.google.hu/trends/explore ... udio%20one
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

pdxindy wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:54 am
v1o wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 am You dont get it. They have never marketed Cubase based on as yet non existent features.
I have Cubase 10, it may not be marketed on ‘non existent’ features, but it is certainly released with some of those features only half finished.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Now I'm really starting to take notice. I've never taken notice of pricing though.

What chance a Version 3 launch discount ?

xbitz wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:39 am just a remark, FL Studio>
Do I get EVERYTHING free for life?
No. If it's a core program feature, such as 'Time Signature' support for example, we usually include these free. If it's a plugin, we may include it free, but also may decide to sell it as an optional extra. But don't worry, there is always lots of free features with each new FL Studio release. That's why we are still here!

How does Image-Line stay in business? Our lifetime free updates policy attracts a lot of new customers, FL Studio is possibly the world's most popular DAW, but importantly we tend to keep nearly all our customers for the long-haul, and so the active up-to-date, user base just keeps growing! It's the word of mouth, from this loyal and growing crowd of users that propels us forward.

One of our philosophies is that you should only pay for features you use. In this way, we include a number of optional (trial) synthesizers, effects and sounds. Since our loyal customer base is so large (thanks to all of you), the combined new and additional sales pay for the free updates to the existing customer base. This model has been working for us for over 15 years and we are continuing to grow. So, please purchase FL Studio and add-ons, support the entire FL Studio community...Lifetime Free Updates are powered by you.
- https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... p_free.htm

so this is a possible way too and a good one https://trends.google.hu/trends/explore ... udio%20one
That's easy to pull off when you've been on the market for 15+ years, have hundreds of thousands of legit users and few times that of "pirates" who might be finally encouraged to becoming legit by such an initiative... I actually wonder what's the split of FL license purchases between existing and new users?

Bitwig had 0 users in 2013.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

"That's easy to pull off when you've been on the market for 15+ years,..."

@antic604

Don't turn things upside down, please. You simply meant that FLS kept a true policy for 15 years. That's the reason why it's so popular. While BWS did not keep a true policy at all. Online collaboration as promised almost 5 years ago? Maybe that's the difference: that it seems hard for software farmers to live up to their policy and stay in business.

excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am "That's easy to pull off when you've been on the market for 15+ years,..."

@antic604

Don't turn things upside down, please. You simply meant that FLS kept a true policy for 15 years. That's the reason why it's so popular. While BWS did not keep a true policy at all. Online collaboration as promised almost 5 years ago? Maybe that's the difference: that it seems hard for software farmers to live up to their policy and stay in business.
What remedy do you wish for ?

excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am Don't turn things upside down, please. You simply meant that FLS kept a true policy for 15 years.
That's why after many years of talking about it there is still not a full reliable OSX version.

That is why after many years, OSX Harmor is still a mirage.

Holding FL Studio up as an example of promises kept is a joke.

(Note, I don't care if a company keeps its so called promises. They all work hard and sincerely try and sometimes things just don't go as planned.)

No, maybe not - but often enough on badly implemented features that were at least close to unusable or software they promised updates for they never delivered .... (Cubase VST5, SX3, Halion 5 to name just a few)

excuse me please wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:00 am "That's easy to pull off when you've been on the market for 15+ years,..."

@antic604

That wasn't my intention. According to Wikipedia, free lifetime updates were only added with v10, i.e. in March 2011 which means 14 years after Fruity Loops was first released. So I'm not sure where you got those 15 years of "true policy" or what it even means.

And it's popular because it's heavily pirated - I'd estimate only a quarter of FL users I know of owns a legit version.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”