WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (on guitars)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just saw this today on the ams site. I was looking at an esp when I saw it, I checked 8 brands to see if they had it (random models)
Fender...yes
Gibson...no
Epiphone...no
Ibanez...yes
ESP...yes
Dean...yes
Schecter...yes
Jackson...yes

:?:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

What do they have?

Edit: Nevermind, i went to that site to check. Well... to be totally honest with you, i doubt there's any harm when you're not by chance sucking on your guitar neck.

Reproductive harm if you do what to a Guitar?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It was on my Gretsch box, as well. From what little I've read, it has to do with California regulations regarding carcinogenic materials in products. So, I expect the warning only applies to Californians.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Yeah, if you're a human outside of California you're immune to it. No big deal.

I got a similar warning with the gig bag that came with my reface.

Probably best not to tell them the sun can also cause cancer.
Image Image Image Image

I'm more concerned of California lawmakers than I am any of the products this label is affixed.

oh...I thought guitars were getting cancer from all those people who stuff a cigarette at the top of the neck and forced them to smoke :dog:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Every cigarette stuck between the string and the headstock gives Keith Richards 1 more day of life.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

do you suppose he's averaged two packs a day since 15 years old? 60 years, two packs a day would be 438,000 cigarettes in his life. Add to that all the other things he's smoked and he might be the reigning bic flicking champion of the world

i recently had some various patch cords arrive from sweetwater.com & they all had cancer warnings on them, which was something i had never seen before. weird.
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:17 pm Reproductive harm if you do what to a Guitar?
nothing too kinky
just some light frottage and an alabama hot pocket on cold nights.

Yeah, it's a requirement in California. I think a lot of companies find it easier to include the Prop65 warning with every unit sold than try to only add it to the boxes being shipped to California.

Here is some information from the State of California: https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
The wiki page has more practical information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_Cali ... osition_65

Some companies will just put the label on everything they sell without checking for compliance because it's cheaper. RoHS and other regulations have done a lot to cut down on the use of carcinogenic chemicals in manufacturing, particularly lead and mercury. I wonder sometimes if the warning causes a lot of false panic. Then again, I'm sure there are products out there which should have a warning on them, which people dismiss as it's become so common.

few years back in the uk, the daily mail used to come out with a cancer scare story almost daily.
to the point even broccoli was named as a cancer causing food :dog:

Not too much has changed in that regard over here. :) Cancer is the no. 1 death cause, and it's still pretty unclear for the most part, and, the media loves its scare stories. And, the people love it too, otherwise they wouldn't eat it unquestioned.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”