Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Yes. If you read my other posts here, you'd know that i hold Monark in the highest regards. :) I didn't mean Monark in this case. *hint hint*

My problem with Monark has nothing to do with the sound. It's simply not efficient for me to use it. Legend, it's one click to open. Monark, it's two clicks. Reaktor, THEN Monark. When I have a perfectly good alternative, there's no reason for me to go through the extra step.

Lazy? Yep, sure am. I'd rather spend that few seconds actually making the music.

But.. but.. it's only one more click. ;)

I also wished that Reaktor would allow to load the last loaded ensemble on start up though. Or does it?

Monark is good. But i like The Legend more and the Moog emulation is even much much better for my taste.
So it is just a matter of taste.
I like the Moog filters in general, so it is also a matter of taste and no fact like with everything (my favorite personally would be the state-variable from P900).
Back to topic.
I hope Massive X get some good comb-filters or better something really innovative which we never heard yet. (Which i doubt)

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:48 pm But.. but.. it's only one more click. ;)

I also wished that Reaktor would allow to load the last loaded ensemble on start up though. Or does it?
Saving as a DAW patch and i also have just one click.
But the thing for me is i get the same quality of Reaktor sounds with 1/10 of cpu usage with other tools.

What are "Reaktor sounds"? :? There are ensembles which sound much worse than Monark. Reaktor doesn't have a sound, like SynthEdit doesn't have a sound. It all depends on the programming of the ensembles.

Apart from that, you always propagated the Moog iOS apps, but, even though i didn't try them myself (i can't, as i don't have a iOS devices), the demos didn't really blow me away. OK, they really only demonstrated simple sound, so, there's not much i can take away from them really.

Let's just say that i doubt that Moog wants to compete with their own thousands of dollars hardware synths with $20 apps. ;)

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:48 pmI also wished that Reaktor would allow to load the last loaded ensemble on start up though. Or does it?
Yep.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 pmSaving as a DAW patch and i also have just one click.

This is a better solution, though.

Wags, you're a Cubase user, yes? You can definitely do this. Save a VST preset in Media Bay for each of Reaktor ensembles you want to use, then it's really quick to load Reaktor with that specific ensemble right off the bat, from Media Bay...
Last edited by EvilDragon on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woo. Thanks so much for that. :)

Wags, take a note. :hihi:
Last edited by chk071 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 pm What are "Reaktor sounds"? :? There are ensembles which sound much worse than Monark. Reaktor doesn't have a sound, like SynthEdit doesn't have a sound. It all depends on the programming of the ensembles.

Apart from that, you always propagated the Moog iOS apps, but, even though i didn't try them myself (i can't, as i don't have a iOS devices), the demos didn't really blow me away. OK, they really only demonstrated simple sound, so, there's not much i can take away from them really.

Let's just say that i doubt that Moog wants to compete with their own thousands of dollars hardware synths with $20 apps. ;)
Like i said it is anyway a personal preference.
I just judge it by using them myself and the Model D app wins hands down for me. And yes, i wish there would be a Moog VST/AU. But it is the sum if its all of course. How playable it is, how it reacts to live tweaking and so on. MPE is nice to have too and the right FX on top to pronounce the character (which is spot on for me in the app as well).
I would say it is the most musical software Minimoog for me (especially the saturation/feedback which is terrible on all others for me and Moog made a kind of extra signal path for just the saturation...hard to explain in my words but it just works). Some others also seems to agree (some which actually compared it in depth to the hardware and other emulations) it is the best filter section they heard yet. Of course it is no fact at all. Just an opinion. And yes, i hate it that i only can use it on my iOS devices and have to record it as audio into Logic.
Oh, it was just 5 dollar indeed for me and i think people getting the hardware do not care about emulations anyway. I mean i get 4 voices with MPE for 5 dollar which sounds even better for me.
Uupps, back to Massive X. Not sure if the synth will get the hype the old Massive once got. These days it all feels like „it is just another synth“ anyway.
In times where 5 dollar apps sound as good as any plug-in i like to see....mmhhh....more. What? I do not know really :D

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:48 pmI also wished that Reaktor would allow to load the last loaded ensemble on start up though. Or does it?
Yep.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 pmSaving as a DAW patch and i also have just one click.

Wags, you're a Cubase user, yes? You can definitely do this. Save a VST preset in Media Bay for each of Reaktor ensembles you want to use, then it's really quick to load Reaktor with that specific ensemble right off the bat, from Media Bay...
Yeah, but then I have to use Media Bay which I never touch. I just don't like the whole concept. Granted, some people love it. Me? Not so much. I prefer the basic add instrument, audio, midi options. Media Bay is just too convoluted for me.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:44 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm
Yep.

Yeah, but then I have to use Media Bay which I never touch. I just don't like the whole concept. Granted, some people love it. Me? Not so much. I prefer the basic add instrument, audio, midi options. Media Bay is just too convoluted for me.
[/quote]

Mmhh, but then you make your life harder. I mean for me it is even a lot faster to just load a Logic patch with a Reaktor ensemble (plus midi, FX and whatever) via one click as clicking it all together.
Simple said, if you do not like the highway, you have to stay with the country lane.

Well, what can I say? I just loaded media bay (F5) and my eyes glazed over. I can't be bothered looking at all that.

So yeah, I'll stay on the country lane. And no, my life isn't harder. Legend works just fine.

It's a pretty lame reason for not wanting to use Reaktor ensembles, though. :)

Cinebient wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 pm Saving as a DAW patch and i also have just one click.
That's a nice trick. And with the Ableton collections I can put it anywhere I want.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:03 pm It's a pretty lame reason for not wanting to use Reaktor ensembles, though. :)
I use Reaktor ensembles when there are no alternatives. But in the case of Monark, no reason to use it. Legend is just as good and it's one less click.

I use Reaktor all the time. Just not when there's no need to.

Return to “Instruments”