ES-8 question

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im considering replacing my ES-1/ADAT box combination with an ES-8 (or possibly an ES-3), to be used on a Windows system, but I had a couple of queries.

On Windows, what are the driver types available? From other posts it looks like ASIO is possible, but anything else? I use ASIO for my main soundcard, so wouldnt be able to run two ASIO devices side by side. Anything decently low-latency eg WASAPI?

Also, what's the driver latency like, especially for any non-ASIO drivers?

Sorry if this is somewhere in the spec page, I couldnt find it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If you already have an interface with ADAT the ES-3 is a better choice.

os wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:26 pm If you already have an interface with ADAT the ES-3 is a better choice.
Yeah, but Im not sure I want to have to replace the 8-in/8-out ADAT box Ive got, I was kind of hoping I could do the CV stuff separately and keep it.

What devices do you have at the moment?

Currently a Profire 2626 on Firewire, ADAT'd to both an Emu 1820-M on PCI and a Behringer ADA8200 (which is what's currently connected to the ES-1). Multiple hardware devices separately connected on their own dedicated IO, no intermediate mixer.

The 1820 plays very well side-by-side with the Profire, and lets me run a non-ASIO app in parallel with an ASIO one and send that audio to the Profire over ADAT. I was hoping the ES-8 might be as 'amenable'...

Maybe i'll stick with the ES-1 until I upgrade this PC to something that I cant use a PCI card in.

So you could replace the ADA8200/ES-1 pair with an ES-3? Just thinking in terms of minimal changes/expense.

os wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:09 pm So you could replace the ADA8200/ES-1 pair with an ES-3? Just thinking in terms of minimal changes/expense.
Yup. That's what I'd had in the back of my head until I started to wonder about running the ES-8 in parallel.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”