Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:12 pm If you're on Mac, there are no uninstallers. If you're on Windows, you can uninstall from control panel.

That said, you can try browsing through Komplete Kontrol. It's much faster than going through Reaktor itself - and you also get audio previews before loading a patch, which is damn neat. :)
Appreciate your efforts to be helpful... I have no interest to install yet more software. I have no interest to get pulled farther into the NI techsystem just to use some plugins.

It is annoying that they cannot be bothered to make a Mac uninstaller but I'll figure out how to do a proper uninstall. Time for some early spring cleaning.

No, there's no uninstallers on Mac by definition, to my knowledge. It's not about not being bothered to write one. The system works differently to Windows. So 3rd party "uninstaller" programs exist for Mac as a sort of a "countermeasure".

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm No, there's no uninstallers on Mac by definition, to my knowledge. It's not about not being bothered to write one. The system works differently to Windows. So 3rd party "uninstaller" programs exist for Mac as a sort of a "countermeasure".
I'm sure a company the size of NI could figure out how to uninstall stuff. It is just a matter of deleting a bunch of files.

I understand a small company with only a few products not doing it... but for a company with so many products that they need a separate install program, they need to be more helpful. Even if it is not automatic, the could open up the various folders where stuff needs to be deleted... something. There is not even a link in Native Access that informs the user how to do it. So obviously they cannot be bothered to be even a bit helpful.

I'm a bit confused. Are there any Mac plugins which come with a uninstaller?

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:59 pm I'm a bit confused. Are there any Mac plugins which come with a uninstaller?
Most Dev's don't have like 50 plugins!!

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:59 pm I'm a bit confused. Are there any Mac plugins which come with a uninstaller?
very very very few.

I usually use EasyFind to find them and remove all traces of them.

Or AppCleaner App.

but for plugins usually just going to your AU/Vst/Avid/Digidesign/Vst3 folder and dragging them into trash is sufficient.

rsp
sound sculptist

There are very few Mac programmes of any sort that come with an uninstaller and even if they did I wouldn't trust them enough to use them. Mac apps are much more self contained though on the whole.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ok, for Komplete, i can see how this can become a problem. :)

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:03 pm Ok, for Komplete, i can see how this can become a problem. :)
And... in talking about it here, it already sounds like too big a deal... I just mentioned it in passing and it is only a tiny annoyance... mostly because I have to install and use a separate app anyway, otherwise I do not expect an uninstaller. :)

zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm
but for plugins usually just going to your AU/Vst/Avid/Digidesign/Vst3 folder and dragging them into trash is sufficient.

rsp
For NI there are 5 or more locations in which you need to delete files to fully remove them.

This thread sure lost focus, hopefully in May we can start a new thread speculating on Massive X !

DrEntropy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm This thread sure lost focus
not by kvr standards.
were still discussing synths and even ni, usually we are waaaaay past that this many pages in :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

rsp
For NI there are 5 or more locations in which you need to delete files to fully remove them.

you usually can set up NI's installer what formats to install but indeed I mostly use easyfind to find all of them and indeed an installer would be perfect.
rsp
sound sculptist

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:28 pmFor NI there are 5 or more locations in which you need to delete files to fully remove them.
Yes, that is called "following the guidelines on which type of data is supposed to be installed where". They are following it correctly on both Windows and macOS. So it's not just NI. A bunch of programs install things to more than one location, and reasons for this do exist.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm
DrEntropy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 pm This thread sure lost focus
not by kvr standards.
were still discussing synths and even ni, usually we are waaaaay past that this many pages in :hihi:
:hihi:

Return to “Instruments”