Why is every second sample set being called a library?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is quite common, you see a new piano library, you check it out and it turns out to be a single piano. It seems stupid choice of wording to me. I mean, you sample a set of frying pans, you get a frying pan library, you sample a single frying pan and you get a sample set or an instrument, right? Maybe it's because I'm not a native English writer... It it because 'library' sounds more noble and serious. Or is it just me, who finds it somewhat annoying.

Can I add Producer to this list?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

What if it's a 'producer of libraries'?

My cat is a Producer.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

f**king, 'DAW'. It's a sequencer.

Ok, but what’s up if one launchs a set of sampled books?
Closing, opening, page turned, burned for special fx/sound design.
3RR/page.
One of the book untitle “The Producer, journey within creativity mayem”.

They think: Because two SAMPLES form a (very) small LIBRARY. If there are more samples than two it's more a library. It's a library of samples. Library of files. Every digital library is inherently a collection of files (books, songs, photos, videos etc.) on the disk. Sample library looks the same way. Therefore, it's a library.

pretty much just that, yes

"Sample library", I stand calm and corrected. However, when I find a "frying pan library", I expect multiple puns.

Multiple perspectives, multiple layers, round robins per layer. Thousands and thousands of files that can be turned on or off depending on the configuration. I say "library" is appropriate. I would also go with set, kit, or system. The word "sample" to describe the entire package would not do it justice.

I do want to hear that frying pan library. Nice reverb and an LFO, and you might have something there. But please, make sure the mod wheel works.

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:20 am f**king, 'DAW'. It's a sequencer.

and a host, and mixing desk....

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”