Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

stanis1avsky wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm After 1.4.5 update min/maj changes in arpeggiator stopped working (((
Reinstalled 1.4.2 - it works again
what do you mean?
"added OSC-StartKey/EndKey mod target"
no, it means you can modulate the zones on the zones page now via modulation

Bug in 1.4.5:
ARP stop playing when you change notes in Piano Roll only. On a Keyboard it works normal.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

msvs wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 am no, it means you can modulate the zones on the zones page now via modulation

Ok. Is there any way to do what I described with samples?
"Does this mean we can trigger a sample at note release?"

In kontakt there is a button for this, very useful :!:

ReboundAudio wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:15 am Bug in 1.4.5:
ARP stop playing when you change notes in Piano Roll only. On a Keyboard it works normal.
same here! windows 10.. cubase 10

msvs wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 am
stanis1avsky wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:28 pm After 1.4.5 update min/maj changes in arpeggiator stopped working (((
Reinstalled 1.4.2 - it works again
what do you mean?
I mean that when i play midi clip with min-maj transition (Arp is in Chord detection mode) - Avenger does not play appropriate chord. In the case shown on the picture always plays a minor.
Ver 1.4.2 plays minor-major correctly in this case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

we will check this

edit: yes you are right. Fix tomorrow

1.4.6. released

ARP works fine again.
Avenger seems now stable and doesn't produce DAW crashes anymore in Ableton Live 10.

Thank you for that update. :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

msvs wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:46 pm on the VOICING PAGE
there was the "endless sub bass" mode on off switch
Now its no longer a switch, its a menu with several options

try out tipp:
- OSC1 - load a PAD sample
- OSC2 - load a Sinewave, set it to "Chord Detection" on in the endless sub menu
- play a chord

you will have automatically the correct SUB BASS, when you play Amin, Fmaj, Cmaj - whatever
Unless one plays inversions, in which case the endless sub picks the lowest note regardless if is the root of the chord or not.

Sorry to say. But V1.4.6 have strong CPU spikes now. I have loaded a factory preset to be sure it's not a problem with my preset. Load DR Hardstyle Kick from Factory. The CPU spikes up to 58% without playing anything. :(

msvs wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm we will check this

edit: yes you are right. Fix tomorrow
Sorry, the same problem with 1.4.6 - arp does not follow min/maj changes
Tested on 2 different machines in Studio One 3 & 4
What am i doing wrong?

Unless one plays inversions, in which case the endless sub picks the lowest note regardless if is the root of the chord or not.
no, then you do something wrong. Exactly this does the chord detection NOT do. You can Play C E G, E G C or G C E, does not matter since all are recognized as Cmaj

@stanis1avsky
sure you installed 1.4.6 and not still using 1.4.5
did not have the chance to try it yet, but will check again tomorrow, - Rene told me its fixed

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:21 pm
no, then you do something wrong. Exactly this does the chord detection NOT do. You can Play C E G, E G C or G C E, does not matter since all are recognized as Cmaj

Check this video and maybe you can point out what I'm doing wrong (in case you can't read the text in the video, the midi special is set to "filter to chord root note": https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/0UjFULLe/file.html

PS: In midi special menu clicking "endless sub fade" repeatedly, activates and deactivates the function and the dot changes accordingly (empty circle for off, full circle for on). But doing the same with "endless sub switch" does not update the graphics unless I close and reopen the menu.

the low "E" you play is out of range for the Cmaj detection (out of range means if you are more than 12 notes away from the highest note in the chord)
If a Key is that far off, it overwrites the chord detection and plays the key, which is played. This allows playing a chord with the right hand and still being able to play a independent bassnote with the left hand, for example a Cmaj with a deep G bass, or a bassrun from C to G while still holding the chord
Last edited by msvs on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rene fixed the Chord Dection min/maj now. Seems he misunderstood what I and you meant. Update later today. Furthermore the Endless Sub Switch graphic not updating is fixed, thx @Sircuit for pointing out

Return to “Instruments”