I'm a foley artist, ask me to make free stuff!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's up KVR, in this thread you guys asked me to record certain foley fx for free, and I'm fulfilling those requests. This is where you'll find updates on what's going on.

Get the packs here: https://dansmusicpage.wordpress.com/

Current list of requests in order of priority:
  1. Vegetables (e.g. celery snapping or a squash being smashed) (Completed)
  2. Glass breaking (WIP)
  3. Debris (falling debris, big stones & cement)
  4. Household stuff (kitchen appliances, tools, pots and pans, bubbling pots, hissing oil, shower, toilet, misc. household items)
  5. Sounds of children's toys (key winding, motorized/RC cars, robots, things that have speakers)
  6. Metal doors - the bigger the better
With that said, I'd like to release these approximately monthly if possible.

Current progress: Editing the already recorded glass breaking samples.
Last edited by Dan95363 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:12 am, edited 20 times in total.

Is your name Axel?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Wind blowing through objects!
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

make some free stuff!

Michael L wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:34 pm Wind blowing through objects!
Neat idea, but it's winter here and I don't feel like going outside for extended periods of time haha. But maybe in the future!

Whatever is unique to your area/environs that others don't necessarily have access to. Also keep an ear out for events. And put yourself there. Don't ask yourself if you should record, just do it, the storage is free and you can always delete it.

Make a classic foley, breaking bones!... I mean celery.

Zombie Queen wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:14 pm Make a classic foley, breaking bones!... I mean celery.
You got it chief. The pack after the current one I'm editing will be vegetables :wink:

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:59 pm Whatever is unique to your area/environs that others don't necessarily have access to. Also keep an ear out for events. And put yourself there. Don't ask yourself if you should record, just do it, the storage is free and you can always delete it.
For sure, although I'm still on the high school grind so time isn't really on my hands like that if y'know what I mean.

What instruments do you have? If you have a bass guitar, how about sampling ALL the notes of that bass? I will pass on drums.

If you have a very good synthesizer, would you please sample the lead sounds (for melodies and solos)?

If you have Led Zeppelin CDs, could you please isolate Jimmy Page's guitar parts and sample those?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Need more cassette noises, pressing play, stop, rewind,

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:59 pm Whatever is unique to your area/environs that others don't necessarily have access to. Also keep an ear out for events. And put yourself there. Don't ask yourself if you should record, just do it, the storage is free and you can always delete it.
+1

A random special kind of sound I am obsessed with using and have a hard time finding;

Various types of chains.
Being dragged. Kicked. Hanging. Slid(?) around.
On clean or dirty surfaces; cement, metal, wood.

Maybe other small resonant metal bits too, but I think the sameness and connectedness of the many links in a chain is a part of why its a special sound...

A niche market for sure! :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

The sound of one hand clapping!

;-)

A ukulele salesman riding a stubborn zebra which slips, tumbling down a flight of stairs until they both land at the bottom in a tub of lime jello.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”